Safe to Say Brooklyn>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any other state, city in terms of producing best MC's??

2»

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    704Hustla wrote: »
    easily queens aint even a question just off the 80's alone they shittin on bk
    80's
    bk: big daddy kane
    Queens: first they win by default with run dmc,ll cool j,dj marley marl,juice crew,kool g rap,russell simmons and def jam..nuff said aint no comp
    90's
    bk:biggie,jay-z
    queens:tribe called quest,main source,organized konfusion,nas,mobb deep,capone n noreaga,tragedy khadafi/intelligent hoodlum
    classics:low end theory,breaking atoms,stress:extinction agenda,illmatic,the infamous,war report..again queens is winnin
    early 2000's
    Bk: jay-z
    Queens: ja rule/murda inc, 50 cent/g-unit...safe to say queens is the foundation..brooklyn has thousands of rappers and only 2% are dope queens may not have a lot but they have higher quality

IMO Brooklyn>>>>>>>>Queens.... u dropping Ja Rule/Murder Inc and GUNIT doesnt help your cause... I said MC's so bringing Marley Marl a producer and Russell Simmons has nothing to do with the thread topic..
  • Moore7s
    Moore7s Members Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brooklyn has the volume... queens has the quality. bx started it...queens refined it... bk has the best hustle off it
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    queens: kool g rap, nas, tragedy, mega, mobb deep, nature, tribe, lost boys, cnn, organized konfusion, ll cool j, mop, etc

I'd still give it to bk though, queens is close.

I thought MOP is from Brownsville, Brooklyn?
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    queens: kool g rap, nas, tragedy, mega, mobb deep, nature, tribe, lost boys, cnn, organized konfusion, ll cool j, mop, etc

I'd still give it to bk though, queens is close.

I thought MOP is from Brownsville, Brooklyn?

MOP is from Brownsville Brooklyn....
  • rico_ENS
    rico_ENS Members Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭
    ? brooklyn them ? ? still rockin filas n ? queens reigns supreme n we got more classic albums ? them ? ?
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nas
    kool g
    LL
    Run DMC
    ATCQ
    Mobb Deep
    Cormega
    Lost Boyz
    Tragedy
    MC Shan
    CNN
    Onyx
    Nature
    Pharoah Monch
    G Unit
    Ja
    Craig G
    Large Pro
    Mic Geronimo
    Royal Flush
    Big Noyd
    roxanne shante
    prince po
    Bravehearts
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ***Spoiler Alert***

Nas was born in Brooklyn..
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ***Spoiler Alert***

Nas was born in Brooklyn..[/quote]

close thread....
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    brooklyn and queens, bk prolly take the edge

either way NY>>>>>>
  • 704Hustla
    704Hustla Members Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    704Hustla wrote: »
    easily queens aint even a question just off the 80's alone they shittin on bk
    80's
    bk: big daddy kane
    Queens: first they win by default with run dmc,ll cool j,dj marley marl,juice crew,kool g rap,russell simmons and def jam..nuff said aint no comp
    90's
    bk:biggie,jay-z
    queens:tribe called quest,main source,organized konfusion,nas,mobb deep,capone n noreaga,tragedy khadafi/intelligent hoodlum
    classics:low end theory,breaking atoms,stress:extinction agenda,illmatic,the infamous,war report..again queens is winnin
    early 2000's
    Bk: jay-z
    Queens: ja rule/murda inc, 50 cent/g-unit...safe to say queens is the foundation..brooklyn has thousands of rappers and only 2% are dope queens may not have a lot but they have higher quality

IMO Brooklyn>>>>>>>>Queens.... u dropping Ja Rule/Murder Inc and GUNIT doesnt help your cause... I said MC's so bringing Marley Marl a producer and Russell Simmons has nothing to do with the thread topic..

that's wassup either way queens still got the best rappers..still run dmc (i shouldnt even have to explain what they did for d for hip hop),ll cool j(the first successful solo rapper in hip hop)and kool g rap(first ny ? kickin that gritty nyc ? ) you can thanks queens for that in the 80s..juice crew was the, in the 80's, the best stable of rappers nyc had to offer and it started it queens..oh and dj marley marl ghost produces one of the GOAT hip hop albums in the 80's paid in full..so queens is killin not on the mc ? but the business ? too "queens ? run you ? ask russell simmons"..nuff said

now the 90's...queens saved new york...tribe called quest and main source was leaders in the early 90's conscious era brookly aint even have anyone cause them other cats were from long island,new rochelle... basically outside the 5 boroughs..but brooklyn wasnt even relevant till biggie came on the scene and while he was flossin and lightweight jackin the gfunk sound from the west coast QB ? like nas,mobb deep, capone n noreaga,tragedy khadafi,onyx(southside queenz)...kept it nyc gutter and maintained that ny ? and them ? responded to new york new york unlike bk ? ...

you might dislike murda inc/g unit...and 50 cent/ja rule but in the early 00's they were doing there thing and runnin ? keepin ny alive..jayz didnt cares about brooklyn much less new york and fabolous..lol..nuff said...queens is the foundation and backbone for nyc hip hop

• yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brooklyn is the Mecca and Queens is behind there.
  • zay_24
    zay_24 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭
    South Central Compton Long Beach>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>new york
  • zay_24
    zay_24 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭
    Ice Cube-Classic albums
    Eazy-classic album
    Mc Ren-One of the main writers for NWA
    Dre- Dre is dre
    Snoop-Top 10 hip hop album alltime
    The Game- Classic album
    Nate Dogg-There will NEVER be another Nate Dogg
    Warren G-Classic tracks
    Kendrick Lamar- best new lyricalist in the game
    WC-Classic tracks
    Mack 10-Same as above
    Cypress Hill-GOAT hispanic group in hip hop
    Kid Frost-Classic Tracks
    Ice T-Classics
    Mc Eiht
    DJ Quick

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Queens has more pioneering rappers.Run DMC,Nas,LL etc not to mention Russel is from Queens.BK do it's thing,but QU got them heavy hitters.W/out Run DMc what is hip hop?You got organized Konfusion,Mobb deep,Raekwon,50 cent,Ja,.Queens is big so they may have numbers,but QU got them game changers
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nas
    kool g
    LL
    Run DMC
    ATCQ
    Mobb Deep
    Cormega
    Lost Boyz
    Tragedy
    MC Shan