Paid Dues Festival 2012

justforkicks
justforkicks Members Posts: 23
edited February 2012 in The Essence
20120215-PAIDDUES.jpg

What ya'll think about the line up for this years Paid Dues? Looks pretty dope!

Comments

• RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    When does it not?! haha I always look at it and feel depressed. One day, I'm going to fly to America to see it live.

Lamar alone would be amazing, but when you look down the list and see CunninLynguists so far down… it just makes the festival seem ridiculously good. Despite this, I think they should be higher but they're obviously trying to get people to go with Dipset and 3-6 being so high.

Lecrae is a nice choice as well as Doomtree, RA, Kass, 'Glyhpics… the whole list let's be honest.

Anyone heading there?
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks dope big line up. one of these years i have to go. i dont know how the crowd is gonna react to 3-6 and dipset. tho if its ALL of the members of 3-6 mafia id would wanna see that. i used to ? with 3-6 heavy in the 90's
  • justforkicks
    Your the first person I heard anyone call Heiro: Glyphics' lol. But yeah the line up is crazy escpecially with the crews that are gonna be there. I think i might be going this year...i wasn't really into 3-6 much but tear the club up was my jam back than. Gotta love that ignant ? sometimes. lol
  • RuffDraft
    satyrone wrote:
    looks dope big line up. one of these years i have to go. i dont know how the crowd is gonna react to 3-6 and dipset. tho if its ALL of the members of 3-6 mafia id would wanna see that. i used to ? with 3-6 heavy in the 90's

Welcome back Satyr, how have you been since the downtime?
    Your the first person I heard anyone call Heiro: Glyphics' lol. But yeah the line up is crazy escpecially with the crews that are gonna be there. I think i might be going this year...i wasn't really into 3-6 much but tear the club up was my jam back than. Gotta love that ignant ? sometimes. lol

Lol. There's a first for everything lol.

Man, if you do go, you should definitely get some videos on YouTube and let us know how it is!!!

Did you post here before the upgrade?
  • satyrone
    RuffDraft wrote:
    satyrone wrote:

Man, if you do go, you should definitely get some videos on YouTube and let us know how it is!!!

yea word its glad to be back!!! didnt know what to do on the interent after the IC went down lol!!! how have you been??
  • justforkicks
    Haven't really posted on this forum just been browsing. I'll try to get some videos if I go.
  • RuffDraft
    satyrone wrote:
    RuffDraft wrote:
    satyrone wrote:

yea word its glad to be back!!! didnt know what to do on the interent after the IC went down lol!!! how have you been??

Lol me either!!! I didn't think there was a purpose to Safari once it died!!!

Yeah, I'm good thanks. Just been busy with work, looking forward to the weekend and getting my I.C. on, hopefully get some new threads going but we're in a quiet time during the early months of every year it seems… what you been bumpin'?
    Haven't really posted on this forum just been browsing. I'll try to get some videos if I go.

Great to see you on the board, a big welcome. If you stay around the board, you'll find a lot of great threads, especially here in The Essence, we have a community feel to everything hip hop… check out some of our Artist of the Month threads and Playlists… they'll definitely give you a sense of what The Essence is about!
  • justforkicks
    Good ? ! I'll check them out.
  • satyrone
    RuffDraft wrote:
    satyrone wrote:
    RuffDraft wrote:
    satyrone wrote:

Lol me either!!! I didn't think there was a purpose to Safari once it died!!!

Yeah, I'm good thanks. Just been busy with work, looking forward to the weekend and getting my I.C. on, hopefully get some new threads going but we're in a quiet time during the early months of every year it seems… what you been bumpin'?

Great to see you on the board, a big welcome. If you stay around the board, you'll find a lot of great threads, especially here in The Essence, we have a community feel to everything hip hop… check out some of our Artist of the Month threads and Playlists… they'll definitely give you a sense of what The Essence is about!

ive been listening to that new Chief Kamachi album Rise And Ryheme like hell latley really a dope album from start to finish. if you can check out the track "chuck d' hes spitting some ? in that song. also Planet Asia jus dropped a new mix tape and his new album comes out next week on the 28th. or how you say in the uk 28 Feb 2012 lol.. but yea thats it mostly dj mixes but mos def peep that Chief Kamachi album so far a canidate for album of the year.

oh also been listening to this droup from the netherlands i think called Dope D.O.D o some ? hip hop and also Ryheme Aslyum from the uk. if you like boom bap ? check them out if you havent already. and what are you listing too??