Lets be real Ross making it hard for Jeezy or Tip to eat right now!!!

1234568»

Comments

• georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    You see Brutha Gee many of the G-Unit whites are obsessed with record-sales because 50-Cent brainwashed them to be that way.

It's rumored that 85% of the people who buy HipHop albums are white.
    it's a fact that Black people are only 12% of the United States population.

....I guess Gospel music will never outsell Country music with those demographics lolol.

Many whites brag about the fact that Insane Clown Posse have platinum solo albums and Rakim doesn't have a platinum solo album.

I saw one white-skinned fellow bragging about how Vanilla Ice went diamond with one rap album and Common has never even been platinum once with 10 albums.

The Roots have been on Def Jam since 2006 and dropped 5 critically acclaimed albums that haven't gone platinum but us Black folks are too busy enjoying the music to worry about them going platinum, we just want that uncut dope without the POP cut on it.

Ricky Rozay's "Rich Forever" is the only mix tape on DatPiff to be downloaded over 1million times, he went past LiL Wayne and all them, and he knows the people he caters his music to are the minority and don't have a lot of disposable income but he gave us some quality free music without the ? /emo/euro/weirdo/techno ? that's been dominating the game lately.

smh i know i know woodface got da muuunkeecracka-unit loverz thinkIN sellz is everythang & now that ? is bitin him n da azz but this ? is gettin stupid cuz again da mo recordz u sell da whiter ya fanbase is & rozay dont cater 2 them so of course hez neva been platinum yes jeezy & ti have both been platinum but they both sold out kissin white azz & ross has yet 2 do that & ? platinum if thatz wat ross gotta do suck a racist crackaz ? like FEMINEM,.,.
    Only losers gotta change the rules to get over.

And I dont have to pander to racial sentiments to get my point across. Facts are facts. All that other ? you sprinkle into your debates is pure politics.

who is changin da rulez itz a fact da mo recordz u sell da whiter ya fanbase is & this is white emerica so RACE is alwayz gonna b a ISSUE!

People are just ignorant and misinformed...50-Cent taught them to obsess over platinum but his last album didn't go platinum and he hasn't been platinum in the last 5 years (2007-Curtis).

50-Cent wanted to go platinum so bad and so desperately that on his album "Curtis" he used 3 white males (Robin Thicke, Emenim, Justin Timberlake) and Nicole Sherzinger from The ? Cat Dolls......sure he was able to go Platinum but he paid the price for it because now he can't even get a buzz heavy enough to have his label believe in him as an artist.

By blatantly pandering and catering to the POP crowd and the white buying demographic 50-Cent alienated the few stragglers left in his core fan base and Rozay took advantage of this and put the final nail in his coffin.

Look at the pathetic Gayme who had to throw Nelly Furtado on his Red-Album...

T.I. throwing Chistina Aguleira on his joint
    Lupe throwing Hayley Williams on his joint
    B.O.B throwing Taylor Swift on his joint...lol

White Pop ? ....seriously?

Gucci ? throwing V-Nasty on his joint
    2-Chainz throwing Kreayshawn on his joint......

They want to strip the culture of it's Blackness and it's Manhood and turn it into some Hipster-hop Pop ish that mirrors the consumer instead of mirroring our community just so they can sell some extra records. Sad ain't it?

Out of curiosity, what do you think of these collaborations:

Talib Kweli feat. Justin Timberlake- The Nature
    Talib Kweli feat. Norah Jones- Soon The New Day
    The Roots feat. Nelly Furtado- Sacrafice
    Rick Ross feat. Robin Thicke- Lay Back
    Ice Cube feat. Korn- F' Dyin
    DMX feat. Marilyn Manson- The Omen
    Busta Rhymes feat. Ozzy Osbourne- This Means War
    Eve feat. Gwen Stefani- Blow Ya Mind
    Eve feat. Teena Marie- Life Is So Hard
  • georgia boi
    You see Brutha Gee many of the G-Unit whites are obsessed with record-sales because 50-Cent brainwashed them to be that way.

....I guess Gospel music will never outsell Country music with those demographics lolol.

Many whites brag about the fact that Insane Clown Posse have platinum solo albums and Rakim doesn't have a platinum solo album.

I saw one white-skinned fellow bragging about how Vanilla Ice went diamond with one rap album and Common has never even been platinum once with 10 albums.

