Why Is There No Talent Coming Out of the East Coast?

Options

Comments

• blackdemo
    blackdemo Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    Options
    yall IC ? need to listen around more
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sniperk wrote: »
    Nicki Minaj was a dope New York emcee until she changed her style and sold her soul...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LblsEzLeRM&feature=related

this ? was wack, dunn
  • sniperk
    sniperk Members Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nicki Minaj was a dope New York emcee until she changed her style and sold her soul...

this ? was wack, dunn

So you like that Barbie ? she is doing now better?

That is what the ? is wrong with hiphop...

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao at nicki minaj mac miller and wiz khalifa. i said talent. Does Pittsburgh even count as East coast?
    Lol at Lloyd Banks being new.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Too many mixtape sounding rappers (Action Bronson, Joel Ortiz,Vado, Papoose,etc) and not enough artist and most of those ? lack that star quality to break out to the mainstream imo. Then you have the wack mfs like Asap Rocky and French Montana who rap like southern ? trying to fit in.

Then you have southern rappers who sound like NY rappers and do it better (Jay Electronica, J Cole,etc).

50 Cent is the last NY superstar we will see in a while imo.
  • BackInWhite
    Options

this ? was wack, dunn

So you like that Barbie ? she is doing now better?

That is what the ? is wrong with hiphop...

did i say that?
    i don't like none of the ? she do
    just cuz she ain't movin her head all weird and wearing colored wigs don't make that ? hot, ?
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J Cole is wack as ? . New York can have him
  • usmarin3
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »

His longevity > Houstons 5 minutes of fame
  • sniperk
    Options
    Now I'm president of the Nikki Minaj fan club?

What the ? ? I just said she had a spark when she came out.

You saying her old stuff is WACK sounds like hatred.

She used to sound like a cross between Kim and Foxy...
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

He has as much longevity as Waka Flocka does right now
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    what longevity does j.cole have?
    ? ain't dropped but 1 album?
    do you mean your perception of his possible longevity?
    even then tho.....houston had a few platinum albums during their lil 5 minutes
  • usmarin3
    Options
    Haha ? off you Texas ? . You mad!
  • sniperk
    Options
    Texas?

Texas has DJ Premier (who got famous in NY) and Scarface.

Texas needs to hold their tongue when it comes to hiphop..
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Too many mixtape sounding rappers (Action Bronson, Joel Ortiz,Vado, Papoose,etc) and not enough artist and most of those ? lack that star quality to break out to the mainstream imo. Then you have the wack mfs like Asap Rocky and French Montana who rap like southern ? trying to fit in.

Then you have southern rappers who sound like NY rappers and do it better (Jay Electronica, J Cole,etc).

50 Cent is the last NY superstar we will see in a while imo.

Fif blew up a decade ago! You saying that NY is gonna wait up to another decade before another superstar comes out?
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    i'm from memphis tho
    ptown from kentucky
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

He has as much longevity as Waka Flocka does right now

that doesnt make any sense....like i cant even process the statement fully
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because Hip-hop has ran it's course.
  • ...MVP...
    ...MVP... Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    Options
    blackdemo wrote: »
    I dont understand, we got

Pro Era
    ASAP Rocky
    Action Bronson
    Lloyd Banks
    Meek Mill
    Mac Miller
    French Montana
    Wiz Khalifa
    Nicki Minaj
    Smoke DZA
    Vado
    Roc Marciano
    n I WILL say Drake because Toronto on the east coast unless u want them to have their own coaast (north)

