What happened to Rick Ross? No album dropping?

Comments

• Meela Dymme
    Meela Dymme Members Posts: 168
    ? always got excuses for fruitcakes like ross tlk bout album dont mean nothin he's out there gettin money? Fails. If you aint dropping albums its only a matter of time until your gangster fanbase hop to thenext guy (t.i.) ... people will listen to a mixtape for about 2weeks then the ? is old. Mixtapes drop almost everyday now mainstream wise
  • stealthbomber
    stealthbomber Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
    riddlerap wrote:
    so when you cant get a release date, its now called "getting money", oic. why doesnt the same logic apply for others?

rick ross is selling out shows and the MMG mixtapes are killing the streets. other rappers aren't.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    riddlerap wrote: »
    so when you cant get a release date, its now called "getting money", oic. why doesnt the same logic apply for others?

lol catchin feelings cause we say 50 aint ? since he cant get a date? a couple clear differences between the two. ross has a label of talented rappers he wants to push, 50 has 2 talented rappers on his label and is blackballing one of them (buck).

50 is on twitter crying cause he can't get ? from his label, ross aint even worried about his.

Ross' mixtape inspired several other rappers and their mixtapes, as they've said in interviews, and he's touring off of it. 50's mixtape didn't inspire anyone, didn't have any street songs that became hits, doesn't have 50 cent touring off of it. the only thing 50's mixtape introduced to us was the new wack roster he has on g-unit.
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 has had a live performance on a bigger stage than Ross will ever have (The X-Factor) off of a random mixtape song. "I Just Wanna" was also the most added to radio only a couple weeks ago. and 50 can tour whenever he wants, on any of his material. aint no one checkin for Ross' catalog, they just wanna hear whats allegedly "hot" right now.

come on. if Ross' album was supposed to be out by now, he obviously at some point or currently, wanted it to be dropped, but couldnt, due to lack of buzz.
  • 2Pac
    2Pac Members Posts: 43
    50 has had a live performance on a bigger stage than Ross will ever have (The X-Factor) off of a random mixtape song. "I Just Wanna" was also the most added to radio only a couple weeks ago. and 50 can tour whenever he wants, on any of his material. aint no one checkin for Ross' catalog, they just wanna hear whats allegedly "hot" right now.

come on. if Ross' album was supposed to be out by now, he obviously at some point or currently, wanted it to be dropped, but couldnt, due to lack of buzz.

" Murdered on wax"
    2pac-hit em up

• GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    edited March 2012
    y is muuunkeecracka-unit groupiez n herr runnin they chopz when they favorite muuuunkee & his gggg-string-unit is IRRELEVANT n HIPHOP?..rozay is HOTTER then wooodface on da MUSIK tip & MMG is CRUSHIN da GGGGAY-UNIT ro$$ has drop;d self made & mixtapez since teflon don woodface aint dun ? but drop wack mixtapez since 09 cuz interscope dont believe n woodface after rozAY BEAT him so yall muuuunkeecracka-unit sheep need 2 ? !
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ross just dropped Rich Forever not too long ago, so i'm sure he's gonna eat off that for a lil while...

