is 46" enuff for a 3d led lcd tv..

TimroD
TimroD Confirm Email Posts: 1,685 ✭✭
edited April 2011 in IllTek
to really have the 3d feeling?
and would u rather aim for a plasma or a led lcd 3d tv?

Comments

• TimroD
    edited March 2011
    smh lookslike yall ic ? dont kno ? bout 3d led or plasma tvs
  • renagade410.
    renagade410. Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2011
    shouldve posted this in the arcade...illtek dont get much traffic

but led's are currently the best tvs out....it all depends on how close you sit from the tv but in general 46 is gonna be decent(even tho if u can go for a 55)

imo it goes

led>>>lcd>>>plasma>>>>>>>>>>dlp
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    TimroD wrote: »
    to really have the 3d feeling?
    and would u rather aim for a plasma or a led lcd 3d tv?

46 is a solid size. Really anything over 32" is a good size tv. But when it comes to lcd versus Plasma that comes down to resolution. If you ? with a 720 hd then plasma or lcd really makes no difference. Really the only difference between the two is how light and color is displayed. LCD is a technology where liquid crystal cells are hit with a white light and the proper color is extracted. While Plasma uses electric pulses to excite natural gases usually xenon and neon to glow and produce light.

Although technology has made both choices very close in comparison. For best quality picture for a screen that size Plasma would be your best choice.
  • kevmic
    kevmic Members Posts: 1,888 ✭✭
    edited March 2011
    http://www.lcdtvbuyingguide.com/lcdtv-plasmavslcd.shtml

Use this link and read the article. It breaks down everything from which one is better in picture, color, power consumption, and even price depending on size. This should help answer your question.
  • symoumsVor
    symoumsVor Members Posts: 2
    edited April 2011
    Im wanting to get a new TV but Im stuck for answers on the question...

Would you get a Samsung 5 LED or a Samsung 6 LCD?

Does the Series 6 LCD make up for the fact its older tech than an LED or is the Series 5 LED better because its LED?
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2011
    I've yet to see any visual progress in 3d technology since the 3d of the 80s. Sure the glasses look different, wow and you can have it in your home, big deal. But visually, that ? could have stayed in the 80's. The hologram ? from total recall would be nice though. i've got an LED for my ps3 and xbox and that's about as far as I'm going.
  • MacOne
    MacOne Banned Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭
    edited April 2011
    i copped a panasonic 50 inch 2 weeks ago, i still havent played any movies or anything on it, im still doing the 100 hour break in period they suggest...i also copped a 46 inch dynex for 540 from best buy last week and the picture looks as good as my 60 inch sony bravia
  • TimroD
    edited April 2011
    yea so bacc then i bought the 46 3d lcd tv
    and the size is aight coulda been bigger of course
    3d effect is really nice with 3d games or bluerays
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    im happy with my 40 inch LED by Samsung.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3d is a muhfuggin rippoff don't waste you money..
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Just got a 3D 42 inch LG. The 3D effect is nice in some movies and a few games. Personally, I hardly use the 3D feature, but the upgrade to LED is worth it.
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    is 3D worth all the hype
  • secantrell4
    secantrell4 Members Posts: 5
    t when it comes to lcd versus Plasma that comes down to resolution. If you ? with a 720 hd then plasma or lcd really makes no difference. Really the only difference between the two is how light and color is displayed. LCD is a technology where liquid crystal cells are hit avatar4.jpg