Chuck D "Jay Z And Kanye West's Bases Are "Corrupt To Rap"

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    * Afrika Bambaat been ? with electronic music
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    flavor flav opening another chicken joint in Vegas. jus thought i would add that lil bit of info
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why it's so hard for people to both like Jay-Z and Kanye and also agree with what Chuck D was saying.

It's like they think "damn i'm not gonna read all that and i'm sure as hell not gonna comprehend it so I'll just skim it and then have the same argument i always have about some almost totally unrelated ? "
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    1. "No Church in the Wild" (featuring Frank Ocean) produced by 88-Keys, Kanye West, Mike Dean
    2. "Lift Off" (featuring Beyoncé) produced by Kanye West, Jeff Bhasker, Mike Dean, Q-Tip (co.), Pharrell (co.), Don Jazzy
    3. "? in Paris" produced by Hit-Boy, Kanye West, Mike Dean, Anthony Kilhoffer
    4. "Otis" (featuring Otis Redding) produced by Kanye West
    5. "Gotta Have It" produced by The Neptunes, Kanye West
    6. "New Day" produced by Kanye West, RZA, Mike Dean, Ken Lewis
    7. "That’s My ? " produced by Kanye West, Q-Tip, Jeff Bhasker
    9. "Who Gon Stop Me" produced by Shama "Sak Pase" Joseph, Kanye West, Mike Dean
    10. "Murder to Excellence" produced by 'Murder' produced by Swizz Beatz 'Excellence' produced by S1
    11. "Made in America" (featuring Frank Ocean) produced by Shama "Sak Pase" Joseph, Mike Dean
    12. "Why I Love You" (featuring Mr Hudson) produced by Mike Dean, Kanye West, Anthony Kilhoffer

BONUS
    13. "Illest ? Alive" produced by Southside, Kanye West, Mike Dean
    14. "H•A•M" produced by Lex Luger, Kanye West (co.), Mike Dean
    15. "Primetime" produced by No I.D.
    16. "The Joy" (featuring Curtis Mayfield) produced by Pete Rock, Kanye West, Mike Dean, Jeff Bhasker

Jay-Z-Kanye-Watch-The-Throne-015.jpg
    Dedicated an entire album to Europe? Album full of dubstep electronic music? Let's just ignore the Otis Redding, James Brown, and Curtis Mayfield samples while we're at it.

And here's the European crackkka Haitian American that produced the dubstep song "Who Gon Stop Me"
    shama-joseph-rihanna-man-down-producer.jpg
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i love the IC lol
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    flavor flav opening another chicken joint in Vegas. jus thought i would add that lil bit of info

1.) "No Church in the Wild" contains samples from "K Scope" as performed by
    Phil Manzanera,
    phil.jpg

2.) "No Church in the Wild" contains a sample from "Sunshine Help Me" as performed by Spooky Tooth.

spooky-tooth.jpg

3.) "Who Gon Stop Me" contains samples from "I Can't Stop" as performed by
    Flux Pavilion.
    p00mw80w_640_360.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1326974966724

4.) "Murder to Excellence" contains samples from "La La La" as performed by
    Indiggo

l.jpg

5.) "Why I Love You" contains samples from "I Love You So" as performed by
    Cassius.

cassius2.jpg

• Garv*
    Garv* Members Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    See dude, you are reaching the level of hyperbole now and lol at you still can't stick to the real topic, which lets me know you're not intelligent enough to have a real argument.

How is a song like Murder to Excellence, That's my ? , No church in the wild, Who gone stop me,etc dedicated to Europeans. You clearly aren't listening to the lyrics, "racks on racks on racks, who in that just BLACKS ON BLACKS ON BLACKS"

Then again, people like ya'll live off exaggerations and pandering to weak minded people with your pseudo pride ? . Same ? how hate groups operate, you work on extreme thinking and recruit people from the fringe.