Bingo
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    there is no talent coming out of the east coast because you got the 2 biggest uncle toms in NY too busy sucking european ? to scout talent in they own city. If they not slurpin on eurofags then they are down south dickriding whoever is hot down here. east coast died in 1997 when puff set his best friend up to get killed by suge goons. the focus of new york went from tradition and culture to money and enterprise because of puff shiny blouse lipstick wearin ass jiggling his ? like ? in the hype william videos. jay z isnt innocent either. he sold his soul in 98. went from nino brown on steriods in RD to a will smith wannabe dancing like bojangles with them swollen ass lips in the money aint a thing video. these the 2 ? new york praise and worship. you have legion of prominent MC's and movements in that weak ass city but the awkward ? brainwashed them from a city of hip hop lovers to too cool tool capitalists who only root for this fake ass king of new york who rather be a ? in paris than a real don in NY. Jay Z cant even come to marcy without oprah permission and obamas secret service crew. he dont give a ? about new york. ? came through NY to promote a EUROPEAN ? . not a bucktooth race horse looking ? from the 5 shitholes of NY but a white euro ? . Thats why its easy to laugh at genestasia stupid ass for sitting up here talking that backhand ? . She know NY dead. she graspin straws. how the ? you gonna mention them rappers up in this thread now but you be talking ? about them in other threads. you worse than that ? that let them UCF mandingo football goons ? his ? and he sat the and watched. both of yall got ? . my bad she got a ? and usuncl3tom got a 30% finished post op ? mess of a ? . ? NEW YORK. nobody give a ? about NY rap no more. Why listen to NY rap when they sound like fake southerners with them garbage ass rhymes. how yall go from rakim to a ? like french montana. diss my coast all you want but our coast has never fell off nor taken a steep hit musically like NY has. like i have said numerous times NY lost its idenity. they gang bang and shamelessly represent california streets/hoods/OGs in their city . pride theyselves on smoking california marijuana instead of their own product. They sip syrup like houston ? . nothing original about them anymore. nothing creative. ? new york. Jay Z talk all that ? but need always need help from young money to sell records. he need drake on rihanna records. he need drake on that euro ? records. why diss YMCMB if all his punk ass gonna do is bow down and ask for a feature on the slick. ? Jay Z. Roc Nation not even poppin. I didnt see Cole halftime at the superbowl nor the grammies. I didnt see jay electronica primate looking ass there neither. Roc Nation dont want it with YMCMB. Birdman artists going platnium easy. Wayne 3x plat. Drake 2x plat. Nicki got 1000000 preorders. melanie fiona just flopped again. rihanna floppin. take care sold twice the amount of watch the ? and it came out 2 months later. Roc Nation barely afloat by some lanky ? ? who made a big fuss about bringing real hip hop back but singing on his wack ass album more than drake. J Cole aint a game changer he follow the same formula as Drake but only WAYYYY less successful commercially. Roc Nation are ? ass ? . all black everything and We are but Chris Brown beat the ? out of Rihanna and none of them Roc Nation tough guys did ? . Jay Z just got mad. Women get mad. that aint ? . Rihanna supposed to be his side ? but his old ensure drinking ? ass cant defend her from a young ? . Why is Jay Z such a ? ? Now Rihanna still a Roc Nation artist tattooing tupac set on her body and letting chris brown leak roc nation records. Why Jay Z was talking all that tough guy ? on that take a load off song talking about where his money at but let Chris Brown leak property of his music company. Chris Brown stole his side ? from him now Jay Z salty at home with his fat ? wife and that stem cell mako reactor shinra fake baby. bored with family life dont even spend time with his kid. a selfish ass deadbeat ? . i mean damn he had 48 years for himself he cant even chill with it for one night. Beyonce fell off since she chemically infused that thing together.. Roc Nation got more has beens than YMCMB. ? Good Music too. Good Music softer than mouse ? . Like who the ? knees gonna shake if a skinny beanpole ? ? like monizzle/big sean wanna catch a fade. We all know Kanye cant fight because he got his ass whooped at the airport by the paparazi swinging his arms like a ? Kanye know damn well he cant defend rihanna from ? . He was the main ? woofing that ? when Chris Brown beat his "sister" talking about he a GD and he thinking about killing ? . Next thing you know He holding gaga hands like a special needs kid that ? on himself nerves in a total mess because sucking CB ? talking about how much he loves him and how talented he is.? Kanye West
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    meek mills
    asap mob
    wale
    nikki
    drake (toronto is right above newyork)
    wiz
    Pro Era
    Action Bronson
    Lloyd Banks
    Mac Miller
    French Montana
    Smoke DZA
    Vado
    Roc Marciano
    Me
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meek Milly, Wiz khalifa..
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao at nicki minaj mac miller and wiz khalifa. i said talent. Does Pittsburgh even count as East coast?
    Lol at Lloyd Banks being new.

Yea Pittsburgh East Coast then a muhfucka..

• Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because NY rappers get pigeon held in one specific "Sound". And why NY Rappers cant be influenced by southern artist but Southern Artist can be influenced by NY and it's no problem? If i want to have a southern flow or touch a southern beat on a couple tracks dont try to "call me out" when there's southern artist who have been emulating the East for Years.

Would J Cole be as big as he is with a Southern Flow?

and what the ? kinda flow does j.cole have?
    he most definitely ain't out here soundin like inspectah deck or some ? like that
    ? is a southern flow?
    some gucci mane ? ?
    typical ny muhfucka takin credit for some ? but at the same time lookin for an out when they can't use they own ? to get on

"I'm just a down south ? , lil' east coast flow"-J. Cole, Good Game.

i don't give a ? what he say
    he a shuckin n jivin ass wanna be ny ? anyway
    somebody tell me what a southern flow is?
    some future ? ?
    explain to me
    if a ? over pronounces his words he got a east coast flow
    but if a ? words all slurred and ignorant soundin he got a southern flow?
    tell me

you know good & damn well J. Cole sounds like he's from Philly/Jersey/New York