Thief 4 has online, runs on Unreal Engine 3?

Options
joshuaboy
joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in IllGaming
Eidos Montreal's firmly-under-wraps Thief 4 will feature online capabilities and run on Unreal Engine 3, according to freshly uncovered developer resumes.

CVs of Thief 4 workers uncovered on networking service LinkedIn were posted on NeoGAF, and duly dissected.

One resume belonged to Colas Fievet, an online programmer for the game. His duties from August 2009, to December 2010, included "networking, gameplay, debugging", plus "online and offline tools on Thief 4".

Thief 4 would be the first in the series to feature any kind of online play, oh em gee.

Multiple CVs referenced Thief 4 running on Unreal Engine 3, despite Eidos Montreal having favoured the Tomb Raider engine for Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Nevertheless, Thief: Deadly Shadows ran on Unreal Engine 2.

Other information gleaned included mention of "shops, escape gates, public zones", and that the game will include a "hub".

There's a question mark over the information's relevance, however, as some CVs belong to artists who have long since left the project.

Edios Montreal originally announced Thief 4 back in 2009, and cautioned that a release was still a long way off.

"We're in the early development stages for Thief 4, but this is an incredibly ambitious project and a very exciting one," Eidos general manager Stephane D'Astous said. "It's too early for us to offer any specific game details."

600x-1

600x-1

600x-1

600x-1

Comments

• bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    i never played any of them....am i losing?
  • joshuaboy
    edited January 2012
    Options
    i never played any of them....am i losing?

Neither have I
  • joshuaboy
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Not sure if it's coming to consoles as yet. Should be though
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Options
    no.....nooooooooo! the ? they gave my comrade Garreth black nail polish and ? ? thats mad ?

for those who don't know: the game series is all about stealth, great fan of part 3 myself, it's basically a more complex version of Splinter Cell, the difference is that unseen, you have an advantage towards your enemies, but once spotted they will murk u instantly....you also have multiple ways of completing your goal/mission.....kinda a mix between the old skool hitman and splinter cell games, except than it's in medievil England.

Don't know what to expect from the online, but I hope they keep the horror in it, part 3 became a horror game halfway through (and you couldn't ? the undead because well.....there undead lol)