The More Kordell Stewart Talks On ESPN

Options
blackrain
blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
edited January 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
The more and more he just sounds like he's mad that his career never went the way he wanted it to....this ? just backpedaled his way damn near into a wall on First Take trying to once again talk about Tebow....yeah I know "plight of the black qb"...we've discussed it, it exists, it's ? up and needs to change, but damn this ? just sounds like he's mad at the NFL for his own career not going that well...? was asked one simple question during the discussion by Jay Crawford "Cam's the definite starter in Carolina and his record wasn't that good, Tebow got the Bronco's in the playoffs, won a game should he be the starter? Isn't winning the bottom line?" and this ? 's only response can't even give a coherent response w/o getting in his emotions about his own career

Comments

• nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    give kordell props for finding something hes good at.
    sucked as a qb but now he found a tv gimmick that is getting him exposure.
    hopefully he uses it to start sprinkling in some insight
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    Options
    He didnt suck as QB, the Steelers had some good years under him but disappointing playoffs and the ? rumors didnt help him...
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    He didnt suck as QB, the Steelers had some good years under him but disappointing playoffs and the ? rumors didnt help him...

lol... never even heard of those. but yeah they gassed him up and now he just do a lot of whining. he played himslf by being so emotionally involved in the tebow saga
  • jek
    jek Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    After watching how sensitive he gets, I wouldn't be surprised if he is ? . Skip likes to put him in his place by acknowledging that he wasn't even that good when he played and every time...this ? Kordel throws hissy fits like he finna start crying ol butt hurt ass ? . Atleast when Stephen A does that kinda thing you know its just cuz Steve a crazy muthafucka but Kordel you can see the hurt in his eyes n ?
  • woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    The more and more he just sounds like he's mad that his career never went the way he wanted it to....this ? just backpedaled his way damn near into a wall on First Take trying to once again talk about Tebow....yeah I know "plight of the black qb"...we've discussed it, it exists, it's ? up and needs to change, but damn this ? just sounds like he's mad at the NFL for his own career not going that well...? was asked one simple question during the discussion by Jay Crawford "Cam's the definite starter in Carolina and his record wasn't that good, Tebow got the Bronco's in the playoffs, won a game should he be the starter? Isn't winning the bottom line?" and this ? 's only response can't even give a coherent response w/o getting in his emotions about his own career

You not the only one bro. ? sound bitter and mad as HELL. Dude started 6 full seasons worth of games for a top 3 prestigious team in NFL history and act like he was a slave or some ? .
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Dude passionate about it cuz he see's the difference in treatment and perspective Tebow got vs when he and other black qbs did. Imagine being told u cant play or u have to throw and we wont build our offense around ur strenghs and then being turned off of Tommy Maddox and then flash forwards and u see a white qb get all of those things u didnt... Id be bitter too
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    maybe he is emotional about the fact that black qb's get a raw deal...
    whats wrong with being passionate?
    is anything he says untrue?

its an opinion, they arent true or false
    he is projecting his failures onto someone else though.
    its a coping mechanism, they get success i failed, it has to be because they are white and i'm black, not because they are better than him at all
  • aneed123
    edited January 2012
    Options
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    its an opinion, they arent true or false
    he is projecting his failures onto someone else though.
    its a coping mechanism, they get success i failed, it has to be because they are white and i'm black, not because they are better than him at all

naw cuz he really didnt fail. He took a team to the playoffs and had a successful career. tebow hasnt accomplished anything new what he did. His perspective is true because he experienced it. He was mad to be a punt returner/slash instead of being unleased like his cohost Skip Bayless yelled for Tebow all year. It can look like ? and complaining to many but to someone who experienced the different treatment he is tellin it like it is
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    jek wrote: »
    After watching how sensitive he gets, I wouldn't be surprised if he is ? . Skip likes to put him in his place by acknowledging that he wasn't even that good when he played and every time...this ? Kordel throws hissy fits like he finna start crying ol butt hurt ass ? . Atleast when Stephen A does that kinda thing you know its just cuz Steve a crazy muthafucka but Kordel you can see the hurt in his eyes n ?

