• kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    ROFL.GUY wrote: »
    air force ones >>>>>>>>>>>

give meeeee 2 gurrlls

i neeeeed 2 gurrls

stompin in my airforce ones!

Nelly makes enjoyable music.. puts you in a good mood.. he is a legend.. the industry still respects him

lmao... it didnt say gurlls.. it said 2 purrr (pair said very country) .. .but air force ones did go hard...

even tho my opinion isnt valued yet in the reason... this arguement cant be made against drake just yet... he ont have the years behind him yet....
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    What are people revising? No one's pinpointing five years ago. Fact is nelly put it down better than drake,with no cosings or big features prior to his debut. Drake is a fraud and cornball.

The point is people are trying to act like Nelly is an ok rapper now and "fondly" recalling songs they were clowning just to further ? on Drake. I get it. Drake is wack sauce with all the singing, but dudes were on here writing novels on how much Nelly sucked a few years ago with ZERO positivity. Nelly did his Eminem-like numbers and got on with no major cosigns back then, so where was all this love?

That's the revisionist part: Nelly did this stuff--epic sales, dope music, etc--years ago, but the Reason acted like it didn't happen. Now that Drake is irritating, Nelly's accomplishments suddenly exist and all the hate is rewritten into half-ass love. Fact is, circa reset two or three, this forum lost perspective. People don't acknowledge the truth unless the truth helps hate on the next man.

I found out about Drake and J. Cole based on the hype they got IN THIS FORUM before they blew up. If I came on now never hearing of them, I'd think they were the wackest rappers on earth and would listen to them only if I didn't have to exert effort.
  • 'nino'jacob
    'nino'jacob Members Posts: 154
    edited January 2012
    lol @ these ? and their Zionist conspiracies.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    mrsoutcity wrote: »
    THIS...? acting like Drake wasn't forced down our throat...

You know by simply pressing the "off" button you can prevent an artist being "forced" on you? and I know alot of ya'll ? are in here pretending like ? wasn't clowning Nelly for the Suit album, an album where he sang 99% of it and called it an R&B album on his own?...but ? was bumping that heavy right? ? was riding around bumping "My Place"...? wasn't calling Dilemma soft? ? still don't make fun of Nelly for "I'm just kidding like Jason"...Nelly was seen as a great rapper during his run...
  • mike_tech
    mike_tech Members Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    What are people revising? No one's pinpointing five years ago. Fact is nelly put it down better than drake,with no cosings or big features prior to his debut. Drake is a fraud and cornball.

What is this thread really about? Who put it down the best in terms of who has made the bigger impact commercially, sold more albums, had the most chart topping singles, if thats the case then nelly wins. As for who is better on the mic Drake is better, better rapper, better writer. And what does cosigns or big features have to do with anything? you make it sound like no one heard of drake until he signed with wayne, and so he does tracks with big name artists means he cant hold his own or what??
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Country Grammar>>>>>Any Drake album

Luven Me>>>>Any Drake song
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Both these fukin ? is ? . You can come up from the underground and then start fukin singing and two steppin, every artist that does this fails. Ja rule, 50, nelly, plies ... You would think theyd see this but all they have around them is yes boys and a&r's that dont know ?
  • ROFL.GUY
    ROFL.GUY Members Posts: 3,117 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    nelly pen game >>>> drakes

ROFL @ anyone saying drake lyrical

prove that ? post some drake lyrical ?
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    The Calm>>>>>>>>>>>>Nelly's entire careerI'm surprised this thread even has cosigners because its blatantly obvious Nelly was the joke of hip hop for a while.
  • ROFL.GUY
    ROFL.GUY Members Posts: 3,117 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    The Calm>>>>>>>>>>>>Nelly's entire careerI'm surprised this thread even has cosigners because its blatantly obvious Nelly was the joke of hip hop for a while.

im suprised you havnt figured out that drakes the new joke of hip-hop

that song you posted is trash and a half
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    I dont know how b/c Nellyville sold more than all of Drake's albums combined