Murder to excellence is the only song.
  • H-Rap 180
    edited March 2012
    Turfaholic wrote: »

DESIGNER OF the Album cover for "WTT" and the two singles cover for "Watch the Throne", Europeon designer for Givenchy..Ricardo Tisci

riccardo-tisci01.jpg

cover.jpg

Kanye-West-x-Jay-Z-H.A.M.jpeg

kanye_west-jay_z-otis-single_cover.jpg

kanye_west_et_riccardo_tisci_598988282_north_545x.jpg

Thats the Europeon artwork associated with the album

• ol_buddy
    ol_buddy Members Posts: 293 ✭✭
    I see great points being made but why do yall continue debating back and forth (usmarine / hrap)? Do either of u really feel u have the chance of swaying the other's opinions even a little?
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ol_buddy wrote: »
    I see great points being made but why do yall continue debating back and forth (usmarine / hrap)? Do either of u really feel u have the chance of swaying the other's opinions even a little?

its man's nature to express their opinion and for the other party to understand their point.
  • H-Rap 180
    edited March 2012
    Garv* wrote: »
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    See dude, you are reaching the level of hyperbole now and lol at you still can't stick to the real topic, which lets me know you're not intelligent enough to have a real argument.

How is a song like Murder to Excellence, That's my ? , No church in the wild, Who gone stop me,etc dedicated to Europeans. You clearly aren't listening to the lyrics, "racks on racks on racks, who in that just BLACKS ON BLACKS ON BLACKS"

Then again, people like ya'll live off exaggerations and pandering to weak minded people with your pseudo pride ? . Same ? how hate groups operate, you work on extreme thinking and recruit people from the fringe.

Murder to excellence is the only song.

Wait Brother Garv we got guests on this album:

kanye-mr-hudson.jpg

The Europeon Mr Hudson was on "Why I Love You".

Elly-Jackson2_0.jpg

..and lets not forget that the Europeon Elly Jackson was on "Thats my ? ".

But this RAP/HipHop album aint got no Euro-Vibe according to the House-? & his Master....its all a figment of our imagination.....I only dropped 7 Europeon artists and 3 album/single covers designed by a Europeon to support my theory.....shall I proceed?????

• SlickestR
    SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You ? are stripping down everything to make your point acceptable.
  • SlickestR
    if a black rapper even looks to collab a white artist... some of these ? be like

"he sold out, look he's catering to the EURO-RAP, this ? forgot his roots and everything that blacks been through"

hahahaha
  • H-Rap 180
    ol_buddy wrote: »

Hes not on my level.

Im an African-American you seen my face and heard my voice, Im a B-Boy, a DJ, a Producer, a studio-rat, a HipHp Historian, a 2nd generation Hip-Hopper and a real muthafucka and I be damn if I let some bootleg-imposter ? run his raggedy mouth on me without retaliation.

I dont need to sway a sucka's opinion but I want my brothers to see the difference between a House-? and a MAN.

Id rather be burnt at the stake before id admit to strangers that I let my Black sister get gang-? , Id rather be crucified before I hibernated on a rap forum with 25K posts in a sub-forum for the "Grown & Sexy", Id rather be lynched before I chose JayZ as my Lord and Savior, and id eat a bullet before Id raise my voice at H-Rap knowing damn well he going to break my spine, crush my spirit and ether my Soul every time I breathe Gods air for having the audacity to type my name out of turn.

House-? better kiss-my-fist, and recognize the error in his ways.......
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    waterproof wrote: »
    Bruh The Bomb Squad didn't loop productions they was the master of chopping up samples to creat a new song they will have 20 samples chopped up on one song and you wouldnt even hear it.

So? We all know Kanye chop samples. And The Bomb Squad used loops too. Word to "? Ya Love To Hate", "Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos", etc. Hell, every sample based hip-hop producer uses loops AND chops. That's why I said it was ? . Chuck was hatin'. It was like when Dr. J caught feelings about the Sixers knocking the team he assistant coached out of the playoffs and told the media that Iverson was "just a streetballer".
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    waterproof wrote: »
    Bruh The Bomb Squad didn't loop productions they was the master of chopping up samples to creat a new song they will have 20 samples chopped up on one song and you wouldnt even hear it.

So? We all know Kanye chop samples. And The Bomb Squad used loops too. Word to "? Ya Love To Hate", "Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos", etc. Hell, every sample based hip-hop producer uses loops AND chops. That's why I said it was ? . Chuck was hatin'. It was like when Dr. J caught feelings about the Sixers knocking the team he assistant coached out of the playoffs and told the media that Iverson was "just a streetballer".

Naw maye, ? you Love to hate had 4 samples chopped up, 3 samples chopped up on Black Steel, a loop is what Puffy was doing with after Biggie Died, he was loopin his ass off with mase like mase song Feels SO Good that was a loop.

