Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in IllGaming
Bought this game Tuesday, ? dope as hell imo. its had some mixed reviews but i think its well worth the purchase, maybe after a price drop tho. Doesnt grab you like skyrim but still fun as ? . anyone else get it?

Comments

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked it up on Tuesday as well, along with FFXIII-2. Haven't opened either though - hopefully on the weekend
  • Lou Cypher
    Yeah i gotta get that Final Fantasy. ive been hearing mixed reviews about it, but im a die hard final fantasy fan. only FF i played and hated was 9. cant get worse then that.
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Yeah I copped it 2, like josh I still haven't opened it though, been playing SCV online lately....I know once I put it in the PS I ain't gonna play any other games lol so I'm saving it, probably gonna start after the weekend.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    this looks dope. cop this after tales of graces f.

FFIX was dope. put the "Fantasy" back in it. Vivi was one of the illest character in FF... ever.
    Vivi_Ornitier_character.jpg
  • Alkindus
    mannnnnnn

I'm dissapointed in this game lol, I've tried to get into it(about 7/8 hours deep lol)....but it just aint happening.....after all the rpgs I've played this gen, from Dragon Age to Dark Souls to Skyrim, this game just isn't ? , it doesn't stand out in anything, thought it was fun at first but the combat is to easy, the camera to whacky, the world wayyyyyyyyy to boring/generic etc...

I mean I really don't care about the story/quests, it's all to generic, to B movie quality lol(voice volume doesn't even sync in lol), I'm not a graphics ? at all but its basically a first gen game graphic wise and that ain't helping either (and the CPU/NPC's have terrible voiceacting and it's all terribly presented...and I mean reallly terrible) lol....this game has a huge world, but there is no freedom like in for example skyrim, the world is empty/no choices/and who the hell thought it was cool to have random encounters with enemies? enemies who aren't ? btw cause their AI was obsolete in the Ps2 days, its all way to easy.

I don't even understand how anyone can review this game and give it higher than a 7, honestly, I've read several of em and they say 'well gameplay wise it's ? ', nonsense, the combat(and controls) have been practiced in a zillion other games, there is nothing outstanding about it and it isn't half as good as it could have been. ? is just underwhelming

Its all just way to predictable....basically, the game gives u awesome loot, but it is severly lacking in motivation for getting that loot cause of the previous mentioned lame NPCs, you will kick azz from the start due to whack AI/easy combat system and u can get pimpin weapons/armor early on.....

I should have known this before I copped it, but if any of you cats wants to get a rpg, avoid this game....if you want a rpg for its story, get Dragon Age Origins/Mass Effect series, if you want to go virtual reality style(lol) go Skyrim/New Vegas, if you want a rpg for combat, get Demon or Dark Souls, whatever u do please avoid this one.
  • Lou Cypher
    already beat it. and returned it. i guess the story isnt horrible, but kind of like alkindus, its way easy, i didnt die the entire time i played the game. It was on normal mind you. Just really easy and the dialogue sucks imo lol.
  • Alkindus
    yeah I died once just to check out how long it will take before the CPU takes you out LMAO

returning it tomorrow...
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like i won't be coppin' then. good looks.
  • Alkindus
    LMAO nah, I played for 7/8 hours, not 78