Which record label had the better run, Death Row, Bad Boy, No Limit, Cash Money or Roc-A-Fella??

Comments

• Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad Boy had ? on lock and was on the way to GOAT status but now their entire roster is dead or insane smh
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a_list wrote: »
    imma go with either dr or badboy.....cant forget about ruff ryders and the roc tho......when you really think about this ? look at cats like snoop, dmx, diddy and jay-z now compare them to others labels highest sellers and its no comp......in 98-99 dmx sold like 10 mill alone, that chumps wayne, drake nikkki and whoever else cashmoney released in the past few years
    Yeah, but also when you look at Ruff Ryders, DMX was the only one doing those type of numbers aside from Eve. Cash Money has had a few artists go Platinum plus more than once.

cant believe im discussing sales..this is only because we're talking about run.....bottom line is eve was doing what wayne is doing....kiss was doing damn near what nikki and drake are doing.....x blows them out the water....what aint you seeing sun....
    Lol now you exaggerating. Eve never sold like Lil Wayne. Carter 3 and Carter 4 alone >>> Eve's total sales. Kiss' most popular album took like a year to sell 1 million. Drake & Nicki do that in 2 months.

Only thing they have over them is X, but Juvenile + Lil Wayne make up for that.

might be exaggerating a lil but yo...the lox as a group had i think 2 gold ones.....styles p had a gold kiss with at least plat and gold, think eve went double twice and a gold and then the x factor.....and whether it took a year or a week it is what it is.....let me get off of this sales ? though....that aint even what i'm about
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eve has 3 platinum plaques and a gold...
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1998: 400 Degreez - Juvenile (4x Platinum)
    1999: Chopper City in the Ghetto - B.G. (Platinum)
    1999: Guerrilla Warfare - Hot Boys (Platinum)
    1999: Tha G-Code - Juvenile (Platinum)
    1999: Tha Block is Hot - Lil Wayne (Platinum)
    2000: I Got That Work - Big Tymers (Platinum)
    2000: Checkmate - B.G. (Gold)
    2000: Lights Out - Lil Wayne (Gold)
    2000: Baller Blockin' (soundtrack) - Cash Money Millionaires (Gold)
    2001: Project English - Juvenile (Gold)
    2002: Birdman - Birdman (Gold)
    2002: Hood Rich - Big Tymers (Platinum)
    2002: 500 Degreez - Lil Wayne (Gold)
    2003: Big Money Heavyweight - Big Tymers (Gold)
    2003: Juve the Great - Juvenile (Platinum)
    2004: Tha Carter - Lil Wayne (Gold)
    2005: Tha Carter II - Lil Wayne (Platinum)
    2006: Like Father, Like Son - Birdman & Lil Wayne (Gold)
    2008: Tha Carter III - Lil Wayne (3x Platinum)
    2009: So Far Gone - Drake (Gold)
    2009: We Are Young Money - Young Money (Gold)
    2010: Rebirth - Lil Wayne (Gold)
    2010: Thank Me Later - Drake (Platinum)
    2010: Pink Friday - Nicki Minaj (Platinum)
    2011: Tha Carter IV - Lil Wayne (2xPlatinum)
    2011: Take Care - Drake (Platinum)

ruff ryders ain't ? with this
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hood Rich went Platnum??

I hated that ? lol...? slept on Checkmate doe...
  • BackInWhite
    checkmate was the ?
    that's the album that really made me appreciate Mannie Fresh
    that song that went "i'm a animal in the jungle so ya better beware..." with the ? jungle and animal sounds in the background was so ? cinematic and atmospheric
    ? felt like a ? was really in the jungle or somethin
    like a ? just stepped outta jumanji or some ?
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gunslinger and if this ? did was my ? off that checkmate!!! Very slept on album, that & lights out by Wayne.
  • young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    checkmate was the ?
    that's the album that really made me appreciate Mannie Fresh
    that song that went "i'm a animal in the jungle so ya better beware..." with the ? jungle and animal sounds in the background was so ? cinematic and atmospheric
    ? felt like a ? was really in the jungle or somethin
    like a ? just stepped outta jumanji or some ?

I loved that album, although it was kinda dark, I think B.G. was on that end heavy when he did this one.
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    This ? Die BG shows of his storytelling skills

Press One >>>>>

my ? ...
  • BackInWhite
    This ? Die BG shows of his storytelling skills

Press One >>>>>

bg storytelling was off the charts on that album
    remember 'problems'?
    "he shittin, he ? , he eatin all for free, he ain't cleanin behind his self, he think this the double tree"
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didnt like Checkmate as much... Gunslinger was tight tho
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Cash Money had the best run when it comes to sales and longevity.
  • moyo
    Ruff Ryders had a lil run from like 99-01, but they fell off fast and was nowhere near Death row, No Limit, Cash money, Bad Boy, or Roc-A-Fella status. G-Unit had a way longer run than RR did.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    death row

this cash money ? only has two of the original ppl LOL
  • BackInWhite
    death row

this cash money ? only has two of the original ppl LOL

actually they have none of the original artists but ALL of the original CEOs
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad Boy...because they ? everyone of their artists and fooled the world with non singing ass group, Total...
  • moyo
    ? is turning this into a lifetime achievement award thread, even tho I clearly said from 1993-2003,2004. Smh Because as we all know ever since 2005 album sales and music quality has went to ? .
  • Dr.Chemix
    ? I know what you said, but I said what I felt...
  • slickrik23
    slickrik23 Members Posts: 4
    Cash Money is the only argument you could make against Death Row b/c it had 2 runs. Best run is 93-96 Death Row. 8 albums, all multi-platinum, 3 top 10 hip hop artists of all time.....during a very strong era of hip hop in terms of sales & overall quality, there wasn't any real competition for them.
  • moyo
    I hear ya fool. Jus makin sure ? was payin attention.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited March 2012
    TheIraq wrote: »
    imma go with either dr or badboy.....cant forget about ruff ryders and the roc tho......when you really think about this ? look at cats like snoop, dmx, diddy and jay-z now compare them to others labels highest sellers and its no comp......in 98-99 dmx sold like 10 mill alone, that chumps wayne, drake nikkki and whoever else cashmoney released in the past few years
    Yeah, but also when you look at Ruff Ryders, DMX was the only one doing those type of numbers aside from Eve. Cash Money has had a few artists go Platinum plus more than once.

cant believe im discussing sales..this is only because we're talking about run.....bottom line is eve was doing what wayne is doing....kiss was doing damn near what nikki and drake are doing.....x blows them out the water....what aint you seeing sun....
    Lol now you exaggerating. Eve never sold like Lil Wayne. Carter 3 and Carter 4 alone >>> Eve's total sales. Kiss' most popular album took like a year to sell 1 million. Drake & Nicki do that in 2 months.

Only thing they have over them is X, but Juvenile + Lil Wayne make up for that.

Crakas was buyin those albums
    Crakka sales count too shrug.gif:(
  • Dr.Chemix
  • moyo
    Yes indeed they were. No limit and Cash Money got the whole nation lookin down south and tryin to steal our swagger and our sound. Them boys made history, but Death Row came out doin major #'s too. When Deathbrow did it back in the early 90's we hadn't never seen no ish like that before.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Hood Rich went Platnum??

I hated that ? lol...? slept on Checkmate doe...

Hood Rich was the first CMR album to ever debut at #1