What are some good horror movies to watch?

Options
Max.
Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Doesnt matter if there old/new
Movies i been looking for :
•cannibal holocaust cant find it no where

Comments

• Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cannibal Holocaust is on 1channel. Just Google it, then type the name in search bar on the home page of the site.

Those type of horror movies are not my scene (too brutal) but if that's more towards your tastes, check out Martyrs.

Other than that I'd recommend:

The Exorcist
    The Collector
    Hostel
    Case 39
    Carrie
    Eden Lake
    High (Haute) Tension
    The Shining
    Gravedancers
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)
    Pet Sematary
    Salem's Lot
    REC (American remake is Quarantine and it's not bad either)
    Cabin Fever (if you don't mind campy, but it's pretty gory)

Mind you some of these aren't winning any awards any time soon, but they are still entertaining.
    Oh and all of them are on 1channel along with anything else you may be looking for.

• Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vanishing on "something" street

I liked that joint

Was Case 39 good? Whenever a broad's name is Lillith-you go in the other direction

• Max.
    Options
    Ive been looking for that movie vanishing with young skywalker n john leguizamo
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max-b wrote:
    Doesnt matter if there old/new
    Movies i been looking for :
    •cannibal holocaust cant find it no where

I know I rented it from either Blockbuster or Netflix last year. I know it was online at MegaVideo at one point. ? is dated, but they played that ? like it was some found footage and the cannibals won.

Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    Vanishing on "something" street

I liked that joint

Was Case 39 good? Whenever a broad's name is Lillith-you go in the other direction

Vanishing on 7th Street. Thandie Newton and Hayden Christensen in it to, about those shadows that take over......

Case 39 was good. Cute little ? turned out to be more than just cute.

Orphan, ? has a crazy twist at the end.

Hostel is pretty ? up. I haven't seen part 2, but I heard it was just as ? up.

Shakma. About a lab monkey that had its brain experimented on and they thought it had died..........nope. Thing got up and reeked havoc on everything in the building.

Rubber. A rubber tire has an attraction for a woman and will stop at nothing to gain her attention. The tire has a special power to make things explode, even human heads.

Zombie

Pulse (2006)

Identity

30 Days of Night

April Fools Day (1986)

Mother's Day (1980)

I Spit On Your Grave (1978)

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Inside

House of The Devil

REC 1 and 2 (foreign)

Halloween by Rob Zombie

I Am The Devil (foreign)

Frontier(S) (foreign)

will think of more eventually. i saw that cannibal holocaust a couple years ago. ? crazy, its like a documentary murder from the 70's ? looks so real. Them killing the animals is real but when they ? the people it looks ? real.

I wanna see that we need to talk about kevin movie. looks dope.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I Saw The Devil not i AM the devil. my bad.
  • sdca
    sdca Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    Options
    A lot of really good horror movies named in here..

'Inside' is a beast! I enjoyed it.

@ Cali - The Collector is awesome! I found it On Demand one day, and immediately bought it on Amazon.
    I love watching it with people who haven't seen it yet, because everyone always gets ? and yells at the tv on the same part, EVERY time. lol good movie.

The Hills Have Eyes remake is perfection.

Autopsy - I'll say this, it has obvious cliche moments lol... but its gory, grimy, you'll have fun watching this one

The Dead - for the zombie fans!

The Last Exorcism - everyone hates this movie, I thought it was a clever-different take on the exorcism movies

• sdca
    sdca Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    Options
    I'm sure you're not looking to purchase, but Cannibal Holocaust is on Amazon.
    It's not a movie I'll ever watch again, but I bought it anyway.

It really messed with my head, I couldn't stop thinking about it afterward...same with Martyrs
    Martyrs is.... I don't even know, it just brought my whole spirit down lol. I felt depressed...
  • Texasmaniac409
    Texasmaniac409 Members Posts: 356 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Here some good horror movies to check out.

The Beyond
    Zombi 2
    Suspiria
    Demons
    Demons 2
    Inside
    Buio Omega
    Burial Grounds
    Evil Dead
    Tenebre
    Hell Of The Living Dead
    Return Of The Living Dead
    New York Ripper
  • Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Texas..

that gif in your sig is from City of the Living Dead aka The Gates of Hell. I remember seeing that exact scene as a yungin', ? ? me up. I didn't want to eat lasangna for a long time after homegirl spit up her insides like that. Then dude had the back of his head squeezed up and snatched off.

There were some good deaths in that movie. Especially the one with the power drill to the temple by the enraged father.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    sdca wrote: »
    I'm sure you're not looking to purchase, but Cannibal Holocaust is on Amazon.
    It's not a movie I'll ever watch again, but I bought it anyway.

It really messed with my head, I couldn't stop thinking about it afterward...same with Martyrs
    Martyrs is.... I don't even know, it just brought my whole spirit down lol. I felt depressed...

They prolly edited that cannibal holocaust to hell. I saw the banned version, when it was still banned in america before they cut out all the scenes with killing animals on film n ? . Film was messed up.

• Lou Cypher
    Options
    A Serbian film is another movie that will leave you uneasy. You want to turn it off after every scene. especially the last one.
  • Max.
    Options
    Ive seen rec...n demons had me shook when i was young
  • Texasmaniac409
    Texasmaniac409 Members Posts: 356 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    @Texas..

that gif in your sig is from City of the Living Dead aka The Gates of Hell. I remember seeing that exact scene as a yungin', ? ? me up. I didn't want to eat lasangna for a long time after homegirl spit up her insides like that. Then dude had the back of his head squeezed up and snatched off.

There were some good deaths in that movie. Especially the one with the power drill to the temple by the enraged father.

I have the DVD and still watch it from time to time one of Fulci's slept on classic.
  • truth_juice
    truth_juice Members Posts: 270 ✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    A Serbian film is another movie that will leave you uneasy. You want to turn it off after every scene. especially the last one.

Definitely. Uneasy is an understatement. Not for everyone. I also ? with a lot of Asian horror. American horror flicks just dont do it for me. They are usually remakes of Japanese flicks anyway.