...Not to mention Self Made Vol II is coming out.
  • GeE-757
    edited March 2012
    ^ yeah..plus rozay drop;d his debut album n 06 woodface drop'd his debut album n 03 & they both r goin on they 5th album so that should tell u who aint workin/winnin cuz these muuunkeecracka-unit lovin sheep can make XCUSEZ talkin about woodface is out sellin DILDOZ & makin straight 2 DVD moviez blah blah blah hez not focused on MUSIK but thatz BS cuz sum1 like TUPAC was makin MOVIEZ & other ? & he dropp';d MAKAVELi so i dont wanna hear woodface is doin straight 2 dvd moviez so thatz y his musik is so GARBAGE cuz hez not focus;d cuz thatz a xcuse woodface just SUX! smh...
  • Meela Dymme
    After all his time out ur fat grandpa still no were close to total sales of 50.....i could see lil wayne yea but u tlkn bout cookie jar eating ass ? ross like he's bigger than 50 has ever been..his gimmick is selling cuz he dont have classics.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    ^ yeah..plus rozay drop;d his debut album n 06 woodface drop'd his debut album n 03 & they both r goin on they 5th album so that should tell u who aint workin/winnin cuz these muuunkeecracka-unit lovin sheep can make XCUSEZ talkin about woodface is out sellin DILDOZ & makin straight 2 DVD moviez blah blah blah hez not focused on MUSIK but thatz BS cuz sum1 like TUPAC was makin MOVIEZ & other ? & he dropp';d MAKAVELi so i dont wanna hear woodface is doin straight 2 dvd moviez so thatz y his musik is so GARBAGE cuz hez not focus;d cuz thatz a xcuse woodface just SUX! smh...

Lol "munkeecracka-unit"...and yeah, cosign.
    After all his time out ur fat grandpa still no were close to total sales of 50.....i could see lil wayne yea but u tlkn bout cookie jar eating ass ? ross like he's bigger than 50 has ever been..his gimmick is selling cuz he dont have classics.

? sales, GFID is gonna be better...

...and how can you mention 50, then talk about Ross using "gimmicks"? lmao.
  • GeE-757
    edited March 2012
    ^ hallelujah!

newz flash...woodface wouldnt b a platinum artist wit out his cracka slave massah FEMINEM so ? woodface sellz cuz he was CHEATIN! katz like ROZAY & WEEZY is selfmade they aint need no racist cracka gaawd like FEMINEM 2 sell recordz thatz y i respect both of them mo then WOODFACE!
  • Meela Dymme
    Nigros plz, 50 made himself hot aint nothing you can tell him...... And Jay put Ross in the game, sadly it took his lard ass 4 years to find a spot in the game after 3 albums. He got hot off "Austin Martin" o wait Drake was on that ? . There isn't a song out by Ross that everyone was feelin with no features. Ross is ok but like I said he isn't as big as 50 was when he was in his prime. Even his group album didn't sell a million. I don't even know anyone is Ross' group......ouch
  • GeE-757
    edited March 2012
    Nigros plz, 50 made himself hot aint nothing you can tell him...... And Jay put Ross in the game, sadly it took his lard ass 4 years to find a spot in the game after 3 albums. He got hot off "Austin Martin" o wait Drake was on that ? . There isn't a song out by Ross that everyone was feelin with no features. Ross is ok but like I said he isn't as big as 50 was when he was in his prime. Even his group album didn't sell a million. I don't even know anyone is Ross' group......ouch

ha nah ya wrong if woodface couldve made himself hot & sold platinum by himself wit no SHADY stamp he wouldve drop;d a album on COLUMBIA back n 99 2000 when he was known as BOO BOO...woodface didnt became big till 03 when he became a slave 2 da cracka FEMINEM! rozay will neva do woodface numberz cuz again woodface was CHEATIN wit da white boy but itz all good now cuz woodface cant even out sell ROZAY now....OUCH!

• antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Let me give you the update....apologies for the delay:

MMG got priorities Bruh:

"Self-Made Vol 2" will drop before Rozay's album....

Meek Mill
    drops "Dreamchasers 2" & "Nightmares & Dreams" this Summer and November

Stalley "Savage Journey to the American Dream".... March 30th

French Montana "Excuse my French"....July 17th

Gunplay "Bogata" this Summer

Dont panic... videos for "Bag of Money" by MMG "Swear to ? ", by Ricky Rozay, & "Lean wit it" by Meek Mills, & "Face Down" by Wale will be dropping this week in addition to the new Reebok commercial that Rozay is filming...busy week!

