What yall like better: Return of 4eva or K.R.I.T. Wuz Here

2»

Comments

• Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    edited February 2012
    Both solid projects with no big hit record. His sound doesnt change much on either album. Ill use Lupe's The Cool and F&L as an example on a lower level.
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    with the type of music he's trying to make it's going to be hit or miss with the mainstream anyway. Personally I think his first def jam album and second need to have somewhat the same sound....he just needs to show progression with the second. I dont hink it would be smart to have a certain sound then all of a sudden switch it up on the second album he has to build his base first.....you could lose a lot of fans switching up all of a sudden..... a prime example would be chamillionaire....

I keep telling people it's going to be hard for Krit because of the style of southern music he makes....he'll probably never have a top 40 song unless he's trying to cross over....and honestly I could careless....as long as the music is good thats really all that matters
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    with the type of music he's trying to make it's going to be hit or miss with the mainstream anyway. Personally I think his first def jam album and second need to have somewhat the same sound....he just needs to show progression with the second. I dont hink it would be smart to have a certain sound then all of a sudden switch it up on the second album he has to build his base first.....you could lose a lot of fans switching up all of a sudden..... a prime example would be chamillionaire....

I keep telling people it's going to be hard for Krit because of the style of southern music he makes....he'll probably never have a top 40 song unless he's trying to cross over....and honestly I could careless....as long as the music is good thats really all that matters

Right. I dont think he wants to be in Chamillionaire status otherwise he wouldnt have signed with Def Jam. He is going to need that hit record to stay on that label. Only person who doesnt is Ghostface for obvious reasons.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

in a sense he's the modern day scarface in terms of making southern music that really isn't for radio consumption

But my thing is will Def Jam force him to change his ? up. I mean he is on a major and when you sing to a major you have to play that role to a certain extent or they won't promote him at all like they do the Roots. Not chagne his whole album but they gonna be asking for club radio friendly single.
  • southernmade
    southernmade Members Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HLF wrote: »

Right. I dont think he wants to be in Chamillionaire status otherwise he wouldnt have signed with Def Jam. He is going to need that hit record to stay on that label. Only person who doesnt is Ghostface for obvious reasons.

I agree, he has sha Money pushing real hard for him so I'm sure he'll turn out a hit....hopefully a regional hit at least. I'm not comapring the talent just the career....but it might take him a while just like it took tip a while to get that big hit that puts him over the top....