Yo I just saw 28 days later for the first time

Options
Beta
Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
lol I know I'm about 10 years too late but that was a good ass movie and the thing is I seen 28 weeks later first and compared to this one that ? was ehh.

But I dunno the movie kinda captivated me from the way it was shot, the scenery shots, the music, and just the gritty, survival feel to it throughout the movie. Lower budget movies like that are always greater than their big budget big actor counterparts.

I do say that they do need to make more virus/Zombie outtbreak type movies though thats not named the travesty that is resident evil. I would rather watch these type of movies than those stupid ass exoricsm/paranormal activity movies. Virus/Zombie movies just have that realistic feel to them which make them in my opinion more scary.

But yeah 28 days later was the ? . Sorry I slept on it for so long. Anybody got any more movies like it so I can maybe watch on netflix or somethin?

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Really loved the movies. i thought 28 weeks was pretty dope as well. The overall feel of 28 days tho was a lot scarier. just eerie as ? .
  • jokaman_03
    jokaman_03 Members Posts: 39
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Really loved the movies. i thought 28 weeks was pretty dope as well. The overall feel of 28 days tho was a lot scarier. just eerie as ? .

agreed. i like 28 weeks later but it didnt have the same feel as the first one did
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    if you like low budget movies about outbreaks/zombies, check out the British produced/directed.............Colin.

it was made with a budget of $70 USD and it's shot from the perspective of the person being bit then turning into a zombie, walking the streets, feeding and being attacked.

There's little dialogue because it's a zombie walking the streets, but it's enough to tell a story.

The entire movie is on YouTube in 8-parts.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    28 Months Later 2013
  • Lou Cypher
    edited January 2012
    Options
    In October 2010, when Alex Garland was asked what was happening with 28 Months Later, he declared: "I'll answer that completely honestly. When we made 28 Days Later, the rights were frozen between a group of people who are no longer talking to each other. And so, the film is never going to happen unless those people start talking to each other again. There is no script as far as I'm aware."
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Really? It's been set for a 2013 release and I would think that they would've had that clear enough it's not gonna happen. Maybe it is, just not to this guys knowledge.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Yeah i took it off the wikipedia so it could have been ok'd.
  • rice n gravy
    rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    28 days later was better imo especially the last half hour when they let that one motherfker loose
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    It was a good flick. I liked it.
  • young chad
    young chad Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    28 Days and 28 Weeks really did help inspire my love for zombie films....I can not WAIT to get my first feature done...my short is still doing well though...LONG LIVE THE ZOMBIE GENRE!
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    28 Months Later 2013

ill be waiting...........................
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    young chad wrote: »
    28 Days and 28 Weeks really did help inspire my love for zombie films....I can not WAIT to get my first feature done...my short is still doing well though...LONG LIVE THE ZOMBIE GENRE!

Good luck dude...make sure u drop a link when u get finished.