Hakeem "Abul" Olajuwon is the 2nd Greatest Player in NBA History.......

Mumo 13X
Mumo 13X Members Posts: 123
edited January 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Yeah i said it. And i got facts to back up my claim.

if you disagree wit me, list any player (s) that u think wuz better than the DREAM and the reason y.

Hakeem dint hav any flaws in his game. And id go as far as sayin he might be the most talented/skilled Bball player to ever playd the game.

Has there ever been a player who wuz as DOMINANT on both the offensive and defensive ends of the floor like Hakeem?

If Hakeem wuz born in USA or played for either Lakers or Celtics or Bulls would he stil be underappreciated/underrated/ignored by the media/fans/Analysts etc

has there any player in NBA History that has ever playd shaq effectively as the Dream? Why are we forgettin that Hakeem has never been outplayed by any big. Better yet he HUMILIATED D-Rob, Ewing(held him to 36% FG),Mourning,Mutombo,Parish. How bout when he outplayd the Great Kareem Jabbar?

Hakeem won 2 rings wit a ? team. They wuz all BUMs -- The 1st ring, Rockets 2nd best player wuz averagn 13ppg on 37% shootin. Much respect to Drexler but the year he won a ring he wuznt no All-Star.

Hakeem, being the Great man he is, he's stil passin the Knowledge of the game to future HOFers --- Kobe, Bron & D12

If Hakeem dominated Shaq & Kareem, how come these two get more respect & love than him? Bird and Magic won more cuz they wuz on 2 of the Greatest teams ever witnessed in Bball but neither wuz as Dominant as Hakeem on both ends of the floor. MJ Is the GOAT but he wuz scared to face Hakeem Allah. How could Kobe be better than the Dream when he goes to seek knowledge from the Master? Even the Big Fundamental took advice from Hakeem.

Comments

• PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    No argument here.

Imagine if he had Magic or Kobe in the prime of his career like Kareem and Shaq. Drexler was still a good player for a couple of years in Houston, but he was way past his prime. Barkley was a has been in Houston too.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    i agree with the premise of this thread.

However, Hakeem had a solid supporting cast both years he won a championship. Calling players like Otis Thorpe, Kenny Smith, Vernon Maxwell, Robert Horry, Sam Cassell, straight BUMS is ignorant. i was living in Houston at the time and lived through both championships and i can tell right now you ain't watch a single one of them games so why you even speak on it like you know? you can watch youtube and read stats all day but at the end of the day you're still bullshittin about what you think you know.

Besides, you failed to mention anything about the Twin Towers days when Hakeem won the Western Conference with Ralph Sampson. that's strike 2 that shows me you ain't about ? but stanning any player just because they from Africa, as usual.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    reaperbong wrote: »

However, Hakeem had a solid supporting cast both years he won a championship. Calling players like Otis Thorpe, Kenny Smith, Vernon Maxwell, Robert Horry, Sam Cassell, straight BUMS is ignorant. i was living in Houston at the time and lived through both championships and i can tell right now you ain't watch a single one of them games so why you even speak on it like you know? you can watch youtube and read stats all day but at the end of the day you're still bullshittin about what you think you know.

Besides, you failed to mention anything about the Twin Towers days when Hakeem won the Western Conference with Ralph Sampson. that's strike 2 that shows me you ain't about ? but stanning any player just because they from Africa, as usual.

thread should have exploded and closed due to this post
  • Mumo 13X
    edited January 2012
    No argument here.

Imagine if he had Magic or Kobe in the prime of his career like Kareem and Shaq. Drexler was still a good player for a couple of years in Houston, but he was way past his prime. Barkley was a has been in Houston too.

Or better yet, take out Parish and put in Hakeem in that Celtic team. It woulda been a wrap. Hakeem's combination of speed,size and athleticsm plus footwork wil never be witnessed in the game. His low post moves wuz a joy to watch.

