Eli > Peyton ?

Mrslim1
Mrslim1 Members Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Yea we know that Peyton has all the numbers . But in the biggest games against the best teams , Eli shows up big time . IMO he has won 3 games that Peyton would have never won. The 2 Playoff games in Lambeau , And the Superbowl against the Patriots . Peyton in big games has been known to come up small .

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    give me eli in a big game, peyton is similar to lebron in the clutch
  • woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Mrslim1 wrote: »
    Yea we know that Peyton has all the numbers . But in the biggest games against the best teams , Eli shows up big time . IMO he has won 3 games that Peyton would have never won. The 2 Playoff games in Lambeau , And the Superbowl against the Patriots . Peyton in big games has been known to come up small .

The Giants D held an undefeated Tom Brady team with the best offense in NFL history to 14 points

The Giants D held another team that coulda easily been 16-0, with 1 of the best offensive years a QB ever had in NFL history (sound eerie?), to 20 points, coulda easily been 6.. Packs caught a lot of breaks.

Do you want to discuss this further or do you want to ask a mod to delete this thread?
  • Mvpbrodie93
    Mvpbrodie93 Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    In the clutch?

Absolutely. He's one of many QB's I'd take over Manning
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited January 2012
    woah316 wrote: »
    The Giants D held an undefeated Tom Brady team with the best offense in NFL history to 14 points

The Giants D held another team that coulda easily been 16-0, with 1 of the best offensive years a QB ever had in NFL history (sound eerie?), to 20 points, coulda easily been 6.. Packs caught a lot of breaks.

Do you want to discuss this further or do you want to ask a mod to delete this thread?

The same giants d that gave up the lead with 2 mins left in the SB? where Eli had to drive his team down the field Joe Montana style for the win?

Be honest Peyton wouldve choked in that situation.(Rewatches Saints SB)
  • woah316
    edited January 2012
    The same giants d that gave up the lead with 2 mins left in the SB? where Eli had to drive his team down the field Joe Montana style for the win?

Be honest Peyton wouldve choked in that situation.(Rewatches Saints SB)

? they held the pats to 14 points, PERIOD. Brady just passed for 5 TDs in a half yesterday, with a worse offense than he had that year. And they held him to 14 points for the WHOLE GAME?

I suppose you going to ignore that.
  • Mrslim1
    edited January 2012

Well we know that D had a big part to do with it . But lets get real nobody really gives a ? about the D . This is a QB league. And also in those games Eli showed up big . Also another reason I like Eli better is because he aint no ? . When they won the bowl , Tiki Barber was talking ? at the beginning of the season , Eli basically said ? you and lead them to a title . This year he jumped out there and said I am a Elite QB . Alot of people laughed at Eli . But he went out to perform like a Elite QB .
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    eli is more calm and strong willed than peyton and it shows .........
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited January 2012
    And they gave up the LEAD...

And who drove his team down the field in the SB?

Eli.(Eli was great the whole game, but closed it out in Epic style)

I can't see Peyton doing the same
  • woah316
    edited January 2012
    Well we know that D had a big part to do with it . But lets get real nobody really gives a ? about the D . This is a QB league. And also in those games Eli showed up big . Also another reason I like Eli better is because he aint no ? . When they won the bowl , Tiki Barber was talking ? at the beginning of the season , Eli basically said ? you and lead them to a title . This year he jumped out there and said I am a Elite QB . Alot of people laughed at Eli . But he went out to perform like a Elite QB .

I can look at Eli for 5 plays and tell you he's an Elite QB. Anyone who says he's not doesn't know football.

Peyton. is more valuable to his team, period.

OH and for the guy who said Peyton is a choker, the year the dude won the Superbowl he came back from 18 down to beat the rival pats. If that aint clutch I don't know what is.
  • woah316
    edited January 2012

So basically you saying a defense sucks if it gives up a lead? You're ? bro. You look at the game as a whole, not 1 quarter or part of a quarter.
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited January 2012
    All I gotta say is.. Down 4 with 2 mins left to go in a big game, who do you want Peyton or Eli?

Honestly
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited January 2012
    So basically you saying a defense sucks if it gives up a lead? You're ? bro. You look at the game as a whole, not 1 quarter or part of a quarter.

Where did I say they sucked?

Did they give up the lead with the season on the line?

Yes, who saved them with an ALL TIME great clutch drive?

Eli
  • Mrslim1
    edited January 2012

In a similar situation against the Saints, Peyton threw a pick 6 that lost the bowl
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    ipad-slap.gif

why yall entertaining this thread ?
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Camron.gif

? cannot be serious right now
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited January 2012
    In a similar situation against the Saints, Peyton threw a pick 6 that lost the bowl

He choked.

Eli
    Brady
    Big Ben
    Joe montana
    Peyton
    For example have all had a chance to either WIN or LOSE the Superbowl in the 4th quarter.

Peyton throws the interception to lose it
  • Mvpbrodie93
    edited January 2012
    And for the record, of course Peyton is better.

Eli is more clutch by FAR tho
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Elite Manning>>>>>Peyton Manning
  • Mrslim1
    edited January 2012

And that my main point . In the Biggest games Eli doesnt fold like Peyton . And isnt that what its all about playing your best in the biggest games . Eli is more reliable . Even tho he is goofy as hell
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    And that my main point . In the Biggest games Eli doesnt fold like Peyton . And isnt that what its all about playing your best in the biggest games . Eli is more reliable . Even tho he is goofy as hell

both are Clutch. Eli is a lil clutcher. Eli has nutted up in the playoffs vs the Eagles 2 years ago
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Seriously, this may be top 2 dumbest threads ive encountered since signing up
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    peyton has been considered an elite QB
    nobody even thought about calling eli elite until this season. ? laughed at him when he considered himself elite in the beginning of the season and still doubted him even when he was having his best statistical season

but now he's better than peyton?
    gtfoh
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited January 2012

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

but ill still take peyton over eli
  • FlyFreeCt
    FlyFreeCt Members Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Wait wait wait....Why everybody standin up for Eli all the sudden?????? Keep doubting like all you ? been doin all along..I'm the only person that been ridin' for my ? since draft day and never underestimated him....Now all the sudden ? wanna crown him...But anyway, Eli's is my fav qb of all time but he's not on the same level as Peyton, but like whats been said Eli in the clutch>>>>>>Peyton in the clutch....Eli is that ? and always has been...Late ass ? ..I had him at 7th best QB in the league coming into this season because im objective...now he's at 5...
  • Mrslim1
    edited January 2012
    peyton has been considered an elite QB
    nobody even thought about calling eli elite until this season. ? laughed at him when he considered himself elite in the beginning of the season and still doubted him even when he was having his best statistical season

but now he's better than peyton?
    gtfoh

The thread title has a question mark . But I raised the question because at this point its debatable on who would you want in big games . The 2007 Patriots and the 2011 Packers if they had won a title would have been looked at as some of the best teams in the history of the NFL . Eli ( and the D of course ) ended all that ? . Peyton just comes up short at times in Big spots