Is everyone calling BS on this whole Ryan Braun deal?

Options
Darius
Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
if he was black or latino and not the reigning mvp and not one of MLB's brightest young stars, he'd be out for 50 games. oh yeah, and his owner is the commish.

Comments

• Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Baseball ? it up 4sho but by public opinion Braun will always be guilty b/c nobody believes baseball players n e more
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He doesn't even own the brewers anymore
  • Darius
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    He doesn't even own the brewers anymore

THEN YOU MUST ACQUIT!!!

jackie.jpg
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MLB isn't trying to save Braun they're mad he even beat the system
  • Darius
    Options
    as far as i know, the only thing that happened with the sample was that it wasn't shipped out when it was supposed to. so the only thing one can asssume is that the person who kept the ? in his fridge tampered with it it. i don't really know why that would happen, unless the person who was responsible for the ? was Matt Kamp
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options
    basically its like gettin off for murder because they mispelled your name, by all accounts he tested positive.. and his lawyers were just savy enough to exploit someones mistake. He cant say he was targeted because the public at large havent heard of him till this story broke.. public outrage/ the intensity of it is gauged on how they feel about said player..
  • Darius
    Options
    exactly. and neither Braun nor baseball or anyone has indicated why the test was positive. MLB just said our guy ? up. Braun said they ? up. but nobody said how or why the test was what it was.
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nope. im cool with it..
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aye... This is prolly some ? and he probably did a little somethin somethin but ? you got to give it to dude for finding that loophole ..... It's never the player you knock you can only blame the game baby..
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Darius wrote:
    exactly. and neither Braun nor baseball or anyone has indicated why the test was positive. MLB just said our guy ? up. Braun said they ? up. but nobody said how or why the test was what it was.

The test was positive b/c he failed it. that's self explanatory. That's why you hear about how high his level of testosterone was. Dude ? up is the reason he got off but it's not the reason why it was positive it was positive b/c he took riods. Sense he got off his camp is implying that the guy must've tampered with the sample.
  • Darius
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    Darius wrote:

The test was positive b/c he failed it. that's self explanatory. That's why you hear about how high his level of testosterone was. Dude ? up is the reason he got off but it's not the reason why it was positive it was positive b/c he took riods. Sense he got off his camp is implying that the guy must've tampered with the sample.

we will know in 30 days once the arbiters release their report/ sweep this whole thing under the rug, right about the time NFL draft talk is heating up and baseball will be starting. Baseball and Braun is doing all they can to make this whole thing go away
  • Darius
    Options
    He beat the system. That ? happens everyday b.

he's the first one do to it
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its all good that he found a flaw but I want him crucified in the media ala Bonds, Sosa, Mcgwire, Palmerio, Manny etc.... He won the mvp roided up... think about it he took the team from Fielder roided up.... Got Kemps MVP
  • Ekscape
    Ekscape Members Posts: 1,842
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ? got off on some, "forgot to read them their miranda rights" ? ... Some, "I found a kilo of coke in your house but I didn't have a search warrant" ? ...
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess I'm the only one that heard Colin Cowherd speak on this. He pretty much said Braun got through on a technicality so small it was 100% fate.

In his press conference, Braun points out that the tester had the opportunity to go to 5 ups spots (i think it was ups) near the stadium. Then there were another 15 that were farther distance. Here's the problem:

- the collector arrived at field to collect the sample around 3-4
    - the collector didn't leave until around 4:30
    - of the 5 drop offs within driving distance only 3 of them had live ppl there. You can't simply drop it off.
    - of the the final 2, 1 closed at 4 the other at 5
    - the other 15 were a minimum of 45 mns away

the collector to put it nicely was ? ...thats the case braun used..."well how do we know you didn't do something with it since you didn't drop it off"...weak (but w/e it worked)

Colins more important point was that tampering is a FELONY offense. *cough* ? *cough* If you're alleging tampering, then some type of investigation has to go down. An investigation involving law enforcement, not simply baseball.

Braun ain't built for that.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tru_m.a.c wrote:
    I guess I'm the only one that heard Colin Cowherd speak on this. He pretty much said Braun got through on a technicality so small it was 100% fate.

In his press conference, Braun points out that the tester had the opportunity to go to 5 ups spots (i think it was ups) near the stadium. Then there were another 15 that were farther distance. Here's the problem:

- of the 5 drop offs within driving distance only 3 of them had live ppl there. You can't simply drop it off.

the collector to put it nicely was ? ...thats the case braun used..."well how do we know you didn't do something with it since you didn't drop it off"...weak (but w/e it worked)

Colins more important point was that tampering is a FELONY offense. *cough* ? *cough* If you're alleging tampering, then some type of investigation has to go down. An investigation involving law enforcement, not simply baseball.

Also its important to know that the actual SEAL on the sample was intact.

Dude got of on a technicality...
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If he came out and admitted it was herpes medicine that got him a flagged test, I think he would get a pass.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    tru_m.a.c wrote:

Also its important to know that the actual SEAL on the sample was intact.

Dude got of on a technicality...

word OJ is smiling somewhere
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SOme ? .

Smiley-face chump is guilty.

Brewers goin' pay for that ? during the season. With Prince and Grineke gone, I doubt they win 85 games this year.
  • bow to royalty
    bow to royalty Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I haven't been following that closely, but I think dude may be innocent. When I was watchin Mike and Mike one morning it came across as Braun was sayin that wasn't his ? . He said he'd offer up a DNA sample that they could compare with the drug test ? to prove it wasn't him. MLB said no they didn't want it. If I was guilty I wouldn't volunteer my DNA.

I think it's at least POSSIBLE the MLB ? up the testing and didn't wanna get caught. Right now it's either Braun or the dude transporting the test messed up. But if the DNA comes back saying that's not his ? , and that it's still sealed like it was when he left the testing location, then what? That means someone mislabeled the samples. MLB (the league most ? up by steroids) sure as hell doesn't wanna be caught ? up tests. That'd open the floodgates.
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options