Cmon white boy, is KD,Duncan or MJ from Africa? I recognize greatness when i see it. So i dint mention Ralph Sampson? Oh yeah, i dint mention that Hakeem is no. 9 in steals. So what u sayin? I remember my cuz gave me tapes of that Lakers-Houston series and i watchd all dem games. Do you know Maxwell averaged 13.7ppg on 37% shootin? Thats the 2nd best performance on that houston team. All them 4 players are nuthn special. They jus on the same level as fox,fisher,bowen etc.
  • Mumo 13X
    edited January 2012
    props to Hakeem, but no...
    Jordan, Magic, Kareem, Wilt, Russel, Bird >>>

I giv u MJ but how is Magic,Kareem,Wilt,Russel,Bird better than Hakeem
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Russell better than The Dream?.....I need to know why
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    The second best player of all time wouldn't allow his team to get swept in round 2 while trying to 3peat

Wait, what?
  • CockMcStuffins
    edited January 2012
    Hakeem is top 5 tho
  • Mumo 13X
    edited January 2012

im wit u on that. If Hakeem Outplayd Shaq, dominated Hakeem, humiliated D-Rob and totally outclassed and clownd parish,Ewing and Mutombo what makes them think he wouldnt do the same to Russell and Wilt who playd in a weak era?
    The second best player of all time wouldn't allow his team to get swept in round 2 while trying to 3peat

Wait, what?

Sir, do you know how many years Hakeem stayd on that houston ? team. He won 2 championshps wit 4 Derek Fishers.
  • Mumo 13X
    edited January 2012
    Hakeem is top 5 tho

which 4 players would u put above Hakeem? And state clearly why they are better than him
  • CockMcStuffins
    edited January 2012
    Mumo 13X wrote: »
    im wit u on that. If Hakeem Outplayd Shaq, dominated Hakeem, humiliated D-Rob and totally outclassed and clownd parish,Ewing and Mutombo what makes them think he wouldnt do the same to Russell and Wilt who playd in a weak era?

Sir, do you know how many years Hakeem stayd on that houston ? team. He won 2 championshps wit 4 Derek Fishers.

Yes I know l, I live in Houston and watched basically all rockets games since 1990

Hakeem had help bro. They ran through some great teams....suns with chuck and kj., spurs with admiral, jazz with Malone and Stockton, Knicks, and magic with Shaw and penny

He was by far the best player, but he had help.
  • CockMcStuffins
    edited January 2012
    which 4 players would u put above Hakeem? And state clearly why they are better than him

More skilled or had better careers?
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Cmon white boy, is KD,Duncan or MJ from Africa? I recognize greatness when i see it. So i dint mention Ralph Sampson? Oh yeah, i dint mention that Hakeem is no. 9 in steals. So what u sayin? I remember my cuz gave me tapes of that Lakers-Houston series and i watchd all dem games. Do you know Maxwell averaged 13.7ppg on 37% shootin? Thats the 2nd best performance on that houston team. All them 4 players are nuthn special. They jus on the same level as fox,fisher,bowen etc.

ok first off, if you truly want to recognize greatness than spell the man's name right:

it's Hakeem Abdul Olajuwon and no need for quotations.

second off, you cite 1 stat line and call it justification as to why you can say the whole team was bums. i can go through and pull stats for any 1 of these players that will clearly show they weren't bums. if you want one, Otis Thorpe had a better FG% for the 93-94 regular season and play-offs than Hakeem. according to you Otis Thorpe was a ? though.

also don't sleep on Rudy T he was a great coach that elevated that whole team.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012

I was alittle confused by that as well
  • Mumo 13X
    edited January 2012
    ok first off, if you truly want to recognize greatness than spell the man's name right:

it's Hakeem Abdul Olajuwon and no need for quotations.

second off, you cite 1 stat line and call it justification as to why you can say the whole team was bums. i can go through and pull stats for any 1 of these players that will clearly show they weren't bums. if you want one, Otis Thorpe had a better FG% for the 93-94 regular season and play-offs than Hakeem. according to you Otis Thorpe was a ? though.

also don't sleep on Rudy T he was a great coach that elevated that whole team.

why u tryin hard son! Abdul is a muslim name and its pretty common in africa. So dont try and play smart by tryna discredit me. Lets stick to basketball. Fact is Hakeem Allah dint play in great teams like MJ,Magic,Bird,Bill,Wilt,Kareem,Kobe,Shaq. I could care less for those bums. Scott Brooks,vernon etc aint HOF Talent
    More skilled or had better careers?

both
    Yes I know l, I live in Houston and watched basically all rockets games since 1990

Hakeem had help bro. They ran through some great teams....suns with chuck and kj., spurs with admiral, jazz with Malone and Stockton, Knicks, and magic with Shaw and penny

He was by far the best player, but he had help.

