Blu - UCLA?

Options
bdbdbd
bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in The Essence
ok so after doing some research, i have come to realise that blu recorded over a lot of madlibs beats without madlibs consent adn tried to sell them....resulting in madlib pulling ALL links from the internet.

now when it comes to blu and madlib (my fave MC and one of my fav Beatsmiths) i always buy, but i cant even buy as all links to buy are now non functional....
if anyone has a hook up please PM me,
and to those that have heard it, whats it saying?

Comments

• RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can't request links here but it is interesting to hear of this...

UGHH.com usually has a lot of Blu's projects so check that site out.
  • bdbdbd
    edited March 2012
    Options
    nah man i wasnt requesting links....i know how this site works,
    like i said i bin spent many days trying to buy it,

i realise how i worded it it sounded like i was asking for a link....well maybe i kinda was.

but ? , im desperate.....i done exhausted all avenues...tried buying it, tried getting it on bootleg but its nowhere, im so ? .

ill check ughh though....thanks for the heads up brother...sacrificed a GOAT in your honour
  • RuffDraft
    Options
    bdbdbd wrote: »
    nah man i wasnt requesting links....i know how this site works,
    like i said i bin spent many days trying to buy it,

i realise how i worded it it sounded like i was asking for a link....well maybe i kinda was.

but ? , im desperate.....i done exhausted all avenues...tried buying it, tried getting it on bootleg but its nowhere, im so ? .

ill check ughh though....thanks for the heads up brother...sacrificed a GOAT in your honour

I know what you mean when it comes to finding projects, you'll buy as long as they're available… after reading more into this, UGHH will not be able to distribute it, however they're still a good source for a lot of music.

However, this IS still available but only through torrents… it's up to you if you search in Google for it.

Blu seems to be showing more and more that he really doesn't care about anything other than the music. He doesn't care about releasing projects early that annoy other collaborators and his lack of caring for how it sounds or his taste for lack-lustre clarity is a growing shame. Now he doesn't even let Madlib know about his most recent project where he jacks his beats and sells them at a profit? LOL.

Exile needs to pull his man to one side and let it be known that there are more important things than his strange creative surges that only seem to displease fans. We want a complete product if we're putting our money towards it.
  • bdbdbd
    Options
    true dat man, i swear its always the most talented ones that are the most insane.....like how you just gonna jack a well known and respected producers beats and then try sell it on....

dude needs to get his head together....ill always check for him though, no matter how ? up his actions his are or low quality and experimental his music is, he still puts out quite a lot whilst maintaining a very high level of skill on the mic..
    ill check the torrents...thanx bro
  • bdbdbd
    Options
    found it brother......much love
  • RuffDraft
    edited March 2012
    Options
    true dat man, i swear its always the most talented ones that are the most insane.....like how you just gonna jack a well known and respected producers beats and then try sell it on....

dude needs to get his head together....ill always check for him though, no matter how ? up his actions his are or low quality and experimental his music is, he still puts out quite a lot whilst maintaining a very high level of skill on the mic..

Yeah, agreed on everything. Blu is a masterful artist but his bizarre choices let him down.

Nobody would have predicted this for the dude who brought the polished masterpiece, BTH.

But he's not the only artist who has disappointed as such following a great first release.

What are your thoughts to UCLA?
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn i didnt know he jacked those beats, i thought they were working on an official project. I hate how BTH was the only mastered album (i know theres No York! but i dont like it too much)

You can tell on the unmastered projects, if there were mastered versions i think he would have a lot more respected catalogue. Dunno if hes just giving a "? you" to the Execs or if hes going thru some sort of artistic issue. I know a fan stopped him mid show because he was giving a ? performance and the fan called him out on it and got cheers from the crowd. hope Blu aint pulling a charles hamilton lol.
  • bdbdbd
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »

Yeah, agreed on everything. Blu is a masterful artist but his bizarre choices let him down.

