Is it ever YOUR fault that your s/o cheats??

Options
13»

Comments

• BlackThor356
    BlackThor356 Members Posts: 850 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i dont feel like one lol
  • Niggersauce
    Niggersauce Members Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Im pretty sure everyone thats ever been in a relaionship has considered cheating because monogamy is unnatural and its a struggle to fight against the primitive instincts.

Your feelings towards your s/o should be what keeps you from carrying out that mission though.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    I agree Mr Sauce (smh).

Even though the temptation is there I can't actually see me doing that to him..I would feel so sad if I lost him.

Now if I find out he's stepping out? That may change things..

I want to have a relationship where we're open about stuff so we can avoid the need to deceive.

That ? takes time. At least that is what the marriage counselor told me and wifey.
  • frostyicy
    frostyicy Members Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Relationships are overrated.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Females should resist the urge of temptation

Men are of NO SUCH OBLIGATION
  • Gnawledgeable
    Gnawledgeable Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes it could be your fault but even if you're doing everything right in a relationship, your partner can still cheat.
  • JJ 1975
    JJ 1975 Members Posts: 336
    Options
    I don't think a person can be at fault for things other people do. Everyone needs to own up to why they do what they do and the outcome of our own actions being a big deal.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd say it depends on the situation. I mean, love isn't exactly a stable thing. People tend to change over time, sometimes for the worst. Some times your changes might drive your s/o away. Then you got that the new and refreshing opportunity wanting you to stay a little bit longer. If you've started to slip on your loving at any point in a relationship, you can't be surprised when they start looking for satisfaction else where.
  • Niggersauce
    Niggersauce Members Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree Mr Sauce (smh).

Even though the temptation is there I can't actually see me doing that to him..I would feel so sad if I lost him.

Now if I find out he's stepping out? That may change things..

I want to have a relationship where we're open about stuff so we can avoid the need to deceive.

Pretty much, it takes the most comfort to be able to talk about attraction to other people without either side getting furious. I feel that once you are at this point swinging can do nothing more but help the relationship. The couples i know that swing ( i know 2, both a bit older) and they have that real happiness/love not that powdered sugar romance ? .

If my name makes you uncomfortable just call me by my old name quarter2, or q2 as chicity says. LOL @ "Mr.Sauce"