Why don't some rappers try to Improve their flaws???

KingJamal
KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in The Reason
Some rappers need to realize that they need to step up their game in certain categories. Whether its' improving ur Flow, Lyrics, Delivery, Songwriting ability, Work on ur Social Skills which will help ur personality. They need to treat their craft like they are a boxer. U wanna try to reach the top then try to improve on ur craft!

I guess its ego and thinking they don't need to get any better

Comments

• KingJamal
    edited January 2012
    As much grief as I give Wayne I did appreciate that he made a big improvement from 500 Degreez to the Carter 1
  • visionthepoet
    visionthepoet Members Posts: 52
    edited January 2012
    to improve your flaws, first you have to admit that you actually have flaws. A lot of these emcees today don't take criticism well. They pass of any criticism as "hating" therefore it's not legitimate. Also, you're assuming people actually want to improve their craft. Most aren't in it for the art, they're in it for the money. And if they can get paid without having to actually work at being great they'll do it.
  • KingJamal
    edited January 2012
    Rick Ross is another guy who improved his skills
  • Authentic100
    Authentic100 Members Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    to improve your flaws, first you have to admit that you actually have flaws. A lot of these emcees today don't take criticism well. They pass of any criticism as "hating" therefore it's not legitimate. Also, you're assuming people actually want to improve their craft. Most aren't in it for the art, they're in it for the money. And if they can get paid without having to actually work at being great they'll do it.

This is true, but rappers that do not try to improve their skills will not last long anyway.
  • dreadlock rasta
    dreadlock rasta Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Too many Yes Men in the camp
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    KingJamal wrote: »
    As much grief as I give Wayne I did appreciate that he made a big improvement from 500 Degreez to the Carter 1

ghost writer.
  • KingJamal
    edited January 2012
    ghost writer.

A ghost writer had nothing to do with him improving his flow and delivery Buttons stan
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Too many Yes Men in the camp

I was gonna say this as well....
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    KingJamal wrote: »
    A ghost writer had nothing to do with him improving his flow and delivery Buttons stan

buttons? im wearing a hoodie.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Because improvements to you rap flow is not linked to more sucess, money and fame in many situations. In the NFL you get bonuses and rewards for improving but some people improve their flow and flaws and sell less because it doesn't appeal to a crowd.

Plus everyone kisses each others ass back in the day people would be more competitive but now less and ? is more. On espn they break down athletes 24/7 pointing out every flaw....hip hop stations/channels just talk up rappers and never are really critical of wack rappers. Its the culture of something that determines how competitive it is.
  • KingJamal
    edited January 2012
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Because improvements to you rap flow is not linked to more sucess, money and fame in many situations. In the NFL you get bonuses and rewards for improving but some people improve their flow and flaws and sell less because it doesn't appeal to a crowd.

U got an example of that?
  • Elephants
    Elephants Members Posts: 26
    edited January 2012
    I think it comes from a lack of "passion" for hip-hop as a culture. For example, someone like K.Lamar is looking at his career as a way to contribute to hiphop in the best way he can. Where as (insert rapper) views hiphop as a "hustle". A way to make money.

This type of rapper (the majority of mainstream today) look at hiphop & think "how can I benefit? how can it serve me?" where the first rapper looks at hiphop and thinks "how can i serve this culture?"