Police: abuse of power

Amotekun
Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2012 in The Social Lounge
Something needs to be done about the police. A balance of power needs to be installed, a citizen review board or something. This is some ? .

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh9yEZjLNERDWLZb4e

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
  • nujerz84
    edited February 2012
    Actually its not...I hate cops but pretty much the standard in this video they want ID and to know whats happen. common ? sensek, if not any ? body can walk in with no ID (pretty much asking for trouble if you dont have it going into a ? cop station) grab the form and make up a ? police complaint.

• Amotekun
    The validity of the complaint should not be determined by the same body of people to whom the complaint is filed against. it's why there is a such thing as an independent review board.

• nujerz84
    The validity of the complaint should not be determined by the same body of people to whom the complaint is filed against. it's why there is a such thing as an independent review board.

Every city especially major cities have an independent police board thats where you go...if these ? went to a regular station (they dont indicate if they just went to a station or the actuall review board office) then thats on the people not being informed.

• Amotekun
    average joe should be able to go into any police station and pick up a form. It's a piece of paper. The average person shouldn't have to get the 3rd degree for requesting a piece of information. That type of harassment is an abuse of authority. The whole ? you, that's why attitude is a general stance police take when it comes to the public. It's an us vs them mentality that puts the public in danger from law enforcers, especially Black people.
  • cobbland
    cobbland Members Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait till this summer in Chicago, when the G8 and NATO Summits kick off (May 19-21).
  • Amotekun
    Yea I know Imma miss it. I'll be in ATL prepping for a fight.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Why would you go to a police station saying you want to file a complaint on an officer?

The dude was asking for trouble.
  • Amotekun
    Why would you go to a police station saying you want to file a complaint on an officer?

The dude was asking for trouble.

The Black men and women who sat at the lunch counter in Woolworth's during the 50s and 60s were just asking for trouble as well. You can't change the status quo without asking for trouble.
  • gza82
    gza82 Members Posts: 79 ✭✭
    In a free market society there wouldn't be just one set of police. Police can afford to be abuse power because ultimately the entire police force has nothing to lose. It isn't like they can go out of business. We have options on home security devices. What if we had the ability to chose which law enforcement agency we wanted to solve our issues . Whether it be robbery, disturbance, or even murder. Just a though
  • Amotekun
    Another option is that police have to reside in the district they patrol. You can't be a cop patrolling but you live out in the boonies somewhere.
  • Washington_Red
    Washington_Red Members Posts: 255
    They need to get rid of police departments completely and let neighborhoods police themselves.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Police are cowards people. How long will it take you to admit that and deal with them accordingly? You must ? one when you can.
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Police are usually people who were bullied, picked on in their high school years. So when they get this power, they can't handle it and abuse it.
    smh@ the people sworn to protect the community.
  • Amotekun
    Police are usually people who were bullied, picked on in their high school years. So when they get this power, they can't handle it and abuse it.
    smh@ the people sworn to protect the community.

Or they were the bullies and/or jocks otherwise known as people who (PIHS) Peaked in High School
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cops just put a dude down for coming at them with a knife they hit dude 9 times supposedly. They could've just tased the dude
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    Police are worthless. I have never seen one affect my life in a positive way. They can't prevent home invaders from coming in your house. They can't prevent you from getting carjacked or robbed coming out of a grocery store. All they can do is react and way too often they react in a over the top manner towards citizens. They have no place in a society that teaches you work hard and you earn what you get. Police don't play on a even playing field. America has went through civil rights, women's rights, now immigration situations to make it a more even playing field for anyone willing to put in the work, but the police are now the one group that we must even things out with to make it a fair playing field. Until they are done away with or the laws start to punish them as severely as they do other citizens that commit crimes they must be killed.
  • Amotekun
    Police are agents of a corporate state so when they get capped I do not feel bad whatsoever.

• LOLCL
    LOLCL Members Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I think it's a little ridiculous that the opposition argument here isn't stating that there are those cops periodically who have routinely shown their department bad behavior and bad reactions to situations. In my town for instance there's 3 cops who've been convicted of sexual assault but did they lose their job? No, they just got suspended with pay for the duration of the court. The situation of these by the way were the officer following women in their patrol-car and then exposing themselves once the women arrived at their destination. That's the kind of police I don't need, I also do not need the police that rob people for drugs and money. That's another story though.
  • LOLCL
    LOLCL Members Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    heyslick wrote: »
    Police are agents of a corporate state so when they get capped I do not feel bad whatsoever.

That's the same way I feel about you and those who coexist in the radical world of e-thugs, you haven't got anything to stand on so you'll fall 4 anything.

Nah you're right, we don't have much to stand on but that isn't necessarily our fault.
  • sean177
    sean177 Members Posts: 89
    people who think that the police have the right to do WHATEVER they want just because they pass a bulls**t test and have a 2 year degree (basically 13th & 14th grade) are stupid and should immedieatly ? themselves . there problem solved
  • sean177
    sean177 Members Posts: 89
    CHURCH !! well said bruh !