The Roots have been on Def Jam since 2006 and dropped 5 critically acclaimed albums that haven't gone platinum but us Black folks are too busy enjoying the music to worry about them going platinum, we just want that uncut dope without the POP cut on it.

Ricky Rozay's "Rich Forever" is the only mix tape on DatPiff to be downloaded over 1million times, he went past LiL Wayne and all them, and he knows the people he caters his music to are the minority and don't have a lot of disposable income but he gave us some quality free music without the ? /emo/euro/weirdo/techno ? that's been dominating the game lately.

smh i know i know woodface got da muuunkeecracka-unit loverz thinkIN sellz is everythang & now that ? is bitin him n da azz but this ? is gettin stupid cuz again da mo recordz u sell da whiter ya fanbase is & rozay dont cater 2 them so of course hez neva been platinum yes jeezy & ti have both been platinum but they both sold out kissin white azz & ross has yet 2 do that & ? platinum if thatz wat ross gotta do suck a racist crackaz ? like FEMINEM,.,.

And I dont have to pander to racial sentiments to get my point across. Facts are facts. All that other ? you sprinkle into your debates is pure politics.

who is changin da rulez itz a fact da mo recordz u sell da whiter ya fanbase is & this is white emerica so RACE is alwayz gonna b a ISSUE!

People are just ignorant and misinformed...50-Cent taught them to obsess over platinum but his last album didn't go platinum and he hasn't been platinum in the last 5 years (2007-Curtis).

50-Cent wanted to go platinum so bad and so desperately that on his album "Curtis" he used 3 white males (Robin Thicke, Emenim, Justin Timberlake) and Nicole Sherzinger from The ? Cat Dolls......sure he was able to go Platinum but he paid the price for it because now he can't even get a buzz heavy enough to have his label believe in him as an artist.

By blatantly pandering and catering to the POP crowd and the white buying demographic 50-Cent alienated the few stragglers left in his core fan base and Rozay took advantage of this and put the final nail in his coffin.

They want to strip the culture of it's Blackness and it's Manhood and turn it into some Hipster-hop Pop ish that mirrors the consumer instead of mirroring our community just so they can sell some extra records. Sad ain't it?

Before I forget, there's also these:

Common feat. John Mayer- GO
    Kanye feat. John Mayer- Bittersweet (Unreleased)
    Kanye feat. Adam Levine- Heard Em Say
    Common feat. Lily Allen- Drivin' Me Wild
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMFAO "la la la la laaaaaaaaa" BAWSE!

Lets see what these emotionally attached footshufflin sambos have to say about about this here. Come and make more illogical excuses by pretending as if Officer Ricky don't shake and break bread with white folks as we have seen demonstrated by him becoming his Masters "Whoopin Boy" keepin incarcerated black men in order.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RpKt9JAsUQ

• Washington_Red
    Washington_Red Members Posts: 255
    ^ why is this some sort of revelation?

The first 2 singles off Trilla were produced by White folks

Yall are getting sidetracked by race
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012

Lets see what these emotionally attached footshufflin sambos have to say about about this here. Come and make more illogical excuses by pretending as if Officer Ricky don't shake and break bread with white folks as we have seen demonstrated by him becoming his Masters "Whoopin Boy" keepin incarcerated black men in order.

Lemme guess, Robin Thicke ? a sista so an exception can be made, he one the cool wiggers huh? Look at Officer Ricky shower his slave master with as many black bed-wenches that he can handle. It's cool to allow white boy to treat black women like ? in a vid huh?

[code]]

• H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Other than 99% of those songs being hot garbage and flops?

Just label them by the genre that they are categorized:

Norah Jones = Jazz
    Robin Thike = Soul
    Teena Marie = Soul

The rest of those artists are Pop-artists or Rock artists and it looks like a weak attempt at cross-marketing from their labels.

That ? killed Ice Cubes career, he lost half his fan base overnight and ain't been platinum since.

The same ? happened to Public Enemy, they did a corny duet/song/video with Anthrax and lost half their fans and ain't been platinum since.....the energy was diffused.

Its kinda sad that the only relevant HipHop artist on that list is Rozay.
  • H-Rap 180

Pop artists all of them and a UK white POP chick....that's the new formula/gimmick the labels are on.

Artists have families to feed, bosses to please and expensive habits so they ? around with POP acts because they going Diamond like Emenim just on beats and rhymes alone.

