Max Payne 3 Release Window Moved

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in IllGaming
Delay to ensure "the highest quality".

Rockstar Games' forthcoming third-person shooter, Max Payne 3, will be pushed back to May from its original March release window. Strauss Zelnick - Chairman and CEO of Take-Two (the parent company of Rockstar Games) - said, "We do not take changes to our release schedule lightly, and this short delay will ensure that Max Payne 3 delivers the highest quality, groundbreaking entertainment experience that is expected from our Company.

"Max Payne 3 promises to be one of our most exciting releases to date, and we are confident that consumers will once again be amazed by Rockstar's ability to take interactive entertainment to another level."

The decision to delay Max Payne until May pushes it into the first quarter of Take-Two's fiscal year of 2013, says Business Wire. This means Take-Two is expected to make a net loss for the 2012 financial year.

But Zelnick took the opportunity to emphasise the strength of the publisher's 2013 line-up: "With Max Payne 3 now slated for May, our robust lineup of upcoming releases for fiscal 2013 is even stronger, including BioShock Infinite, Borderlands 2, Spec Ops: The Line, XCOM, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, and other titles yet to be announced for release that year."

There was, of course, no mention of that other little game Rockstar is working on: Grand Theft Auto V.

Comments

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Update: Rockstar Games will release Max Payne 3 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in North America on May 15, 2012, and on May 18 internationally. The PC version will come out on May 29 in North America and June 1 everywhere else.

Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games, said "Max Payne 3 brings powerful storytelling back to the action-shooter genre." And that "Rockstar Studios are delivering a game that's both incredibly cinematic and very, very intense to play."
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I'm shocked.....they need to do the HD Upgrade for Pt. 1 and 2......i never got a chance to play 2 but the writing in No.1 was GOAT
  • W!Z G
    W!Z G Members Posts: 170 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I'm shocked.....they need to do the HD Upgrade for Pt. 1 and 2......i never got a chance to play 2 but the writing in No.1 was GOAT

Honestly surprised this hasn't happened yet