Creating my own online television channel

Options
Mally_G
Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in IllTek
Are there any online sites that will allow a user to post television shows and other broadcasted programs without the legal restrictions and other federal BS?

I want to create my own online channel so when I go on trips out of the country, I can simply go to my site and watch whatever I have loaded for view at those times?

I just dont' want to have the channel crushed by the strong arm of the law.

Comments

• powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Do you mean like the microsoft commercial when the family is sitting in the airport and their flight gets delayed so they say, "to the cloud." and watch tv they have saved at home. Although, that's not what the "cloud" is, you can get a dvr and host your shows on there and watch them from anywhere. You can also get a site and password protect it and use the new html5 to play it. You can always have your own little repository to host your .mp4's or .avi's. idk maybe a sopcast channel would work as well.
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Do you mean like the microsoft commercial when the family is sitting in the airport and their flight gets delayed so they say, "to the cloud." and watch tv they have saved at home. Although, that's not what the "cloud" is, you can get a dvr and host your shows on there and watch them from anywhere. You can also get a site and password protect it and use the new html5 to play it. You can always have your own little repository to host your .mp4's or .avi's. idk maybe a sopcast channel would work as well.

I haven't seen the MS Cloud commercial, I'll check it out and see if that's what I'm looking for, even though I don't have a DV-R and upgraded hardware to have access to anything while abroad.

im not too tech savvy when it comes to these sorts of things, but I know about sites like JustinTV and sites like that. I already had a run-in with JTV on some other ? , so I'm not their friend right now. But along those lines of a website where I can upload several hours of material and have it play on a schedule throughout the day, week, and month.

And I want to do this without getting smashed by the feds.
  • northwest443
    northwest443 Members Posts: 589
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Veetle is cool. It is still in the beta stages and has been for a while but they are your bet shot and video quality is great...But you still have to deal with restrictions just not as much as JTV or Ustream
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Right now Blogtv.com is your best choice. JTV and USTREAM both got restricted as ? . Then again you could start your own site, but if you're streaming someone elses content you might want to keep that ? underground.
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Create a pesonal website or an blog and add a video player or upload the videos to youtube and add them to the site.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember OVNTV was popping a few years ago, its definitely something I'd want to do too