Why Is There No Talent Coming Out of the East Coast?

Comments

• Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamaica wrote: »
    One thing I will say about the east coast roster right now they is no potential "greats" in that list that people can really get behind. They is no Nas type Jay-Z type rapper in that list. No undeniable cats on y'all side for real.

Is there anywhere tho? The West would say Kendrick Lamar but would u say that his album will be better than AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted? The South would say Big Krit but will his album be better than UGK's Ridin ? or Outkast's Aquemini? And is anybody from the Midwest will have a album better than College Drop out? NY standard is just ridiculous.... And it's never going to be met TBH

Kendrick can be dropped in any era in rap and be considered dope
    Krit can be dropped in any era in rap and be considered dope
    Freddie Gibbs can be dropped in any era in rap and be considered dope you get what i'm saying. NY ain't really got that right now.

I'm pretty sure Fred da godson is considered dope now and he would have been considered dope in the 90's

Nah Fred da godson is like a jr. in a lot ways . He can't compete with the same dudes that use that style .

Lyrically Fred Da Godson is NICE the only place where he may fall short is song making ability. But Krit is also a JR in terms of using somebody else's style. He aint quite ? C stylistically and he damn sure aint Andre 3000 Lyrically.

nah krit is like outkast and organized noise put together.

Fred Da Godson is polite , he isn't nice and not one person outside of jamaica mentioned dude. No support , no buzz

Krit sounds just like ? C when he raps thats part of the reason why i like him. Production wise? Yea he's more so Outkast/Organize Noise influenced but straight rapping he's a Poetic ? C.... Not sayin ? C wasnt poetic in his own right but u get what i mean..

nah not at all how long have you been listening to ugk cause them dudes sound nothing alike

Your telling me this dont sound like some ? C ? ? Damn i forgot how fire this Mixtape was.. About to bump this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5b1KQatcdE

"I'm never Comfy came from nothing ? i want More"
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    He just started it takes time for artists to blow up. He's touring and dropping mixtapes. It took meek millz awhile to blow up.

dude was out before asap rocky and i think a few others but no one is checking for kid

It takes longer for some people. At least Fred is building his buzz through touring. Let's see where he's at in a few years. Still early to tell.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I will say about the east coast roster right now they is no potential "greats" in that list that people can really get behind. They is no Nas type Jay-Z type rapper in that list. No undeniable cats on y'all side for real.

Is there anywhere tho? The West would say Kendrick Lamar but would u say that his album will be better than AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted? The South would say Big Krit but will his album be better than UGK's Ridin ? or Outkast's Aquemini? And is anybody from the Midwest will have a album better than College Drop out? NY standard is just ridiculous.... And it's never going to be met TBH

Kendrick can be dropped in any era in rap and be considered dope
    Krit can be dropped in any era in rap and be considered dope
    Freddie Gibbs can be dropped in any era in rap and be considered dope you get what i'm saying. NY ain't really got that right now.

I'm pretty sure Fred da godson is considered dope now and he would have been considered dope in the 90's

Nah Fred da godson is like a jr. in a lot ways . He can't compete with the same dudes that use that style .

Lyrically Fred Da Godson is NICE the only place where he may fall short is song making ability. But Krit is also a JR in terms of using somebody else's style. He aint quite ? C stylistically and he damn sure aint Andre 3000 Lyrically.

nah krit is like outkast and organized noise put together.

Fred Da Godson is polite , he isn't nice and not one person outside of jamaica mentioned dude. No support , no buzz

Krit sounds just like ? C when he raps thats part of the reason why i like him. Production wise? Yea he's more so Outkast/Organize Noise influenced but straight rapping he's a Poetic ? C.... Not sayin ? C wasnt poetic in his own right but u get what i mean..

nah not at all how long have you been listening to ugk cause them dudes sound nothing alike

Your telling me this dont sound like some ? C ? ? Damn i forgot how fire this Mixtape was.. About to bump this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5b1KQatcdE

"I'm never Comfy came from nothing ? i want More"

? C sound nothing like Krit and vice versa only people that say that are people that just started to listening to ugk . Plus ? c always say funny ass ? and he more obnoxious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUkkfeL6ssg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm0fAxkNWqc

• Gen. Stasia
    I was never Impressed with Big Krit on Glass House he sound dead IMO....
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL at Krit sounding nothing like ? C, are you ? def. Dude cadence/delivery is identical to ? C and his production is Outkast/Eightball and MJG/etc ish.
  • Gen. Stasia
    Can i have some examples of Fred Da Godson trying to sound like a southerner? Not on South beats but actually trying to sound like one....
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dee-1 sounds more like Outkast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRalWLGCx5s

KRIT sounds like a one man UGK
  • Meet The Sniper
    Meet The Sniper Members Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭
    I mean I don't ? with a lot of New York ? .