Why didn't you include Emenim feat Pink.

• H-Rap 180
    ^ why is this some sort of revelation?

The first 2 singles off Trilla were produced by White folks

Yall are getting sidetracked by race

You are using lies and misinformation, J.R. Rotem is an Israeli, white folks like Adolph ? would have put him in an oven.

The Runners are a production team of one caucasion and one brother.

But your post has nothing to do with rappers using white POP artists on their albums to cater and pander to the buying demographic.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Yall got too sidetracked with this race ? Jesus Christ.
  • StoneColdMikey
    Why should someone be worried bout who another person works with as long as they support their family? and if you don't like it dont listen to it simple as that.
  • Washington_Red
    So Jews w/ blue eyes arent White people now?

You live in a fascinating world of creative ethnicity accounting.

Let's stick to facts. JR Rotem is White and he produced The Boss.

The Runners produced Speedin. One of the two producers who make up The Runners is White.
  • H-Rap 180
    edited March 2012
    skooby2315 wrote: »

Tell us the posts that have you frustrated.

Show us the origin of race being discussed in this thread and explain the correlation it has in a discussion about the direction of HipHop.
  • StoneColdMikey

Show us the origin of race being discussed in this thread and explain the correlation it had in a discussion about the direction of HipHop.

i just don't think it should be a problem if a person wants to work with anybody, its their music
  • Washington_Red

Show us the origin of race being discussed in this thread and explain the correlation it had in a discussion about the direction of HipHop.

i just don't think it should be a problem if a person wants to work with anybody, its their music

My poor brotha. You've obviously been whitewashed by the G-unit Whites.
  • StoneColdMikey

My poor brotha. You've obviously been whitewashed by the G-unit Whites.

sarcasm?
  • H-Rap 180

I don't see a problem either, people do what they have to do to survive.

What if Lupe Fiasco doesn't want to include a song with Matt Mahaffey on his album but Atlantic says that he has to because they need to make a profit and by putting more white artists on the project they can sell it as Hip-POP instead of just HipHop and increase it's sales.

What if Too-Short wants to make a conscious album and his Master tells him "NO", is it still Too Shorts music or is it the labels music and Too Short is just their ? ?

Rap is a hustle and I can only admire and respect how some of these rap-hustlers target naive fans by using demographic and cross-marketing formulas that teams of A&R's sit around tables and discuss and the outcome sounds so forced and awkward but on paper it looks good. LOL

• georgia boi

Pop artists all of them and a UK white POP chick....that's the new formula/gimmick the labels are on.

Artists have families to feed, bosses to please and expensive habits so they ? around with POP acts because they going Diamond like Emenim just on beats and rhymes alone.

How is this a new formula, if artists have been doing this?

You answered your own question as to why Em's collab with Pink wasn't included. If according to you, Em goes Platinum just on beats and rhymes alone, why does he have to resort to the "new formula"?
  • georgia boi

Norah Jones = Jazz
    Robin Thike = Soul
    Teena Marie = Soul

The rest of those artists are Pop-artists or Rock artists and it looks like a weak attempt at cross-marketing from their labels.

That ? killed Ice Cubes career, he lost half his fan base overnight and ain't been platinum since.

The same ? happened to Public Enemy, they did a corny duet/song/video with Anthrax and lost half their fans and ain't been platinum since.....the energy was diffused.

Weak attempt at cross-marketing or did they really want to work with those artists?

I could see how that argument could made in the case of The Roots/Nelly Furtado track b/c they were labelmates at the time. Interscope gets to introduce The Roots to Nelly's audience and vice versa. In fact, she was also on Ms. Jade's album that year too and it was a single. Same with the Eve/Gwen Stefani track.
  • 704Hustla
    704Hustla Members Posts: 838 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    lm

Norah Jones = Jazz
    Robin Thike = Soul
    Teena Marie = Soul

lol..you funny..you talk ? about white rappers but then turn around a give rozay a pass cause he did a track with a white soul singer..jazz and soul are also separate genre's you don't think they was cross marketing to that?..lol..you just manipulating ? to push your own agenda

and bigger lol @ ice cube's career being killed..the ? was just a wack song but war & peace vol.1 was a wack album he bounced back right after that get ya facts right

lmao @ the bolded..that rozay stannery makin you look dumb...? just said rozay the only the relevant one on that list
  • H-Rap 180
    704Hustla wrote: »
    lm

