Frank Ocean & Jay Electronica Hit London with G.O.O.D. Music For Album

Kame
Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in The Reason
G.O.O.D. Music is getting some company in London. Originally Pusha T, Big Sean and Hit-Boy flew out to the UK to record with Kanye West for the upcoming G.O.O.D. Music compilation album. Now they’ve been joined by Jay Electronica and Frank Ocean along fellow G.O.O.D. music artists Mr. Hudson and John Legend. Check out what Pusha T had to say about the experience below.

Learned in London: NOBU is always 500+ for dinner, @HitBoy_SC is the future, I'm a car hoe, Frank Ocean already won, and G.O.O.D can't lose!
Pusha T

In the studio with Frank Ocean, Big Sean, Pusha T, Manny Fresh :) Kanye West is on the way!!! I'm having fun today :) thx Che ;)
And @JayElectronica just arrived :) fun times in the studio - Kanye sessions Day 2 :)

MarshaAMbrosius

Comments

• Silverfoxxx
    Silverfoxxx Members Posts: 1,066
    edited January 2012
    Damn I'm happy but this shut makes me sad at the same time TBH. My dreams to make it in the music industry has me stressing and I can only imagine being in the studio with NO finest ... Fresh, Ocean, and Electronica ? Man thats crazy. I gotta build my connections with this music ? . Would be a honor to be a protege of Blaze,West,Soundtrakk,Dre,Fresh. Can only dream fam smh
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    its gonna take jay electronica weeks just to write 16 bars
  • Kame
    edited January 2012
    its gonna take jay electronica weeks just to write 16 bars

months b.........
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Just like i said a year ago, we are heading into a renaissance/golden era of rap.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Just like i said a year ago, we are heading into a renaissance/golden era of rap.

i cosign. 2009 was the beginning
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    smh at me glancing at thread title and thinking there was new music out from Jay Elec

this album should be good though
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Jay Elec gonna take all damn year with his verse....
  • pop duke
    pop duke Members Posts: 375
    edited January 2012
    Looks like Ye' is about to make another significant contribution to music. I been tellin ppl N da next 3-5 yrs Ye' will B da next Dr Dre but da way he's movin I'ma d#mn near have to switch it up to da next Q Jones
  • Kame
    edited January 2012
    still need to get com, cudi, cyhi in the studio too

wouldnt mind a couple glc and rhymefest verses too if they still with the crew

i think cons still out of the picture even though he made up with Ye
  • BobOblah
    edited January 2012

who's gonna drop classics to make this happen?
  • Kame
    edited January 2012
    man they need some malik yusef spoken word on here too ? it
  • BobOblah
    edited January 2012
    even though we ? about Jay Elec being slow, ima predict that he has the best verse on whatever song they put him on
  • Kame
    edited January 2012
    When did Cons and Ye reconcile...?

http://rapradar.com/2011/09/15/consequence-kanye-west-reconcile/

there's video but its mtv so it doesn't embed

"During MTV’s Rap Fix Live anniversary yesterday, former G.O.O.D. Music artist Consequence revealed that he buried the hatchet with Kanye West. As for everyone else, well, see him in the streets. Another clip after the jump."

round mid september... he made up with q-tip as well
  • pop duke
    pop duke Members Posts: 375
    edited January 2012
    BobOblah wrote: »
    Dis joint, New Nas, Hov, Rozay, Possible Detox, Possible Jay Elec, Preemo vs Pete Rock cd, Ye' Solo, Busta's YMCMB Debut,.........I think we'll B ok dis yr
  • StillFaggyAF
    edited January 2012

Meek, KRIT, Cole, Drake, Stalley, Kendrick, Wale, Jay Electronica, Lupe all have potential to make classic albums.
    Plus there's talented cats like ASAP Rocky, Big Sean, Cyhi Da Prynce, Currensy, Cudi, Chiddy Bang, Pusha T, B.o.B., and more
  • BobOblah
    edited January 2012
    $? wrote: »
    Meek, KRIT, Cole, Drake, Stalley, Kendrick, Wale, Jay Electronica, Lupe all have potential to make classic albums.
    Plus there's talented cats like ASAP Rocky, Big Sean, Cyhi Da Prynce, Currensy, Cudi, Chiddy Bang, Pusha T, B.o.B., and more
    pop duke wrote: »
    Dis joint, New Nas, Hov, Rozay, Possible Detox, Possible Jay Elec, Preemo vs Pete Rock cd, Ye' Solo, Busta's YMCMB Debut,.........I think we'll B ok dis yr
    I mean the general direction of where rap is going, we went from Lil Jon, Franchise Boys, D4L,etc to now where these new dudes who are lyrical are seeing success. I like all the new young talent in the game, we're starting to see progress.

As for who is gonna make that classic, that's more of a timing thing imo. Wouldn't be surprised if Jay Electronica does something incredible though from what Young Guru and Just Blaze said.

I agree with a lot of this.

Cole World selling so much is a sign of the times.

Krit, Cole, Jay Elec, maybe Wale and Kendrick are the new guys I see with potential for classic material

Nas and Jay Z seem alive in 2012 so they could do it. Kanye beats could help everyone. But either way Ye will probably put out more classics.

Ross is cool but I only check him for features.
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    yo kingdom u thought it was a good idea to jus b called kame?
  • Kame
    edited January 2012
    yo kingdom u thought it was a good idea to jus b called kame?

yeah shorter and easier to type lol, people was just saying kame or kk anyway
    i couldn't even tell who you were till I saw the avi lol
    ? getting mad confusing
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    i hope the jay elec feature is wasted on something random like big sean ass pt 2 ? by mannie fresh
  • stealthbomber
    stealthbomber Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    cosign this whole thread, i feel good about the next few years in hip hop
  • Kame
    edited January 2012
    i hope the jay elec feature is wasted on something random like big sean ass pt 2 ? by mannie fresh

lmao that would be hilarious and totally unexpected
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    This album might be better than Watch The Throne
  • birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    birdcall! where you been man?

i moved and didnt have internet for a minute, and then when i finally got internet, the ic was gone! lol i just checked tonight and it was back, so i am too
  • Kame
    edited January 2012
    birdcall! where you been man?

was just gonna ask lol
    him and sinqh disappeared
  • StillFaggyAF
    edited January 2012
    I agree with a lot of this.

Cole World selling so much is a sign of the times.

Krit, Cole, Jay Elec, maybe Wale and Kendrick are the new guys I see with potential for classic material

Nas and Jay Z seem alive in 2012 so they could do it. Kanye beats could help everyone. But either way Ye will probably put out more classics.

Ross is cool but I only check him for features.

Self Made and parts of Rich Forever are good tho