So once Bawse returns from the 1-Million Mixtape $$$-tour of Europe then we can discuss the Album and when it drops.

lol @ mmg having priorities lol ... hey maybe they do ... priorities with low expectations lol ... ijs lol ... just an excuse for Rick Ross to use with out having to say I HAD TO PUSH MY ALBUM BACK ....... the blueprint has been laid .... THE BIG DOG DROPS FIRST AND THEN THE REST OF THE PEDIGREE DROPS SO THEY CAN FLOW OFF HIS MOMENTUM ..... too bad Rick Ross aint got that Weezy, 50 Cent & Jayz momentum ...... lol .... hey it is what it is ... instead of bouncing around it making up excuses just keep it 100 lol ;)

• GeE-757
    edited March 2012
    antarticp wrote: »
    lol @ mmg having priorities lol ... hey maybe they do ... priorities with low expectations lol ... ijs lol ... just an excuse for Rick Ross to use with out having to say I HAD TO PUSH MY ALBUM BACK ....... the blueprint has been laid .... THE BIG DOG DROPS FIRST AND THEN THE REST OF THE PEDIGREE DROPS SO THEY CAN FLOW OFF HIS MOMENTUM ..... too bad Rick Ross aint got that Weezy, 50 Cent & Jayz momentum ...... lol .... hey it is what it is ... instead of bouncing around it making up excuses just keep it 100 lol ;)

ya DEAD WRONG...woodface drop;d his debut solo n 03 ross drop;d his debut album n 06 & they both R goin on they 5th solo lpz rozay is clearly workin harder then woodface & itz payin off cuz ROZAY got MMG on da map & is outsellin WOODFACE now MEN LIE WOMEN LIE NUMBERZ DONT UGH! lol

• antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    y is muuunkeecracka-unit groupiez n herr runnin they chopz when they favorite muuuunkee & his gggg-string-unit is IRRELEVANT n HIPHOP?..rozay is HOTTER then wooodface on da MUSIK tip & MMG is CRUSHIN da GGGGAY-UNIT ro$$ has drop;d self made & mixtapez since teflon don woodface aint dun ? but drop wack mixtapez since 09 cuz interscope dont believe n woodface after rozAY BEAT him so yall muuuunkeecracka-unit sheep need 2 ? !

true rick ross is hotter than 50 cent @ this minute ... but so is lil wayne so is meek mill ... ? it Kendrick Lemar got more of a buzz then fif ..... BUT GUESSS WHAT ???? not one of those guys have yet to reach the success that fif has ... none of them maybe except lil wayne has the true power to break an UNKNOWN artist ... keep in mind Rick Ross cant break unknowns a la Gunplay Torch etc .... also keep in my Wale is on his second deal ... and Meek Mills was already known on the east coast and blowing up longgggggggg before rick ross came along ........ lol ijs stop blow smoke up this dudes ass ... lol ... i rather hear pcotton and the game talk that YMCMB ? cause @least they running ? for real ... Rick Ross and company are still underdogs on the come up in the big scheme of things .... Tyga sold more than the entire MMG put together LOL!! smh

• DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

This post is funny as ? . Dead @ the first line......
  • GeE-757
    true rick ross is hotter than 50 cent @ this minute ... but so is lil wayne so is meek mill ... ? it Kendrick Lemar got more of a buzz then fif ..... BUT GUESSS WHAT ???? not one of those guys have yet to reach the success that fif has ... none of them maybe except lil wayne has the true power to break an UNKNOWN artist ... keep in mind Rick Ross cant break unknowns a la Gunplay Torch etc .... also keep in my Wale is on his second deal ... and Meek Mills was already known on the east coast and blowing up longgggggggg before rick ross came along ........ lol ijs stop blow smoke up this dudes ass ... lol ... i rather hear pcotton and the game talk that YMCMB ? cause @least they running ? for real ... Rick Ross and company are still underdogs on the come up in the big scheme of things .... Tyga sold more than the entire MMG put together LOL!! smh

da bold provez u r clueless & have no cred & is just typin outta da side of ya keyboard cuz tyga wish he did WALE numberz like i keep on repeatin rozay will neva sell like woodface use 2 a long time ago cuz ross dont have a CRACKA SLAVE MASSAH but it dont matter cuz ross is outsellin woodface NOW...mmg is still eatin & doin good & gettin recoginition fa all they hard work & itz all payin off cuz rozay & mmg has out sold all da ggggay-unit projectz since 09,,,.
  • GeE-757
    edited March 2012
    Dat_? _B1 wrote: »
    This post is funny as ? . Dead @ the first line......

