how long should I wait......??

Options
124»

Comments

• Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Dating is one thing... but to even consider a real relationship with someone else in the future... for me, I had to completely become apathetic to my ex. I mean, shes cool and we can be friends, but the thought of ever entertaining a relationship with her is just something that I'm not even CLOSE to interested in.

kind of weird.

That apathy just came from time. I got to a point were I stopped thinking about what our future couldve been and I stopped comparing her to other new women.

It took me a year for one ex, 6 months for another.
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Dating is one thing... but to even consider a real relationship with someone else in the future... for me, I had to completely become apathetic to my ex. I mean, shes cool and we can be friends, but the thought of ever entertaining a relationship with her is just something that I'm not even CLOSE to interested in.

kind of weird.

That apathy just came from time. I got to a point were I stopped thinking about what our future couldve been and I stopped comparing her to other new women.

It took me a year for one ex, 6 months for another.

I feel you on that. I'm done with my relationship, but real talk, I've only been with one man since I was 18 years old and that ? is not easy to just move on from. Giving yourself time is very important. I see my friends jumping from one traumatic breakup right into another. Won't be me.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Oh dear Jesus no. That's part of the problem. You gotta subtract a few years for men.
    Do yourself a favor and try someone older. Late 20's-early 30's. They're not constantly on the lookout thinking they're gonna miss some primo ? . More settled, not up on that ? . I'm never going back to young bucks.

worst advice you can give
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Get back out there when you're ready, once you've mourned the relationship.

Another piece of advice would be to only date people who are single types who don't seem like people you'd want a relationship with... I once went straight to this girl who I really thought was nice and would make a great 'wifey' type, I was right, but wasn't ready and that one hit the breaks... would have rather started that one a few months later when I was more open minded.

But honestly, if you've only just broken up, just do you, I wouldn't even contemplate it for months...
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    GUMEQUAGS wrote: »
    Ìû ïðåäëàãàåì âñå ëó÷øèå ñòàòüè è ìàòåðèàëû î òîì êàê ïîñòîèòü äîì ñâîèìè ðóêàìè, Ëåíòî÷íûé ôóíäàìåíò

best advice in this thread b

good lookin out
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If I come out to L.A. will we meet up and get a bite to eat?
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited December 2011
    Options
    If I come out to L.A. will we meet up and get a bite to eat?

i dont see why not :)
  • Bussy_Getta
    edited December 2011
    Options
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Just ran across this thread and I know why the simping has hit astronomical measures.
  • Pond Scum
    Pond Scum Members Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i'm about to drake the ? out of this woman

pico, prepare to be woo-ed.
  • truth spitter
    truth spitter Members Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Pico got a new man already. She wasted no time. She can't stand being single and not dating for too long. Like most women her age. It's normal. Get it while u can.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    superman.jpg

................................................................................................
  • fullfledged
    fullfledged Members Posts: 238
    edited December 2011
    Options
    if your asking this question start right away
  • Pond Scum
    Pond Scum Members Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Pico got a new man already. She wasted no time. She can't stand being single and not dating for too long. Like most women her age. It's normal. Get it while u can.

this is terrible news.

i was that close to to closing my fb account as a sign of good faith.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    worst advice you can give

My thoughts exactly upon reading that.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Sometimes i just want to lightly choke Pico, ? the ? out of her walls ? , call her a ? while doing that, and slap her with my ? after i had my happy ending... thee end. Realness.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Options
    realness, recognized.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe a month or 2.. You're not supposed to sit and dwell on it forever..