But A$AP Rocky is that ? .

This is the greatest ? to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcRBKVhCGKE
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    LOL at Krit sounding nothing like ? C, are you ? def. Dude cadence/delivery is identical to ? C and his production is Outkast/Eightball and MJG/etc ish.

No it isn't
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hold up, so J cole can rap like he's from up north and not like lil jon and thats cool.....jay electronica can rap like nas 5% termonology included but no one from the east can rap like someone that influenced them from outside the area lol.....this is the argument that you just cant win......why isnt Tyga required to rap like Snoop or Warren G? Since Miami rap started out as some luke chanting ? why isnt Ross more like that instead of trying to be Big lol.....anyways few cats are bubbling....no matter what style they choose
  • blackdemo
    blackdemo Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    lmao at nicki minaj mac miller and wiz khalifa. i said talent. Does Pittsburgh even count as East coast?
    Lol at Lloyd Banks being new.

Mac miller's 2nd mixtape kids was fire dawg. n he had the number 1 album in america independently and that hasnt been doe in years so...

Wiz obv has talent considering he has the internet AND mainstream game on lock

llyod banks isnt new but hes still poppin on the streets, hes not from the 90s so hes still of our generation

n yes...pensylvannia is the east coast dawg it always has been. ? outta here

its pennsylvannia
    NY
    NJ
    NH
    CT
    Maine
    Delaware

other states as well but im not givin u a geo lesson, u should know this by now
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything moves in waves.NY had the game before the West blew and after Pac died.NY is not really a market for indie music as strange as that sounds just like ATL.NY is locked down and around 2004 the industry heads decided it was the South's turn.NY has the most number of dope MCs.You can find a 13 yr old rapping like Nas on every corner.At some point the music will get hard again,but NY needs a new sound that's not like The South and reps NY.Problem is the young dudes in the streets of NY only know Down South music, cuz that's what popped most of their lives @loch121
  • blackdemo
    Man idk what more yall want i named 13 artist who poppin (no doubt about it even if you dont like em), this thread is just wrong, theres nothing to discuss, its end of discussion as of yesterday
  • StillFaggyAF
    blackdemo wrote: »
    lmao at nicki minaj mac miller and wiz khalifa. i said talent. Does Pittsburgh even count as East coast?

Mac miller's 2nd mixtape kids was fire dawg. n he had the number 1 album in america independently and that hasnt been doe in years so...

llyod banks isnt new but hes still poppin on the streets, hes not from the 90s so hes still of our generation

its pennsylvannia
    NY
    NJ
    NH
    CT
    Maine
    Delaware

my point is pittsburgh is culturally more similar to the midwest than boston, philly, nyc, jersey etc. mac miller and wiz are just not good. Lloyd Banks is from the G-Unit era/early 00s. i'm talking about a new generation. Im asking where are the East Coast's KRIT and Kendricks. Where's the East Coast's J Coles and Stalleys and Fashawns and Dee 1s. The infrastructure is there.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They say What goes around comes back around again (Shout out to Puba), but not in the case of this rap ? . The South got the rap game in a rear naked choke and ain't ever releasing that ? . Beeleedat.

False, It's not about regions anymore. It's about brands. Jay Z outsold many artist from the south by himself. Eminem and KanYe are both midwest and outsold many southern artist. You have to have a brand to move units in Hip Hop now. Region is out the window in this era.

