DDP in WWE

Options
Dat1Dude7
Dat1Dude7 Members Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in Off The Turn Buckle
Did WWE try to bury him intentionally or did he & WWE have faith in the stalker and Positively Page gimmicks?

Comments

• Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think DDP pitched the idea to be a stalker and to make himself look like a fool.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    DDP was well past his prime to be anything more than a jobber. Definitley one of the most underrated stars of WCW
  • Dat1Dude7
    Options
    how dare u

DDP was always a great worker.
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Self High Five.....
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    DDP's WWE run was hard to watch
  • herbalism101
    herbalism101 Members Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You know it`s funny you guys are talking about DDP in WWE. I just read this article on Wrestlinginc.com about DDP wanting to originally do an angle with Rocky...Check it out, I think it would`ve worked...

Steven Muehlhausen of The Fight Club Chicago radio show recently conducted an interview with "Diamond" Dallas Page. During the interview, DDP revealed that his only regret in wrestling was an idea for his WWE debut involving The Rock that he never pushed for, and instead took the stalker angle angle with The Undertaker.
    "I figured out how I'm gonna go show up in the WWF when I finally go there," said Page, regarding the proposed angle. "[WWE is] gonna turn off all the lights and everybody's gonna think it's gonna be Jericho. But it's gonna go 10 seconds, 20 seconds, still no lights. JR goes, 'hold on we got a problem here, just hang with us.' Then you hear my voice for the first time in a WWF arena, [saying] 'whose the real people's champion?' The spotlight hits me and I go, 'Your lookin at him.'

"The place pops, yells, boos, cheers, whatever. I do the diamond cutter sign, boom! Big explosion. I go to the ring and I start busting The Rock's chops. He can be hurt, maybe he's doing a movie or something. The Rock wasn't in a movie spot at that point, but that's where my head was going. I was literally seeing my destiny. If I would have stayed the course. When I got there to do the stalker thing, Vince [McMahon] and Shane [McMahon] really wanted me to do that. I didn't want to do that, but I agreed to that. But, I gave them this idea that I just gave you, not as this is what I want to do, because this is why I can deliver the goods, [but] because it's gonna be awesome. [I should have said] If you don't want to do this, fine I'm outta here. But I didn't do that. And that was my first goal that I ever really, totally had the whole manifestation. The whole thing right there and I dropped the ball."

Page also discussed his thoughts on CM Punk/Chris Jericho and The Rock/John Cena matches at Wrestlemania and why he feels that this will be the last match for The Undertaker. You can check out the full 50 minute interview at sportstownchicago.com/fightclub.

Raj Giri is the owner of WrestlingINC.com. Follow him on Twitter by clicking the "Follow" button: Follow @RajGiri_303
  • Dat1Dude7
    Options
    thanx for the drop herbalism

i knew he coudlnt have been all in wit that stalker ?

that was jus a terrible way for him to come in.
    that angle is somethin you do once you've been in the company.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man was old flabby and sick when he got to the WWE.
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WWE made DDP look like a fool. ? wasn't even funny after a while
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    please dont remind me of that cluster ? wwe invasion storyline....
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If it was true that he really couldn't read the WWE could have made a great storyline of that
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The WWE did all the WCW stars ?
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah. I hated what the 'E did to him.

? was in the trenches during the whole nWo ? . That feud with Macho Man was some ill ? .
  • Dat1Dude7
    Options
    Yeah. I hated what the 'E did to him.

? was in the trenches during the whole nWo ? . That feud with Macho Man was some ill ? .

DDP wit the taped up ribs & blue jeans is the epitome of soldier and people's champ to me.
    Rock made the term more popular but DDP lived that ? every week. Diamond Cutters to whoever in the ring.
    Even when Sting & Luger put on "the shirt" DDP was still fighting the power.

? jus hurt me to see he get saddled wit two bad gimmicks in a row when he came up north.