What should the Rams do with the #1 overrall pick in the draft?

Options
MillzOG
MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
edited March 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
Everybody was talkin bout Suh, or Gerald McCoy for #1 pick...

me, i say pick a QB....if I was the Rams i'd pick Clausen over Bradford but i think they'll take Bradford

and honestly, i think Suh is gonna be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than McCoy...thats just me

Comments

• detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    they should get Suh but they gonna take Bradford and regret it. Thats ok cuz my lions will pick up Suh real quick
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I always think that if whoever is picking #1 isn't dead set on a person, they should trade away that pick, but with that said I think they need Suh, and pick up a qb in the 2nd round, but they'll probably take Bradford
  • iAMNOVA
    iAMNOVA Members Posts: 2,493 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    trade it for a time machine...and go back to 99
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    trade down for more picks is the obvious choice but nobody wants to trade up and pay that much money to an unproven quantity. i doubt theyll be able to trade the pick

i say they take clausen. suh is nice but a d-lineman isnt turning around a franchise and d-lineman have a higher bust rate than QBs
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ? Shitman wrote: »
    trade down for more picks is the obvious choice but nobody wants to trade up and pay that much money to an unproven quantity. i doubt theyll be able to trade the pick

i say they take clausen. suh is nice but a d-lineman isnt turning around a franchise and d-lineman have a higher bust rate than QBs

i agree i think clausen is better. even though suh is a lineman, he will positivley change a franchise which is rare. i watched his games and he stood out every time i saw him and he has great character
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    i agree i think clausen is better. even though suh is a lineman, he will positivley change a franchise which is rare. i watched his games and he stood out every time i saw him and he has great character

nothing against suh, because i think he'll be a good player, but theyve taken first round d-lineman in 2 of the last 3 drafts. thats a lot of money in one position. they have to blow that team up are start over. new starts usually mean new QBs

the lions getting suh would be a good look though. they are putting together some nice pieces, even though im not big on matt stafford
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    give it to my Niners....lol
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I just feel like there is so much risk in drafting a qb with the 1st pick, especially if one doesn't really stand out more than the other.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    to many holes they should trade down and take a QB in the late first early second liek McCoy or Pike
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Get Sou, none of those QBs are gonna pan out to be franchise qbs and take a good O-Lineman with their next pick, the draft is deep with O-Linemen. They can pick up a QB in free agency
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    there gona take bradford....i would draft suh n wait next year n get qb from washington locker.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    Options
    to many holes they should trade down and take a QB in the late first early second liek McCoy or Pike

lol they better not take Pike in the 2nd....they talkin bout Pike not comin off the board till like the 4th round, i think he'll be a steal
  • jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    They SHOULD take Bradford. He's the best QB available and thats something that they need. You say trade down, but its a lot harder to trade that thing when there's not a clear cut #1. Them drafting a D-Lineman doesnt make sense either.. they have taken plenty of d-lineman in the 1st round and none of them have panned out.