Too Short Says There Was An Industry-Wide Plot To Shut Down Conscious Hip Hop

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    and that why people don't take them serious. You mean, it has to take you to fall off from the music scene and losing popularity among other artists to finally speak up on an important issue in great detail? If Too $hort told about this back right when it happened in the mid 90s, then he would have more people believing him. He could have allies like Public Enemy and even Wu Tang when they were hot to fight that ? . Im with Too $short about this issue regardless, but don't wait till you old n gray to tell the truth.

I have to agree... It was all good when he was hot and making big bread with the nastiness.... Now u wanna speak up?
  • Dat1Dude7
    Dat1Dude7 Members Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    TheJamel wrote: »
    Wild Self wrote: »
    Wild Self wrote: »
    I've been telling you ? this for at least two years now...

but when too short says it... yall wanna agree.
    ? sheep.

What did you say about conscious rap?
    what haven't i said?
    it all falls under the same banner.
    it's all bad.

I've been saying that there is a Jew Agenda to dumb down our music.

I would agree during that one hit wonder era (03-09) but there are new cats out there that spit that socially conscious ? . Schoolboy Q and J Cole are just two of them. I got a feeling that in the internet era, you gonna see music quality that was unheard of in the past 20 years. These execs are losing power as more of these rappers blow up thanks to the internet.

i disagree...

You see the makings of artificial artist being pushed on us.

First it was Cassie
    then it was The Dream
    Then it was Flo Rida
    Now it's that Lana Del Rey ? ...

i should count nikki in there too...

too many fabricated artist that have killed the heart and soul of the art known as music.

Unless there is a drastic change in leadership as far as music heads go, then i only see it getting worse.

how is the dream an artificial artist?

and what about flo rida screams artificial?
    dude is a party rapper who moves crowds all over the globe.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2012
  • Dat1Dude7
    Dat1Dude7 Members Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    Flo Rida a party rapper. I never understood the hate thrown at rappers who cater to the club & dance scene get.
    Man, thats what hip hop music was founded off of, catering to the dance crowd.
  • [Deleted User]
  • stealthbomber
    stealthbomber Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
    TheJamel wrote:
    Dat1Dude7 wrote: »
    Flo Rida a party rapper. I never understood the hate thrown at rappers who cater to the club & dance scene get.

he's still manufactured. which was my initial point, no hate, just stating a fact.

i see no facts, how exactly is he manufactured?
  • [Deleted User]
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too Short has actually been saying this for a while. To be fair though, he's also admitted that he went hard with the sex rap because it was simply more successful for him than the other kind.

Gettin' It is my favorite Too Short song though, so there is no doubt that he's not as much of a one trick pony as his catalog would imply.
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

he's still manufactured. which was my initial point, no hate, just stating a fact.

what rapper isn't manufactured??????????????????????
  • [Deleted User]
  • stealthbomber
    stealthbomber Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
    TheJamel wrote:
    TheJamel wrote:

i see no facts, how exactly is he manufactured?
    his first single was a song for nelly.
    iontknowyoutellme....

so what does that have to do with being manufactured. manufactured would be a dude who no one likes, but majors force on the people. flo rida has a legit lane and people like his music.
  • [Deleted User]
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    short has hinted on this ? for years,
    It's too bad it takes an artist no longer being hot to speak the real.

so how many of you have actually listened to short's music?? cause short been speaking on the real since he first came out in the mid 80's
    and short is a vet whose paid and respected dont get it ? up, he;s just speaking his mind on a BIGGER PLATFORM....
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Florida and Pit bull werent manufactured.... its just that when they rapped no one cared or bought their music. So the switched it up ... good for them
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    when i got some time imma read that. interesting tho
  • [Deleted User]
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Florida and Pit bull werent manufactured.... its just that when they rapped no one cared or bought their music. So the switched it up ... good for them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgJ8l5KJeOI

• MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand the fascination with conscious rap. To me its just like the news, its talks about what's going on but it doesn't supply any solutions to help .