Hakeem "Abul" Olajuwon is the 2nd Greatest Player in NBA History.......

124»

Comments

• Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Mumo 13X wrote: »
    its time u admit that Kareem playd wit HOFers. We talkn Big O, magic, worthy etc while Hakeem wuz carryin Role players to championships(xcept Clyde).
    You dont think Kareem ever carried anybody to a championship.......LMAO He didnt play with Oscar until after Big O prime but that doesnt matter Kareem won 3 MVPs in his 1st five seasons so stop it............Rookie of the Year, member of six NBA championship teams, six-time NBA MVP, two-time NBA Finals MVP, 19-time All-Star, two-time scoring champion
    ................. /thread
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    A prime Hakeem from 95-96 was the second most unstoppable player of all time, but his prime was short, and he isnt the second greatest of all time. Sorry.
    /thread

cosign, thats why I said Prime Hakeem, no center in NBA history couldnt check Hakeem in 93-96. Thats why I call him thebest center ever (only Kareem brings a powerful debate vs Olajuwon)
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Kareem was better than hakeem and had the better career

It ain't even close
  • ROFL.GUY
    ROFL.GUY Members Posts: 3,117 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Hakeem was the most skilled bigman of all time..

lets be real.. if MJ didnt retire he would have 0 rings

Clyde drexler in his prime was a beast!
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    I agree...As good as the Dream shake was Kareem made the sky hook the most unstoppable weapon in the history of the league. As far as post moves are concerned Hakeem,Kevin Mcale, and Tim Duncan has the goat footwork but Kareem was the best center ever, then Handel but both should be in everybody's top 5-7 if you know anything about the game of basketball.
  • CockMcStuffins
    edited January 2012
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/HOU/1997.html

And for those saying hakeem never had help here u go

2 all stars and future hall of famers(Barkley putting up 19 and 13.5 and Clyde 28,6,6)

And they didn't even make the finals.........come with some more excuses, I got u
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    I'd never thought I'd see the day where people REALLY tried to push Hakeem over Kareem Adbul-Jabbar.

I'm convinced that most of y'all didn't start watching basketball until 1990. That's pretty sad.

Next thing you know, people'll be saying ridiculous ? like Floyd or Roy Jones>>>Ali.
  • Jdilla26
    edited January 2012
    I'd never thought I'd see the day where people REALLY tried to push Hakeem over Kareem Adbul-Jabbar.

I'm convinced that most of y'all didn't start watching basketball until 1990. That's pretty sad.

Next thing you know, people'll be saying ridicuoulous ? like Floyd or Roy Jones>>>Ali.
    LMAO hell yea
    Andrew Luck>>>Tom Brady
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Jdilla26 wrote: »
    What are u talking bout magic sidekick are u serious dude do ya history kareem wasnt nobody sidekick instead of looking up kareem lookup lew alcindor do ya history dude kareem was winning championships in the late 60s with the Milwaukee Bucks....... So ur comparison to hakeem to kareem makes no senzse

Quit telling lies.

He won one championship with Milwaukee in 1971. That's a single championship. Not "championships".

The only thing Kareem has on Hakeem is his prime lasted longer. Hakeem in the mid 90's was as good as Kareem ever was.
  • CockMcStuffins
    edited January 2012
    Quit telling lies.

He won one championship with Milwaukee in 1971. That's a single championship. Not "championships".

The only thing Kareem has on Hakeem is his prime lasted longer. Hakeem in the mid 90's was as good as Kareem ever was.

Kareem's best years beat hakeem's by a nice margin
  • Jdilla26
    edited January 2012
    Quit telling lies.

okay my fault im off a couple years but im glad u did sum research
    but thething is u just killed yo own argument yaself kareem prime lasted longer correct while hakeem was great a few years kareem was the best almost a decade in a half...........so like I said no comparison
  • PanchoYoSancho
    edited January 2012
    Kareem's best years beat hakeem's by a nice margin
    That's your opinion which I dont agree with.

Jdilla26 wrote: »
    okay my fault im off a couple years but im glad u did sum research
    but thething is u just killed yo own argument yaself kareem prime lasted longer correct while hakeem was great a few years kareem was the best almost a decade in a half...........so like I said no comparison
    I did nothing to ? my own argument. My point on Hakeem has always been that when he was in his prime, he was as good as anybody to ever play center. He lacked two things in his prime which hurt his legacy. Longevity and playing hall of famers in his prime.
  • CockMcStuffins
    edited January 2012
    Kareem's best 5 years
    32.7ppg 16rpg 3.3apg bpg NA
    34.8ppg 16.6rpg 4.6apg bpg NA
    30ppg 14rpg 4.1apg 3.3bpg
    30.2ppg 16.1rpg 5.0apg bpg NA
    27ppg 14.5rpg 4.8apg 3.5bpg

Hakeem
    26.1 13 3.5 apg 4.2bpg
    27.3 12 3.6apg 3.7bpg
    27.8 10.8 3.5apg 3.4bpg
    27 11.3 3.6apg 2.9bpg
    24.3 14.3 3apg 4.6bpg

Kareem's WORST year in his prime was equal to hakeem's best year

Better passer and had a higher fg% plus made more all D teams and they didn't keep blocks as stats for his first 4 seasons
  • will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    reaperbong wrote: »
    i agree with the premise of this thread.