Norah Jones = Jazz
    Robin Thike = Soul
    Teena Marie = Soul

lol..you funny..you talk ? about white rappers but then turn around a give rozay a pass cause he did a track with a white soul singer..jazz and soul are also separate genre's you don't think they was cross marketing to that?..lol..you just manipulating ? to push your own agenda

and bigger lol @ ice cube's career being killed..the ? was just a wack song but war & peace vol.1 was a wack album he bounced back right after that get ya facts right

lmao @ the bolded..that rozay stannery makin you look dumb...? just said rozay the only the relevant one on that list

No need to call people "? ".....ant you that Emenim kid that Stans for Horrorcore?

LOL you funny because I talk ? about Black rappers but you wouldn't notice because you too busy looking out for white folks.

Are you too stupid to recognize the difference between the Pop Charts & the R&B/Soul charts?

Most people are too stupid to tell the difference between a POP artist like Justin Timberlake and a Soul artist like Jon B., because they dont have a clue about what different demographics each of those artists represents in terms of the majority consumers who buy their product. Ignorance is why people may think that cross-marketing in the Soul/R&B genre is equal to cross-marketing in the POP genre.

People that stupid probally believe that The Roots and The Black eyed Peas are in the same genre.

People that are ignorant or clueless may also believe that Mary J Blige and Skylar Grey represent the same musical genre.

When you get your facts straight come back and tell us what Ice Cubes last platinum album was and what his worst album was.

I already can tell you are ignorant but you might be brain-damaged or ? if you think any of those HipHop artist on that list that was made are having any type of mainstream success with the exception of Busta Rhymes who has had moderate succes with his new label situation and a single.

• H-Rap 180
    edited March 2012

[/quote]

[/quote]

Norah Jones = Jazz
    Robin Thike = Soul
    Teena Marie = Soul

[/quote]

Weak attempt at cross-marketing or did they really want to work with those artists?

I could see how that argument could made in the case of The Roots/Nelly Furtado track b/c they were labelmates at the time. Interscope gets to introduce The Roots to Nelly's audience and vice versa. In fact, she was also on Ms. Jade's album that year too and it was a single. Same with the Eve/Gwen Stefani track. [/quote]

It's not about who you want to work with when you are signed to a label, most times it's about who the mad-scientists who crunch numbers and value profit accept you working with.

You really think Nas wanted to have a song like "Hero" with Keri Hilson on "Untittled" or was that Def Jam saying they needed a radio song to help promote a project that would be difficult to market due to it's subject matter?

You think 50-Cent did that ? magazine cover with Soulja Boy out of love or was it Jimmy Iovine trying to salvage two of his negros popularity with some shrewd demographics exchange with the young and the old?

I done interned, I know about politics that the average fan doesn't know about.

Remember when Mobb Deep did "Hey Lover" with 112? Where did their careers go after that?

Poor Kurrupt did that godawful song "It's Over" with Blaque and now he's back to stealing hub-caps.

The most blatant and pathetic attempt at tomfoolery was Games "Red Album" it was a mishmash of desperate demographical pandering almost to the degree that it felt like a parody. Beanie Sigel, Nelly Furtado, and Tyler the Creater on the same album...that's some Bi-polar ? that sounded forced and contrived and the sales reflected that and the criticism reflected that.

YMCMB the modern-day Village-People who have mastered a formula that people are still to blind to see.

You see Brutha Gee many of the G-Unit whites are obsessed with record-sales because 50-Cent brainwashed them to be that way.M

You answered your own question as to why Em's collab with Pink wasn't included. If according to you, Em goes Platinum just on beats and rhymes alone, why does he have to resort to the "new formula"?

I don't know what formula you are talking about but the one I was sharing with my brother was the new gimmick to throw a white POP ? on every other HipHop song or co-sign a white rap ? to give them streetcred in exchange for some cross-marketing opportunities.....

So if you can show me another era in HipHop were Skylar Greys were getting nominated for hooks on HipHop songs then feel free to do so. You went on some off-topic rambling that didn't have anything to do with the conversation that you jumped in because you gave a bunch of examples that didn't have anything to do with the convo or the list I shared with my brother.

I'm talking about POP ? and here you come talking about Ozzy Osbourne and you got the other nut job telling me that DmX and Ice Cube are somehow relevant to the discussion.