Nobody would have predicted this for the dude who brought the polished masterpiece, BTH.

But he's not the only artist who has disappointed as such following a great first release.

yeh man, i was reading some fans reviews of his stage performance saying he was always too ? or high to put on a good show...its a shame man. its like he is hiphops pete doherty or amy winehouse.

was "give me my flowers...." mixed and mastered? i remember it sounding significantly better than a lot of his other releases.

maaaaaaaaan, UCLA....i know for a fact, had he mixed and mastered it i would have loved it....there are some dope tracks and beats on there...Call my nga(such a raw beat), burgundy whip, play w/love, giv m up....man the whole tape is sick, just i can barely listen to some songs ? of the quality, and on top of that i swear he makes a few mistakes and repeats a few lines in different songs (cant think off the top of my head which ones)

i hope he sorts it out with madlib and gets this done properly.

i swear dilla did the same thing with madlib beats and madlib and him ended up doing jaylib as a result (i think i read or saw an interview where madlib was saying so)
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Give me my flowers was not mastered. It does sound a lot better than previous unmastered albums tho. on the version i have atleast the first few songs sound pretty clear but then there will be a couple songs i have to turn my volume way up to barely hear.

I heard that there is a Mastered Version of Jesus tho. i havent listened to all of that album because mine is the unmastered and i can barely make out what hes saying in a couple songs. that song What if, has one of the illest beats ever lol.
  • RuffDraft
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Damn i didnt know he jacked those beats, i thought they were working on an official project. I hate how BTH was the only mastered album (i know theres No York! but i dont like it too much)

You can tell on the unmastered projects, if there were mastered versions i think he would have a lot more respected catalogue. Dunno if hes just giving a "? you" to the Execs or if hes going thru some sort of artistic issue. I know a fan stopped him mid show because he was giving a ? performance and the fan called him out on it and got cheers from the crowd. hope Blu aint pulling a charles hamilton lol.

Pulling a 'Charles Hamilton' is definitely a term nowadays lol.

Blu needs to assert why it is, IMO. He hasn't really been challenged about it in interviews as far as I'm aware?

Sucks that he isn't performing well at shows too. DMX is the only other artist I've seen live that's been booed on stage… simply for turning up late. He managed to get away with it and only performed for 45 minutes. One of the worst shows I've attended although you can't knock his on stage presence and catalog for a great show.
    RuffDraft wrote: »

yeh man, i was reading some fans reviews of his stage performance saying he was always too ? or high to put on a good show...its a shame man. its like he is hiphops pete doherty or amy winehouse.

was "give me my flowers...." mixed and mastered? i remember it sounding significantly better than a lot of his other releases.

maaaaaaaaan, UCLA....i know for a fact, had he mixed and mastered it i would have loved it....there are some dope tracks and beats on there...Call my nga(such a raw beat), burgundy whip, play w/love, giv m up....man the whole tape is sick, just i can barely listen to some songs ? of the quality, and on top of that i swear he makes a few mistakes and repeats a few lines in different songs (cant think off the top of my head which ones)

i hope he sorts it out with madlib and gets this done properly.

i swear dilla did the same thing with madlib beats and madlib and him ended up doing jaylib as a result (i think i read or saw an interview where madlib was saying so)

Please don't mention him in the same breath as Pete Doherty LOL.

I'll check UCLA out, I break up this Friday so I'm going to have a few hip hop days whilst working on something else. Currently reading some hip hop books as well, so I'm enjoying the music at the minute.

I think Madlib must be 'mad' at this though, no? Has he released any statements or had an interview where he's said that they're cool afterwards? If not, it doesn't look well when a producer pulls YOUR project :/

Yeah, that's true… or thereabouts, the interviews that I've seen on their collaborations were largely based around them being likeminded though and apparently the way they worked together was in a way that only they could in terms of understanding one another. Geniuses.

Dilla's missed a lot in hip hop. I prefer him over Madlib. Shame.