What's up everybody! Just a quick message. We will be relaunching AllHipHop.com with the goal of keeping the community front and center. I have worked with Jamal and select moderators, to make sure The Illl Community's needs are being addressed as we evolve. We are encouraging you to use the new platform.

We will NOT be closing the current community, but we will be porting user data over to the new system over time, so please get used to using the new community!

We will be working on it every single day until it's exactly what you want!

Please feel free to join now, test, as we are in beta:

https://www.allhiphop.com

Wu Tang Forever is the greatest hip hop album of all times and here's why.

tompetrez3tompetrez3 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in The Reason
This is the greatest album recorded. The concept of this album is beyond genius and eerie at the same time. Wu Tang Forever was an audio revelation in the year of the Born God. When I was younger RZA got me when he talked about how the Wu Tang Forever album was all the education I needed. I scoffed that shit off but now I see what he meant. 10 dope MC's including Cappadonna blessed us young children of hip hop at that time with an instruction manual for how our culture correlates to our actual physical lifes. Wu Tang Forever had excerises of think beyond your 2 brain hemisphere and trying to open up a higher dimension of thinking. and not critical thinking or psuedo intelluctual bullshit. im talking about brain energy and getting in touch with your knowledge of self. This is a double album full of dropped gems and instructions to keep our culture relevant but alot of us slept on this shit. Wu Tang message was not the wave in 97. 1997 was the year Puffy set biggie up to get killed so he can usher in the jiggy era. the shiny suit, playa, playa big willie fake mafioso era. These so called goats like Biggie, Jay Z, Nas were spitting nothing but negativity, fake crimestories and self hate with their albums. Thats why its so many fake niggas in the game now because all you needed to start a rap careers is a bullshit, unverified back story about you pumpin in the rain same clothes bullshit. Wu Tang Forever had none of that stupid ass shit on the album. Nothing but first rate education, Stellar lyricsim and mindblowing productions. Let me stress that lyricism part one more time. The Wu was tearing shit up on this album. You cannot point out one subpar, average or even "good" verse from anyone. Everybody brought their A game and wrecked this album to bits. From 93 up until Summer 97 when Wu Tang Forever dropped 5/9 members already had a classic album out. So you bringing 5 niggas that just made dope albums together as a collective with 4 more dope rappers. what the fuck do you expect to happen. wu tang killed this shit from back to front. Inspektah Deck, RZA and Ghost were the best rappers on the planet in 1997. No doubt. 97 Deck, 97 Ghost, 97 RZA>97 Big, 97 Jay Z, 97 Nas by a million miles. To be honest with you Deck outshined everybody on everytrack he was on. Deck was on some other shit. he dropped some incredible verses for this wu album. I always give him and Ghost joint MVP honors on this project because ghost was killing shit too. RZA was a fuckin prophet on this album. HE WARNED US HIP HOP WAS ABOUT TO DIE. ITS SCARY. and dont down play the other niggas because everybody delivered fire verses. thats why this album is the greatest because its just compressed with mind elevating hip hop music. You can feel the love, the unity and brotherhood from this album. These niggas all mesh well together on this album. No awkward songs.
giphy.gif

Replies

• stealthbomberstealthbomber Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    36 chambers>>>>>
  • Say WhatSay What Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Maybe you skipped Dogs**t.
    Aquemni on the other hand was hip hop perfection
  • dalyricalbanditdalyricalbandit Co-Owner Of AllhipHop.com, Super Moderator, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    Wu Tang Clan!!!
  • Wild SelfWild Self Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Tomp, RZA said that shit 15 years ago. Crazy how accurate he was back then. Puffy was really a cancer to Hip Hop.
  • Disciplined InSightDisciplined InSight The Clairvoyant One.... Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Deck's and Ghostface's verses on "Triumph" and "Impossible" still smashes majority of these half assed rhymes of today..and RZA was definitely a fucking clairvoyant...
    To be a real hood you need more than just a gun. You need ideas.

tumblr_m9zas2KcdZ1rnneano1_1280.gif
  • KeepinItHundredKeepinItHundred Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    impossible is the best song on there.

idk see how they were better by a million times though, especially when on a lot of the tracks they were just rapping to rap.
  • Idiopathic JokerIdiopathic Joker PISTOL GRIP PUMP IN MY LAP AT ALL TIMES Working On My LowriderPosts: 45,689 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    It Was Written, Death Certificate, Doggystyle, Its Dark and Hell Is Hot, All Eyez On Me, Me Against The World, Paid In Full, The Fix, Untouchable, The Diary, The Predator, Safe and Sound, Ready To Die, Life After Death, The Don Killuminati : 7 Day Theory, Illmatic, Midnight Maruaders, Tical, East 1999 Eternal, >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wu Tang Forever.

Still a great album
    Fuck you, I'm a mod
  • kirkangilkirkangil Posts: 354 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    I never liked that album maybe i need to go back and listen to it but i used to break up my weed on that shit back in 1997.
  • Wild SelfWild Self Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    And this album marked one of the last times I heard 5%er knowledge on a mainstream release.
  • Mr. AJMr. AJ Posts: 1,706 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    "lose money or lose sleep"
    daily_gifdump_123_05.giftumblr_me2cb1Jh511r74705o1_r1_500.gif[img][/img]ba1mo79oaeod.png
  • StewStew Rap Music Is My Religion HTTRPosts: 52,210 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    n.mcfly wrote: »
    i'm not reading all that but i will say it's the best double cd period i can play that joint str8 through to the last song

This.............
  • thewave19thewave19 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    They are, and I dont see how anybody can say they're not except for maybe bone thugs

Catalog too great from together to solo

edit: didnt read the whole entire thing properly
  • 5th Letter5th Letter Black Identified Extremist Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    one of the best double lp's ever.
    Fuck who's the baddest a persons status depends on salary
    That buck that bought that bottle could have struck the lotto
  • KingJamalKingJamal Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Not GOAT but Great Album nonetheless
    I wanna take you higher...
  • IbexIbex Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Wu-Tang Forever is barely a top 10 Wu CD let alone the best hip hop album all time.
    Image.jpg