Rap is being too similar to one another. Regionalism is almost a thing of the past. Hip Hop is international now. I wouldn't be surprised that numerous rappers outside of the US of A will blow up here in America in less than 10 years from now.
  • Wild Self
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    there is no talent coming out of the east coast because you got the 2 biggest uncle toms in NY too busy sucking european ? to scout talent in they own city. If they not slurpin on eurofags then they are down south dickriding whoever is hot down here. east coast died in 1997 when puff set his best friend up to get killed by suge goons. the focus of new york went from tradition and culture to money and enterprise because of puff shiny blouse lipstick wearin ass jiggling his ? like ? in the hype william videos. jay z isnt innocent either. he sold his soul in 98. went from nino brown on steriods in RD to a will smith wannabe dancing like bojangles with them swollen ass lips in the money aint a thing video. these the 2 ? new york praise and worship. you have legion of prominent MC's and movements in that weak ass city but the awkward ? brainwashed them from a city of hip hop lovers to too cool tool capitalists who only root for this fake ass king of new york who rather be a ? in paris than a real don in NY. Jay Z cant even come to marcy without oprah permission and obamas secret service crew. he dont give a ? about new york. ? came through NY to promote a EUROPEAN ? . not a bucktooth race horse looking ? from the 5 shitholes of NY but a white euro ? . Thats why its easy to laugh at genestasia stupid ass for sitting up here talking that backhand ? . She know NY dead. she graspin straws. how the ? you gonna mention them rappers up in this thread now but you be talking ? about them in other threads. you worse than that ? that let them UCF mandingo football goons ? his ? and he sat the and watched. both of yall got ? . my bad she got a ? and usuncl3tom got a 30% finished post op ? mess of a ? . ? NEW YORK. nobody give a ? about NY rap no more. Why listen to NY rap when they sound like fake southerners with them garbage ass rhymes. how yall go from rakim to a ? like french montana. diss my coast all you want but our coast has never fell off nor taken a steep hit musically like NY has. like i have said numerous times NY lost its idenity. they gang bang and shamelessly represent california streets/hoods/OGs in their city . pride theyselves on smoking california marijuana instead of their own product. They sip syrup like houston ? . nothing original about them anymore. nothing creative. ? new york. Jay Z talk all that ? but need always need help from young money to sell records. he need drake on rihanna records. he need drake on that euro ? records. why diss YMCMB if all his punk ass gonna do is bow down and ask for a feature on the slick. ? Jay Z. Roc Nation not even poppin. I didnt see Cole halftime at the superbowl nor the grammies. I didnt see jay electronica primate looking ass there neither. Roc Nation dont want it with YMCMB. Birdman artists going platnium easy. Wayne 3x plat. Drake 2x plat. Nicki got 1000000 preorders. melanie fiona just flopped again. rihanna floppin. take care sold twice the amount of watch the ? and it came out 2 months later. Roc Nation barely afloat by some lanky ? ? who made a big fuss about bringing real hip hop back but singing on his wack ass album more than drake. J Cole aint a game changer he follow the same formula as Drake but only WAYYYY less successful commercially. Roc Nation are ? ass ? . all black everything and We are but Chris Brown beat the ? out of Rihanna and none of them Roc Nation tough guys did ? . Jay Z just got mad. Women get mad. that aint ? . Rihanna supposed to be his side ? but his old ensure drinking ? ass cant defend her from a young ? . Why is Jay Z such a ? ? Now Rihanna still a Roc Nation artist tattooing tupac set on her body and letting chris brown leak roc nation records. Why Jay Z was talking all that tough guy ? on that take a load off song talking about where his money at but let Chris Brown leak property of his music company. Chris Brown stole his side ? from him now Jay Z salty at home with his fat ? wife and that stem cell mako reactor shinra fake baby. bored with family life dont even spend time with his kid. a selfish ass deadbeat ? . i mean damn he had 48 years for himself he cant even chill with it for one night. Beyonce fell off since she chemically infused that thing together.. Roc Nation got more has beens than YMCMB. ? Good Music too. Good Music softer than mouse ? . Like who the ? knees gonna shake if a skinny beanpole ? ? like monizzle/big sean wanna catch a fade. We all know Kanye cant fight because he got his ass whooped at the airport by the paparazi swinging his arms like a ? Kanye know damn well he cant defend rihanna from ? . He was the main ? woofing that ? when Chris Brown beat his "sister" talking about he a GD and he thinking about killing ? . Next thing you know He holding gaga hands like a special needs kid that ? on himself nerves in a total mess because sucking CB ? talking about how much he loves him and how talented he is.? Kanye West

:))
  • Gen. Stasia
    Wild Self wrote: »
    They say What goes around comes back around again (Shout out to Puba), but not in the case of this rap ? . The South got the rap game in a rear naked choke and ain't ever releasing that ? . Beeleedat.

