Hakeem "Abul" Olajuwon is the 2nd Greatest Player in NBA History.......

Comments

• woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    dabull. wrote: »
    the guy who said Bron is more talented than Hakeem is DUMB
    i always said Hakeem>>>>>SHAQ
    shaw always had a top 3 player when he won

Right now Lebron is top 10 in 4 of 6 catories in the NBA

2 in points
    10 in assists
    5th or something in FG%
    and top 10 in steals..

This coming from the biggest lebron hater on earth. Define talent, idiot. If thats not "talent", what is?

He's the 3rd highest scorer in NBA history on average. He rebounds and passes among the best in history for his position.

He's fast, strong. Can guard point guards and power forwards.

He's EASILY more "talented" than Hakeem. He'd be a better player than Jordan hands down if he had his will.

1 of you idiots come in here and define talent, and then say lebron is not more talented than hakeem and you'll be contradicting yourself.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    kareem, mj, Kobe, magic, oscar, tim duncan and Wilt is who i would put above Hakeem. 7 on the goat list aint bad
  • woah316
    edited January 2012
    Lebron Vs Hakeem:

Hakeem is a better blocker and a better rebounder

Lebron is a better scorer, better passer, better FT shooter, better 3point shooter, Faster, Stronger

Steals a Wash, FG% a Wash

Lebron is easily a more talented player than hakeem, that's a fact.
  • woah316
    edited January 2012
    hakeem was 6'9 with the best post moves EVER
    Lebron is the same size and still has NO post game
    talent in my mind includes the shoulders on up........aka ur mind and smarts
    lebron doesn't know how to use his physical gifts.....ol karl malone body trying to be oscar robertson type of ? .

I dont give a ? about size... He's 6'9, thats what made him quicker than everybody else... You cant try to list his size and use it as "oh he played at a disadvantage", when it gave him an advantage in other instances.. thats a double standard.

Smarts doesn't = Talent.

Anyway I'm done. Ask 9 out of 10 nba historians they will say Lebron is more talented than hakeem. Most talented player ever, just has no heart.
  • DaBull
    edited January 2012
    will to win>>>>>>>>>>>stats. take them numbers over to john hollinger corny azz
  • DaBull
    edited January 2012
    i swore thread was about Hakeem and his anti-naked fingers.......LBJ not in the convo wit this champ.
    LBJ in that barkley, ewing, dominique convo bruh........
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    bron and hakeem got 2 totally different skillsets

but talent (natural abilities) lebron>>>>>

faster, stronger, jumps higher, better court vision
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol i guess you don't watch basketball lol
    cuz everything i said was true story
  • Mumo 13X
    Mumo 13X Members Posts: 123
    edited January 2012
    Can anyone pliz point out a FLAW in Hakeem's game?
    kareem, mj, Kobe, magic, oscar, tim duncan and Wilt is who i would put above Hakeem. 7 on the goat list aint bad

No way Big O,Kobe,Magic,Wilt are better than the Dream
    Kareem has more all defensive teams and he was in his 17th year while hakeem was in his 2nd in 86.....

i hear you, but Hakeem is the GOAT Defender.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    If you putting Jordan and Kareem is 1a and b then yeah.....maybe.

The funny thing is, while Kareem and Shaq had the best perimeter players in the league on their squad, Hakeem had a team filled with role players. The only equivalent would be for him to play with MJ.
  • woah316
    edited January 2012
    b*braze wrote: »
    bron and hakeem got 2 totally different skillsets

but talent (natural abilities) lebron>>>>>

faster, stronger, jumps higher, better court vision

Thank you for restoring sanity.

These ? get confused about talent vs being a great player and ? .

All I told dude was, you cant say hakeem is second to Jordan and have him ahead of say, both kobe and lebron. Kobe is a better player / champion and Lebron is more talented, whichever way you want to judge hakeem, he's not better than BOTH of those guys in those 2 seperate ways.
  • woah316
    edited January 2012
    The funny thing is, while Kareem and Shaq had the best perimeter players in the league on their squad, Hakeem had a team filled with role players. The only equivalent would be for him to play with MJ.