That ? be too funny
  • GoodSiqMoney
    GoodSiqMoney Members Posts: 255
    edited January 2012
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Dude passionate about it cuz he see's the difference in treatment and perspective Tebow got vs when he and other black qbs did. Imagine being told u cant play or u have to throw and we wont build our offense around ur strenghs and then being turned off of Tommy Maddox and then flash forwards and u see a white qb get all of those things u didnt... Id be bitter too

yep yep yep

i would be ? if someone told me i wasnt allowed to do somethin then i look up and see someone not only gettin to do what i wanted to, but gettin a red carpet laid out to go do it
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    yep yep yep

i would be ? if someone told me i wasnt allowed to do somethin then i look up and see someone not only gettin to do what i wanted to, but gettin a red carpet laid out to go do it

WTF? Tebow got a couple starts his rookie year, did well and was not given the starting job. Only after his team started 1-4 was he thrown in and they went 7-4 with him starting. Threw for 316 yards in playoff debut and still may not start next year.

How are people thinkin he had a red carpet laid out for him?? Kordell had six years to start, Tebow hasn't even had a full year. WTF are people talking about.

Kordell is not the kat to talk about the plight of the black QB. Leave that to other people. Kordell had ample opportunity and was proven not good enough.
  • aneed123
    edited January 2012
    Options
    WTF? Tebow got a couple starts his rookie year, did well and was not given the starting job. Only after his team started 1-4 was he thrown in and they went 7-4 with him starting. Threw for 316 yards in playoff debut and still may not start next year.

How are people thinkin he had a red carpet laid out for him?? Kordell had six years to start, Tebow hasn't even had a full year. WTF are people talking about.

Kordell is not the kat to talk about the plight of the black QB. Leave that to other people. Kordell had ample opportunity and was proven not good enough.

thats ? . Kordell was a qb in college not a ? punt returner... which he was made to be becuase he was balck and could run and has supposed issues throwing in the pocket and reading defenses.... They didnt make Tebow a got damn te he was allowed to be a qb and had the whole offense catered/dumb downed for him.... Kordell was not awarded that opportunity. Id be bitter and he is the perfect one to speak on it cuz he went thru it.
  • aneed123
    edited January 2012
    Options
    jay83 wrote: »
    lol. You cant compare tebow with any other quarterback. Dude has a following that will never be matched again. If he was an unknown QB he wouldnt have got that start. But he brings ratings and fans come to see him.

They were already losing, and the fans wanted to see tebow. So of course they gave him the start. It was a great investment, i think the broncos hit the jackpot when they did that.

If slash had a following like Tebow, he would probably be on someones roster now just there for ratings. lol.

Besides, Tebow has gotten to that celebrity status where he is either loved or hated. But usually everyone has an opinion on him.

He even inspired Tom Brady to mercilessly destroy the broncos because of the attention tebow was getting. lol.

that doesnt mean that the other qbs who werent given those same liberties shouldnt feel bitter
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Theres nothing wrong with being passionate but don't direct your anger at Tebow, he didn't stop u from playing. he should call out Bill Cowher if he that tight about it.
  • raenghost
    raenghost Members Posts: 56 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Kordell Stewart??.....Isnt he an ol ? Ass ? ?
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    white715 wrote: »
    Theres nothing wrong with being passionate but don't direct your anger at Tebow, he didn't stop u from playing. he should call out Bill Cowher if he that tight about it.

Bingo

And aneed Kordell started every game his THIRD year in the pros. He did not have to jump through hoops to get the job. Tebow probably had an even tougher road and more questions to answer to get the starting job.

Plus I'm just now looking at his numbers and his numbers was ? . I remember him being better than those numbers but cotdamn look at those completions %s, TDs to INT ratio! He was not putting up good numbers at all. Those are Chris Simms #s.
  • the ghost
    the ghost Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options