Now production wise i am a fan of kanye and he used to chop samples and put them in his beats he made from scratch but lately his ass got lazy and straight looping
  • H-Rap 180
    edited March 2012
    SlickestR wrote: »
    if a black rapper even looks to collab a white artist... some of these ? be like

"he sold out, look he's catering to the EURO-RAP, this ? forgot his roots and everything that blacks been through"

hahahaha

I kinda get the hunch that you are a white boy.."? " huh???

Aint nobody said nothing about being a sellout so you can ? your insecurities or tricknology.

Paul Wall, Joss Stone, Teena Marie, Robin Thicke, & Jon B can collab alll damn day long and Black folks LOVE IT! Because them dudes/chicks paid dues and got SOUL...we accept them and respect them.

But every CRACKA gets hyper-sensitive when a Black man points out the fact that certain Negroes go out of their way to pander and cater to crackas on that SOULLESS Euro ? that you think is so unique.

I sympathize with the outsiders that want so badly to belong that they ignore 99 signs of how slick rappers trick they hoe-ass into supporting them.

them. [/quote]

don't call me a white boy... because you feel like two of the most popular rappers in hip hop only want to expand their horizons and career.

and what if they did... why are you going to ? and cry when there's ? out here still in their communities of america
    REALLY helping out the black communities.

Like is every successful black person to come out of america should be segregated from whites just because for whatever reason they're scared of selling out?

i think ? like you are the type to pull ? back when they see better opportunities with different people.
    [/quote]

Answer the question are you white? Are you calling me a "? " because I pointed out that two of the most popular rappers in HipHop made a rap album that caters to Europeons or are you calling me a "? " because you are blogging anonymously from behind the safety of the Internet and can get away with it?

You gonna ? and cry every time somebody criticizes the musical direction of rappers that cater and pander to you?

I think crackas like you are the type that only support rappers that make crackas a part of their music.
  • H-Rap 180
    SlickestR wrote: »
    You ? are stripping down everything to make your point acceptable.
    You Crackas cant see the truth because you dont know ? about the music.

• SlickestR
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »

I kinda get the hunch that you are a white boy.."? " huh???

Aint nobody said nothing about being a sellout so you can ? your insecurities or tricknology.

Paul Wall, Joss Stone, Teena Marie, Robin Thicke, & Jon B can collab alll damn day long and Black folks LOVE IT! Because them dudes/chicks paid dues and got SOUL...we accept them and respect them.

But every CRACKA like your cracka-ass gets hyper-sensitive when a Black man points out the fact that certain Negroes go out of their way to pander and cater to your grafted/recessive ass on that SOULLESS Euro ? that you cave-monkeys think is so unique.

I sympathize with the outsiders that want so badly to belong that they ignore 99 signs of how slick rappers trick they hoe-ass into supporting them.

don't call me a white boy... because you feel like two of the most popular rappers in hip hop only want to expand their horizons and career.

and what if they did... why are you going to ? and cry when there's ? out here still in their communities of america
    REALLY helping out the black communities.

Like is every successful black person to come out of america should be segregated from whites just because for whatever reason they're scared of selling out?

i think ? like you are the type to pull ? back when they see better opportunities with different people.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    people flaggin posters for the use of cracka but i bet the same person has the word ? in his daily vocabulary
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow and smh @ the abuse of the flag option because feelings are being caught...that's why there's a feelings option as well..duh!
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the hell I get quoted for?

lol

but very entertaining thread.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i just read this thread. hilarious
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    smh@ when jay decided it would be cool to grow them peas on his ? head lookin like a old ass hipster...
  • supersajinfo
    supersajinfo Members Posts: 461 ✭✭
    Has their been an attempt to defang rap and make it harmless and undercut its potential yes.Lately have big name rappers been cosigning whie artist for the sake of them being white ?Yes .Have Kanye and Jay made a push toward a more pop sound ? Yes Can rap reach international heights while keeping its integrity ? Yes ( look at the eu seen these guys are diehard heads they don't need to be pandered too by jay and ye) .Should the brothers in the IC learn to build with each other and dialogue and exchange lessons from their schools of thought ?yes

When successful black artist see the community fall on hard times they drop songs to uplift the people see Marvin Gaye,James Brown,Stevie wonder it comes with the territory even in this day in age it's still important .I know we don't like the whole dual consciousness of being black and famous but at the same time these same people are your core foundation and your people.Its a touchy subject .If you can't celebrate your success and uplift your people you can have a throne but you will have no kingdom.
This discussion has been closed.