Video:ESPN's Outside the Lines on UFC Fighter Pay...

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in From the Cheap Seats

Comments

• bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    summary????

Entry level ufc fighters don't get paid ? and need to unionize but are afraid to do so or get blackballed by Dana white and fertitta

Also there's a discrepancy in revenue sharing and exactly how much revenue the ufc brings in and how much they give to the fighters
  • woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Entry level ufc fighters don't get paid ? and need to unionize but are afraid to do so or get blackballed by Dana white and fertitta

Also there's a discrepancy in revenue sharing and exactly how much revenue the ufc brings in and how much they give to the fighters

Ehh, ? that. I'm not really one to be big on "Monopoly" talk... THis ? is business...

If them ? dont want to work for the UFC, McDonalds is always hiring...

Who says they HAVE to have the right to make a certain amount of money?

Fedor built up his reputation by kicking peoples ass and he demands huge sums of money and never worked for the UFC 1 day in his life. The UFC came to HIM, begging him to sign there, and he didn't.

That ONE example is enough to tell me the UFC does not control everything, if the biggest star in the world at 1 point was not even in their organization. Can you imagine Michael Jordan being as big as he was but playing in Europe and not the NBA? I think not.

In the UFC, you get in, you kick ass, you have a personality, you gain fans, then you can demand more money...

I'm sure Jon Jones was making 6000 a fight at 1 point.. Then he diciplined himself to woop ass, and now has to have cleared $5million already, EASY.

Damn, I wish I could find a job where I could go from making $40,000 to $3million a year in less than 4 years.
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    My sentiments exactly