So next time you come behind me and make a list do like I did and list the POP chicks and include Pink like I suggested or you will only confuse clueless onlookers who lack the comprehension to see what was meant to be said.
  • georgia boi
    edited March 2012

[/quote]

Norah Jones = Jazz
    Robin Thike = Soul
    Teena Marie = Soul

[/quote]

I could see how that argument could made in the case of The Roots/Nelly Furtado track b/c they were labelmates at the time. Interscope gets to introduce The Roots to Nelly's audience and vice versa. In fact, she was also on Ms. Jade's album that year too and it was a single. Same with the Eve/Gwen Stefani track. [/quote]

It's not about who you want to work with when you are signed to a label, most times it's about who the mad-scientists who crunch numbers and value profit accept you working with.

You really think Nas wanted to have a song like "Hero" with Keri Hilson on "Untittled" or was that Def Jam saying they needed a radio song to help promote a project that would be difficult to market due to it's subject matter?

You think 50-Cent did that ? magazine cover with Soulja Boy out of love or was it Jimmy Iovine trying to salvage two of his negros popularity with some shrewd demographics exchange with the young and the old?

I done interned, I know about politics that the average fan doesn't know about.

Remember when Mobb Deep did "Hey Lover" with 112? Where did their careers go after that?

Poor Kurrupt did that godawful song "It's Over" with Blaque and now he's back to stealing hub-caps.

The most blatant and pathetic attempt at tomfoolery was Games "Red Album" it was a mishmash of desperate demographical pandering almost to the degree that it felt like a parody. Beanie Sigel, Nelly Furtado, and Tyler the Creater on the same album...that's some Bi-polar ? that sounded forced and contrived and the sales reflected that and the criticism reflected that.

YMCMB the modern-day Village-People who have mastered a formula that people are still to blind to see.

You see Brutha Gee many of the G-Unit whites are obsessed with record-sales because 50-Cent brainwashed them to be that way.M

I don't know what formula you are talking about but the one I was sharing with my brother was the new gimmick to throw a white POP ? on every other HipHop song or co-sign a white rap ? to give them streetcred in exchange for some cross-marketing opportunities.....

So if you can show me another era in HipHop were Skylar Greys were getting nominated for hooks on HipHop songs then feel free to do so. You went on some off-topic rambling that didn't have anything to do with the conversation that you jumped in because you gave a bunch of examples that didn't have anything to do with the convo or the list I shared with my brother.

I'm talking about POP ? and here you come talking about Ozzy Osbourne and you got the other nut job telling me that DmX and Ice Cube are somehow relevant to the discussion.

So next time you come behind me and make a list do like I did and list the POP chicks and include Pink like I suggested or you will only confuse clueless onlookers who lack the comprehension to see what was meant to be said.

You are backtracking. You were the one who first mentioned this "new formula". My list really had nothing to do with a formula. I was merely posing a question which you could have opted not to answer.

You also mentioned Pop acts in general, did you not?

My whole point in even making the list is that there has always been some kind of pattern or "formula" in Hip Hop. Whether it was intentional or unintentional has yet to be seen. Someone could easily say that labels set it up so that three prominent late 1998 releases would feature white Rock acts, could they not? Eve, The Roots, Missy Elliott and Ms. Jade all had either Gwen Stefani or Nelly Furtado on their albums back in '02.

That's not to say that everyone of the collaborations is some idea by label heads. Artists have mutual respect for each other's music and they collaborate organically.
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RpKt9JAsUQ

lol@ officer ricky...damn white boy ya so lame dont u know that this 1 pik...

rick-ross-and-Dr-Dre-e1327944520314.jpg

of WOODFACEZ BAWSE ? AZZ DRE @ da BAWSEZ birthday killz all that officer ricky white boy ? & ya lame sig cuz ? azz dre came 2 ross birthday party 2 give rozay a WATCH fa defeatin his out controll wild muuunkee & woodface was runnin around n a wig rockin ringz on his middle finger lookin like a MUUUUNKee trickin on ross SLOPPY 2NDZ buyin fur coatz & gettin ross sloppy 2ndz a ggggay-unit book deal that GGGG-UFLOP;D lol.,..
  • CokeWaveyEther
    CokeWaveyEther Members Posts: 87
    aside from a few tracks, Ross is garbage.