I hear u. Jus a quick question, did he win with HOF talent In they PRIME like Kobe,MJ,Shaq,Bill,Wilt,Magic,Kareem,Big O? Remember when Clyde joined Rockets he wuz past his prime. Imagine if Hakeem had a payton,KJ or even stockton. He woulda won atleast 4 titles
  • woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    As far as just overall skills / intangibles, I might put Kobe slightly above Hakeem as far as a 2way player...

Kobe's will / determination / killer instinct is 2nd to only Jordan. He has 5 titles and 7 finals appearences.. Won multiple titles with 2 completely different teams...

Yea, I'm sorry Kobe above Hakeem.
  • CockMcStuffins
    edited January 2012
    why u tryin hard son! Abdul is a muslim name and its pretty common in africa. So dont try and play smart by tryna discredit me. Lets stick to basketball. Fact is Hakeem Allah dint play in great teams like MJ,Magic,Bird,Bill,Wilt,Kareem,Kobe,Shaq. I could care less for those bums. Scott Brooks,vernon etc aint HOF Talent

both

I hear u. Jus a quick question, did he win with HOF talent In they PRIME like Kobe,MJ,Shaq,Bill,Wilt,Magic,Kareem,Big O? Remember when Clyde joined Rockets he wuz past his prime. Imagine if Hakeem had a payton,KJ or even stockton. He woulda won atleast 4 titles

Easily top 3 most skilled of all time. For his size(he was around 6'10, not 7ft as listed) he was very mobile, quick like a 2 guard.

But a alot of players including centers,had better careers
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    hakeem the closest to winnin a championship by himself
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    If you putting Jordan and Kareem is 1a and b then yeah.....maybe.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Hakeem is the Best center in NBA history
  • Mumo 13X
    edited January 2012
    Easily top 3 most skilled of all time. For his size(he was around 6'10, not 7ft as listed) he was very mobile, quick like a 2 guard.

But a alot of players including centers,had better careers

havin a better career depends on alotta factors. Who knows how many rings houston woulda won if sampson hadnt become injury prone. But Houston front office is to blame. If Hakeem woulda been on that 80s piston team or had T. Hardaway,Payton or KJ we woulda been talkn a different story.
    woah316 wrote: »
    As far as just overall skills / intangibles, I might put Kobe slightly above Hakeem as far as a 2way player...

Kobe's will / determination / killer instinct is 2nd to only Jordan. He has 5 titles and 7 finals appearences.. Won multiple titles with 2 completely different teams...

Yea, I'm sorry Kobe above Hakeem.

Kid, please stop wit dat kobe talk. How many times has Kobe in his prime been torchd by Arenas,McGrady and Iverson? Kobe has played in way better teams than Hakeem. Do you realise Hakeem's game wuz flawless. A whole damn Center who is no. 9 in steals, leader in blocks, never seen footwork, countless moves in the post, then remember Hakeem wuz CLUTCH. His post season numbers are better than regular season. Do you realise that Hakeem never played wit no top 10 player in da league @ da time he won those rings but Kobe has had 2 top 10 players in the league. Kobe playoff FG% be 41.5 and u dare compare him to hakeem? No player ever dominated Hakeem. From Kareem,Shaq,Ewing,Drob,Mourning,Mutombo,Rodman,Ewing.
    hakeem the closest to winnin a championship by himself

preach to thz kids bruh. They dont know Hakeem allah carried washd up all stars and BUMS to 2 chips.
  • Mumo 13X
    edited January 2012
    If you putting Jordan and Kareem is 1a and b then yeah.....maybe.

MJ is da GOAT but how exactly can Kareem be better than Hakeem? Hakeem gave Kareem a hard time when they playd against each other in the WCF. Plus Kareem has had Big O, Magic, Worthy as his teammates while Hakeem had to work wit Bums and washd up all stars
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Arguable. He's arguably the best big man of all-time.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    He was not as skilled or versatile as Hakeem...
    but he was truly dominant for an entire era... he defined what a defensive center is... rings, impact on the game >>>

But he dominated in a weaker era, where his only competition was Wilt Chamberlain.

Hakeem have the stats in a stronger era, both offense & especially defense. Even Shaq will probably vouch that Hakeem was the hardest player to guard. No center in the 90s was touching Olajuwon in his prime
  • CockMcStuffins
    edited January 2012
    ? drexler averaged 21,7,4.5 with Houston in 95 and 20,7,5 in the playoffs....how is that washed up?

Like I said, he had help