San Francisco Really Stood By Alex Smith...

Idiopathic Joker
Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
edited January 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Lets be honest, in his long atrocious career, this season was the first time he was winning, and it sure as hell was a long road getting there. It amazed me every year when he was the quarterback, never knew why he was there. And now, I guess it was worth it. Do anyone else see other NFL teams taking notice and sticking with a quarterback for as long as San Francisco has?

Comments

• nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    a few posters are going to come in here and blame it on homie being white
    they do not know football
    but they'll come in and say that bogus ?
  • Mumo 13X
    Mumo 13X Members Posts: 123
    edited January 2012
    Ofcourse they stood by A. Smith. Last time i checked he a crackkka & a republican
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    You mean, you aint slick by....

-Reading 'homies' enter the thread as you merely read their names at the bottom/viewing thread,
    -then you post that they are going to tell the truth about why Alex Smith has more lives than Morris the cat
    -then pretend you were onto something
    -until I came along and expose you

No surprise, since He's White.

this country always extends White Privileged-patience, to it's own Kind...

Show me a Black qb, who sucked bad as Smith and was still given the chance to Lead---- over and over again, then....you might be onto something
    nah whiteboy no one scans the bottom of threads to see who is viewing lol
    thats some ? ?
    wait? you do that? lol makes sense, u do stalk alot of my posts lol
    you a funny ass whiteboy lol
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    he was actually damn close to being cut off but harbaugh saved his ass........
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    yeah, nothing says standing by your quarterback like a one year deal
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    To be real most teams should give young qbs the same opportunity Alex got which is to take ur lumps and play thru it. Black qbs are afforded this luxuary tho.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    alex smith=trent dilfer???
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    matt- wrote: »
    yeah, nothing says standing by your quarterback like a one year deal

so, he hasn't been the qb since 2005?
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    So we just gonna act like homie ain't had to learn 7 systems in 7 years, doe? True. I'm sure it's irrelevant.

Exactly. The same excuses that people use for other QB's apply to Alex Smith too.

Smith lucked out and got a chance to prove everyone wrong. Good for him.

With this rookie wage scale though, I wonder how long a team is gonna give a QB to producing if they aren't even gonna be paying their 1st round that pick that much. I don't see teams really standing by a lousey player and I think it may stunt a lot of potential good QBs from becoming good QBs. I think the NFL hasn't really had a good system in place for developing QBs every really though.

I mean wtf you never know who is gonna be good, and you don't know who is a stud riding the pine n/h. Remember the hype Charlie Whitehurst got when he first went to the Seahawks and then he got supplanted by ? Tavaris Jackson? Who the ? is Kevin Kolb again? Is Matt Flynn gonna be worth ? ?
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Vick had the better season. But did them crackas let him into the playoffs? Nope.

Racism strikes again.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Smith played good this year and the team stood by him.
    I thought he would be replaced once they drafted Kaepernick.

But its funny hearing people mention how he had 7 different offensive coordinators, which will hinder someone's development, yet many weren't buying this argument when Kordell Stewart spoke out about how it affected him (with the Steelers) and others.

Interesting.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    cobbland wrote: »
    Smith played good this year and the team stood by him.
    I thought he would be replaced once they drafted Kaepernick.

But its funny hearing people mention how he had 7 different offensive coordinators, which will hinder someone's development, yet many weren't buying this argument when Kordell Stewart spoke out about how it affected him (with the Steelers) and others.

Interesting.
    That's cause Kordell Stewart aint ? .