False, It's not about regions anymore. It's about brands. Jay Z outsold many artist from the south by himself. Eminem and KanYe are both midwest and outsold many southern artist. You have to have a brand to move units in Hip Hop now. Region is out the window in this era.

Rap is being too similar to one another. Regionalism is almost a thing of the past. Hip Hop is international now. I wouldn't be surprised that numerous rappers outside of the US of A will blow up here in America in less than 10 years from now.

One already did.... Drake...
  • Wild Self

Drake the beginning. Soon you gonna have European rappers, African rappers, and even Asian rappers getting popular in the states.
  • Gen. Stasia

Drake the beginning. Soon you gonna have European rappers, African rappers, and even Asian rappers getting popular in the states.

No Problem with that as long as its Hot...
  • StillFaggyAF

Drake really doesn't count, his father is American, he lives in America, he wants to be a Southerner
  • Gen. Stasia

Drake really doesn't count, his father is American, he lives in America, he wants to be a Southerner

But he reps Toronto like J Cole reps "Da Ville". He's from Canada grew up there went to school there swam in his Aunts backyard pool there. He's FROM there. ? where his Father is from.
  • StillFaggyAF

But he reps Toronto like J Cole reps "Da Ville". He's from Canada grew up there went to school there swam in his Aunts backyard pool there. He's FROM there. ? where his Father is from.

Spent his summers in America. Its not like Drake is coming with a Canadian movement
  • Gen. Stasia

Spent his summers in America. Its not like Drake is coming with a Canadian movement

He's from Toronto and if he tried to say he's from anywhere else ppl would've rejected him immediately. It's ok... He can be from out of Country. And i dont think a gang of ppl from ANYWHERE outside of the US is going to Blow up as a crew but ppl will slip through the cracks if they rep they ? right.

And Drake can be INFLUENCED all he want he's still a Canadian and i bet he cant Vote in the US.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol at drake being from Canada not counting... dats like that clip from "atl" when new new said "i'm from the trak.... well my dad is"
  • blackdemo
    blackdemo wrote: »

its pennsylvannia
    NY
    NJ
    NH
    CT
    Maine
    Delaware

my point is pittsburgh is culturally more similar to the midwest than boston, philly, nyc, jersey etc. mac miller and wiz are just not good. Lloyd Banks is from the G-Unit era/early 00s. i'm talking about a new generation. Im asking where are the East Coast's KRIT and Kendricks. Where's the East Coast's J Coles and Stalleys and Fashawns and Dee 1s. The infrastructure is there.

Pittsbrugh culturally similar? idk where u get that from but at the end of the day its the east coast, and maybe YOU dont like them but obv alot of people do seeing how Wizkahlifa got the internet and the mainstream n mac has a huge following, so obv they nice on the mic. I ? with them, jus like how i ? with alot of other lyrical artist as well.

East coast for Stalley, J.cole, Kendrick, n Big KRIT

For now we just got

Pro Era (i have to hear more music)= Kendrick n J.cole (interms of being a breath of fresh air, but we'll see how time goes)
    Action Bronson=Stalley (from a lyrical standpoint)
    Joell Ortiz = Fashawn (from a image and exposure and lyrical ability standpoint)

With that being said, Im not sayin an artist is better or not or even equal even though i blantanlty use the "=" what i meant by using the "=" is that basically these artist are lyrically somewhat similar but their appeal and how their music sounds sonically and how they carry their message is different but on the same level at the same time

I mean the east coast had it for 20 years, somebody else is gonna come up eventually, the east coast still always has great artist tho, but this is america man, theres gonna be talent coming from everywhere its your brand, not just the east coast.

NYC is the mecca tho, and even tho its a slow season

SIDENOTE: Mac Miller was the best concert ive ever been to in my life 2 weeks ago!!

it was

Cyphers (i was killin em)
    Had "groupies" cuz i wass the only black dude there spittin ill rhymes, jawns comin up sayin "? ur that guy spittin rhymes, we have weed)
    like a good 15 people crowd surfed
    MAD WEED
    ? DOWN made out with 2 jawns danced with like countless
    mad alchol
    sweatin, pushin shovin but it was all love
    Shiiiiiiii four songs in Mac was tellin people to "calm the ? down"

and ive been to: Talib Kweli, J.cole (twice), Rick Ross, Masta Ace, Redman, and those concerts sonically were better BUT mac's stage presence was crazy, talib kweli was a close 2nd tho minus the ?