seriously b these muuunkeecracka-unit sheep is dumb as ? & krazy as hell cuz how can they come n herr & clown rozay fa 1 push back when woodface cant even get a release date goin on 3 yrz cuz da label that hez on dont believe n him after rozay step;d on da muuunkeez head? llol
  • ...MVP...
    ...MVP... Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

Did u just say Tyga sold more than the entire MMG put together? R u on ? brotha?
  • blackbloc
    blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jeezy success slowing up ross $$, lol last year is was reserve. glad time fixes ? .

Your ? pushed back cuz it ain’t buzzin’- rick ross
  • GeE-757
    edited March 2012
    ^ o yeah jeezy success is slowin up da hottest mc of da 2k11 smh jeezy hasnt been platinum since 06 da same yr ross drop;d his 1st album so jeezy & ro$$ is GOLD ARTISTz & yung aint got 2 much 2 brag about cuz his cte team is WEAK compared 2 MMG! wale & meek mill>>>freddie fibbz & da cracka crip WHYTE
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends on your situation.

? always got excuses for fruitcakes like ross tlk bout album dont mean nothin he's out there gettin money? Fails. If you aint dropping albums its only a matter of time until your gangster fanbase hop to thenext guy (t.i.) ... people will listen to a mixtape for about 2weeks then the ? is old. Mixtapes drop almost everyday now mainstream wise

riddlerap wrote:

rick ross is selling out shows and the MMG mixtapes are killing the streets. other rappers aren't.

H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Let me give you the update....apologies for the delay:

MMG got priorities Bruh:

"Self-Made Vol 2" will drop before Rozay's album....

Meek Mill
    drops "Dreamchasers 2" & "Nightmares & Dreams" this Summer and November

Stalley "Savage Journey to the American Dream".... March 30th

French Montana "Excuse my French"....July 17th

Gunplay "Bogata" this Summer

Dont panic... videos for "Bag of Money" by MMG "Swear to ? ", by Ricky Rozay, & "Lean wit it" by Meek Mills, & "Face Down" by Wale will be dropping this week in addition to the new Reebok commercial that Rozay is filming...busy week!

So once Bawse returns from the 1-Million Mixtape $$$-tour of Europe then we can discuss the Album and when it drops.

I get bored at times with peoples ignorance but I recognize that the ignorance is often feigned and just a smokescreen for them to get schooled on matters they are too ashamed to ask to be educated on, or they are attempting what people online refer to as "trolling".

2010 = "Teflon Don" 700K
    2011 = "Self Made Vol 1" 200K & "Ambition" 400K
    2012 = "Self Made Vol 2" & "Excuse my French" & "Dreams & Nightmares" & "GFID"

I like how MMG has been maneuvering with their releases but its a similar formula we have seen before:

"We are Young Money" dropped in 2009 and then YMCMB followed up in 2010 with "Pink Friday", & "Thank me Later" while Wayne dropped two teasers in the form of "I am not a Human Being" & "Rebirth" ....this momentum led us to 2011 and "C4" dropped. #wellexecuted

I find it odd and strange how certain people are attempting to rush this project (GFID) when they were just rewarded with "Rich Forever" and know that the lead single for "Self Made Vol. 2" ("Bag of Money") just dropped....it's weird.

Joie Manda has barley gotten his feet wet as Def Jams new president so let's give him a few months to settle in and then we can look forward to "GFID".

• GeE-757
    edited March 2012
    ^ hrap can u put up da ggggay-unit major project numberz since 09 compared 2 mmg 2 ? all da noise plz lol