Fantastic Four

TheIraq
TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Were both movies horrible or did I miss something?

Comments

• Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Pretty ? as far as i remember.
  • Charlie Spitfire
    Charlie Spitfire Members Posts: 100
    edited January 2012
    I've only seen the first, I'd say 5/10, okay watchable but stupid, pretty ? bad guys, so so acting, not much of a plot... Yeah not sure why I actually found it watchable when i think about it but I did, maybe I was just in a mood for a superhero-movie that day... Anyways nothing I would say you were missing out on...
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Both movies were ass...only good thing was Jessica Alba looked fine as ? in the first one, thats it. Doom was a joke, ? was boiled ass cheeks.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    they were enjoyable enough as comedies. unlike a lot of comic book movies that aren't funny or take themselves too seriously, both Fantastic Four movies can be hilarious at times. for this reason i like them both more than the X-Men and Spiderman movies
  • Charlie Spitfire
    Charlie Spitfire Members Posts: 100
    edited January 2012
    reaperbong wrote: »
    they were enjoyable enough as comedies. unlike a lot of comic book movies that aren't funny or take themselves too seriously, both Fantastic Four movies can be hilarious at times. for this reason i like them both more than the X-Men and Spiderman movies

Yeah only seen the first but you right there was alot of comedy in there, prolly why I didn't dislike it despite of the things I mentioned earlier...

Although I definitly prefer X-Men and Spiderman is my favorite franchise after Blade...
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Yea they ruined 2 opportunities to showcase 2 of Marvels greatest characters Doom and Silver Surfer
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    The 1st one was "OK" but Dr Doom was so cheesy, Doom is such a ? character in the comics, he was looking Power Rangers status in that. The 2nd one was terrible, I don't see how you have a character like Silver Surfer and you can't make a dope movie. It hurts cause Tim Story who is a Black Director did these and this was one of the 1st time in history that Hollywood gave a Black Director a shot at doing a major Comic Book Movie with huge budget. It made money but it didn't make enough for him to save his job. It's getting rebooted for a 2014 release. But I'd be lying if I said they were good, again 1st I give about a C, Part 2, D-.
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    They didn't do their homework on these heroes and villains. They just tried to make a movie without doing some research and possibly talking to fans.
  • get1cuz
    get1cuz Members Posts: 58
    edited January 2012
    just saw the 2nd one for the first time today
    I thought it was good really mostly because I don't like the fantastic four, so i didn't expect a good story and I've always seen the fantastic four as a more kid friendly/ light hearted super heroes so i thought the film was at best ...basic fun family entertainment, not as good as the spider man movies but still good.

leave all the real action to more serious films like batman begins or punisher
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    only good thing was Jessica Alba..

Hell homie said ? the ff im Captain America
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    get1cuz wrote: »
    just saw the 2nd one for the first time today
    I thought it was good really mostly because I don't like the fantastic four, so i didn't expect a good story and I've always seen the fantastic four as a more kid friendly/ light hearted super heroes so i thought the film was at best ...basic fun family entertainment

exactly how i feel
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    They're rebooting fantastic four
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    The second one was better than the first.

But that's not saying much.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    silver surfer was ok, the only thing worse than the storylines were dr.doom's character the only thing they were able to capture correctly was the comedy that the comic book has and as a few already stated alba was sexiii as hell of course.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    eyes low wrote: »
    They're rebooting fantastic four

Good to hear that. Never saw the silver surfer one because i wasnt a fan of the first.
  • American.Loo
    American.Loo Members Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    liked the silver surfer special effects

but yeah they suck.