However, Hakeem had a solid supporting cast both years he won a championship. Calling players like Otis Thorpe, Kenny Smith, Vernon Maxwell, Robert Horry, Sam Cassell, straight BUMS is ignorant. i was living in Houston at the time and lived through both championships and i can tell right now you ain't watch a single one of them games so why you even speak on it like you know? you can watch youtube and read stats all day but at the end of the day you're still bullshittin about what you think you know.

Besides, you failed to mention anything about the Twin Towers days when Hakeem won the Western Conference with Ralph Sampson. that's strike 2 that shows me you ain't about ? but stanning any player just because they from Africa, as usual.

Well I'll be! I haven't seen CS ether in a hot minute....Mods, can 1 post get sent to the FOF?
  • will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    But real talk how is this thread 5 pages deep and no talk of the greatest Wilt?
  • PanchoYoSancho
    edited January 2012
    Kareem's best 5 years
    32.7ppg 16rpg 3.3apg bpg NA
    34.8ppg 16.6rpg 4.6apg bpg NA
    30ppg 14rpg 4.1apg 3.3bpg
    30.2ppg 16.1rpg 5.0apg bpg NA
    27ppg 14.5rpg 4.8apg 3.5bpg

Hakeem
    26.1 13 3.5 apg 4.2bpg
    27.3 12 3.6apg 3.7bpg
    27.8 10.8 3.5apg 3.4bpg
    27 11.3 3.6apg 2.9bpg
    24.3 14.3 3apg 4.6bpg

Kareem's WORST year in his prime was equal to hakeem's best year

Better passer and had a higher fg% plus made more all D teams and they didn't keep blocks as stats for his first 4 seasons
    Those numbers dont tell the story. Kareem played his entire career in the fast break era where statistics were inflated. For instance, the guy had 3 straight seasons of over 16 rebounds and neither one of those seasons did he lead the league in rebounding. Meanwhile, Kevin Love leads the league in rebounding in 2011 with 15.2 per game. Those years Kareem was putting up over 16 rebounds per game, 1971-73, Kevin Love wouldnt even ? the top 5. You cant compare head to head for guys whose primes were 15 years apart. You have to compare them to their eras and Im just not bored enough to do that right now. Maybe later.
  • Jdilla26
    edited January 2012
    Those numbers dont tell the story. Kareem played his entire career in the fast break era where statistics were inflated. For instance, the guy had 3 straight seasons of over 16 rebounds and neither one of those seasons did he lead the league in rebounding. Meanwhile, Kevin Love leads the league in rebounding in 2011 with 15.2 per game. Those years Kareem was putting up over 16 rebounds per game, 1971-73, Kevin Love wouldnt even ? the top 5.
    C'mon inflated stats is Kevin love gettin 16 boards a game w/ a team that win 10 games thats inflated....Kareem won MVP 3 times in his 1st 5 seasons
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Olajuwon second greatest player in NBA history???????????????????? HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA...... Maybe in Africa though
  • PanchoYoSancho
    edited January 2012
    And if you gonna wanna go by stats, Wilt is the GOAT

If you wanna go by championships, Russell is the GOAT (which is ? )
  • Jdilla26
    edited January 2012
    And if you gonna wanna go by stats, Wilt is the GOAT

If you wanna go by championships, Russell is the GOAT (which is ? )
    Who comparing numbas? I never once compared numbers b/c thats not even close Im comparing accomplishments and dominance Kareem dominated the 70's(whole decade) and early 80's while like u said yourself Hakeem dominated part of mid 90's u cant compare the two Kareem dominated the game more than Hakeem did period...............
  • Coo Coo Cal's Beanie
    Coo Coo Cal's Beanie Members Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    TheIraq wrote: »
    Smh @ ? shittin on Kevin Love averaging 20 points and 15 rebounds a game last year... Thats how you know ? know nothing about the game
    probably because his team was still a top 3 losing team
  • Juicemane Jenkins
    Juicemane Jenkins Members Posts: 77
    edited January 2012
    abul tho..

come on mane DAMN.
  • Mumo 13X
    Mumo 13X Members Posts: 123
    edited January 2012
    Doesnt change the fact that you can compare head to head numbers from different eras. Guys like Wilt and Russell were averaging over 20 rebounds for their careers. You honestly think they would've came close to that in the past 20 years? Do you think Wilt would've averaged over 50 PPG in a season in 2012? C'mon son.

Good Post.
    Olajuwon second greatest player in NBA history???????????????????? HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA...... Maybe in Africa though

u do realize your post is Dumb. What does Africa got to do wit this thread? If u cant engage in a meaningful conversation then stop postin in here lame ass buffoon.
  • Mumo 13X
    Mumo 13X Members Posts: 123
    edited January 2012
    Smh @ ? shittin on Kevin Love averaging 20 points and 15 rebounds a game last year... Thats how you know ? know nothing about the game

Kevin Love D Is horrendous and why u mentionin that crackkka in a thread dedicated to hakeem Allah? Love aint even in the top 15 players in da league.
    abul tho..

come on mane DAMN.

why pay attention to little things that dont matter? Instead your contribution wil be appreciated in this thread