*remembers when detroit took out a team with 4 hall of famers (yea 2 were washed up)*

Everybody knows a cohesive team will trump talent anyday. The bulls could've easily taken out Miami last year, with 3 superstars vs 1, if they had just ONE other decent ROLE PLAYER (didn't have to be a superstar) that could score a damn basket on his own.

So lets not boost hakeem up to much just because of that. Everything is relative and you have to put everything in perspective.
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Wow 1st I see eli>peyton which is nuts now I see this.......much respect 2 hakeem but one of the greatest centers of alltime but 2nd greatest player in NBA ova Kobe smh and Kareem is crazy kareem was killing almost 2 decades are u serious with this argument
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Jdilla26 wrote: »
    Wow 1st I see eli>peyton which is nuts now I see this.......much respect 2 hakeem but one of the greatest centers of alltime but 2nd greatest player in NBA ova Kobe smh and Kareem is crazy kareem was killing almost 2 decades are u serious with this argument

You're saying comparing Hakeem to Kobe/Kareem is like comparing Eli to Peyton?
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012

I'd say the guy that played in his conference....Mitch Richmond.
  • Jdilla26
    edited January 2012
    You're saying comparing Hakeem to Kobe/Kareem is like comparing Eli to Peyton?

Yes especially when u compare hakeem to kareem I know kareem was b4 alot of our time but kareem was winning xhampionships when hakeem was shittin in his diapers. Kareem was a phenom in his time. This is no disrespect to hakeem but he is like a lil brother to kareem aka lew alcindor.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Kareem = Joe Montana

Hakeem = Brett Favre

Favre's still great, but Super Joe is the GOAT QB.
  • DaBull
    edited January 2012
    Kareem = Joe Montana

Hakeem = Brett Favre

Favre's still great, but Super Joe is the GOAT QB.

cosign, Kareem is >>>MJ in my book. he dominated for 20 years, he avg. 19 and 11 at 42 years old...........to put that in perspective, Shaq at 39 averaged like 7 and 5
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Only on the IC will kids compare a guy who lost in the finals twice to a proven legend...smfh
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    I have to co sign. Hakeem was the man, 2nd to only Jordan.
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    this ? is ridiculous. He's the most SKILLED player in NBA history. He's not the greatest. There is a difference
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Only on the IC will kids compare a guy who lost in the finals twice to a proven legend...smfh

NBA finals losses
    Kareem - 4(6 wins)
    Magic - 4(5 wins)
    Bird - 2(3 wins)
    Shaq- 2(4 wins)
    Kobe - 2(5 wins)

Hakeem -1(2 wins)

Finals losses don't mean ? bruh....look how many all these greats have but aren't they all compared to each other?

And anybody would take their finals record over hakeem's any day of the week
  • Jdilla26
    edited January 2012
    And Kareem was winning almost all of those championships as Magic's sidekick. Kareem was past his prime when the Lakers were winning titles, but he had the benefit of playing with multiple hall of famers and all stars, as opposed to Hakeem who spent most of his prime surrounded by role players.

Hakeem was much better when the Rockets were winning championships than Kareem was when the Showtime Lakers were winning theirs.

This comparison makes no sense.

What are u talking bout magic sidekick are u serious dude do ya history kareem wasnt nobody sidekick instead of looking up kareem lookup lew alcindor do ya history dude kareem was winning championships in the late 60s with the Milwaukee Bucks....... So ur comparison to hakeem to kareem makes no senzse
  • Mumo 13X
    Mumo 13X Members Posts: 123
    edited January 2012
    Jdilla26 wrote: »
    What are u talking bout magic sidekick are u serious dude do ya history kareem wasnt nobody sidekick instead of looking up kareem lookup lew alcindor do ya history dude kareem was winning championships in the late 60s with the Milwaukee Bucks....... So ur comparison to hakeem to kareem makes no senzse

its time u admit that Kareem playd wit HOFers. We talkn Big O, magic, worthy etc while Hakeem wuz carryin Role players to championships(xcept Clyde).
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    A prime Hakeem from 95-96 was the second most unstoppable player of all time, but his prime was short, and he isnt the second greatest of all time. Sorry.
    /thread