Cult of personality and Barack Obama

TheIraq
TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
I couldn't post this in the SL but I finally watched the Obama Deception and there's a part close to the end where they talked about him being a cult of personality... I'm not gonna get into it all or the cult of personality or the deception thing but 3 and a half years later do you feel played? Played by the message of "hope"?

In '08 I was 22 and a registered voter and didn't vote in the primaries or the general because I live in Illinois and of course Obama was gonna win the state.. Basically I didn't vote because my vote didn't matter... But is there a big difference between Bush and Obama? What's changed since Obama has been president? If you feel nothing has changed will you vote for him again? Did you vote for him in '08 just because he was black? Did you just fall for the whole 'change" thing?

I guess my real questions are why does he deserve to be re-elected? And do you still feel the same way about Obama now as you did in '08?

We saw how Obama was pushed in the media in '08 being the first president with a touch of African blood in him. T shirts, a song and all... But really.... What has he done for the middle class and for the lower middle class?

This is for the ones who still believe.................. smh... I know I'm not the only one who didnt believe this ? was our savior... He is a puppet

Comments

• fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Health Care Reform Bill, allowing children to remain covered by their parents' insurance until the age of 26

Tax cuts for up to 3.5 million small businesses to help pay for employee health care coverage

Added 4.6 billion USD to the Veterans Administration budget to recruit and retain more mental health professionals

Lifted restrictions granting Cuban Americans unrestricted rights to visit family and send remittances to the island

Eliminated subsidies to private lender middlemen of student loans and protect student borrowers

Significantly expanded Pell grants, which help low-income students pay for college

http://whatthefuckhasobamadonesofar.com/

among others things.......
  • TheIraq
    edited January 2012
    Jesse Jackson said "keep hope alive" in '84 and was shown no love.... Why couldn't or can't "keep hope alive" have worked against Obama using a Herman Cain or even using a Michael Steele prop for 2012? Seeing has though Obama has failed the American people in his first 3 and a half years?
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    There is a huge difference between Bush and Obama. when Bush had the type of juice Obama came into office with, he used it. This ol' diplomatic ass ? wanna make friends and drink wine and play golf.

List of GOAT presidents

Thomas Jefferson
    Lincoln
    Teddy Roosevelt
    FDR
    Reagan(I'm gonna catch ? for that)

List of presidents who had the "get down or lay down" mentality
    Jefferson
    Lincoln
    Roosevelt
    FDR
    LBJ
    Reagan

I don't know about you, but if I'm a president, i'd rather be on the list than off.
  • TheIraq
    edited January 2012
    There is a huge difference between Bush and Obama. when Bush had the type of juice Obama came into office with, he used it. This ol' diplomatic ass ? wanna make friends and drink wine and play golf.

List of GOAT presidents

Thomas Jefferson
    Lincoln
    Teddy Roosevelt
    FDR
    Reagan(I'm gonna catch ? for that)

List of presidents who had the "get down or lay down" mentality
    Jefferson
    Lincoln
    Roosevelt
    FDR
    LBJ
    Reagan

I don't know about you, but if I'm a president, i'd rather be on the list than off.

Where do you have JFK on your list?
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Believing a politicians screams for change while they are running for president = lause
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    TheIraq wrote: »
    Where do you have JFK on your list?

JFK would have been great. Just the difference between bay of pigs and missile crisis showed that he was learning really fast. He just never got a chance. I sometimes put him on my list of greatest presidents.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your discounting the type of juice.. Bush had.. the type of juice Obama had..

Next term you will see a different Obama.. like I have been saying.. hes been auditioning for the part he wants..on the Re-up