interesting read on harrison barnes...

2»

Comments

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.D. wrote: »
    Barnes has far more issues than Rose

His offensive game is limited to his step back jumper and he does nothing else

With high praise comes high expectations and he turned out to be less than underwhelming

His mid range game is nice...according to u what does he need to do then? No one but maybe Vince Carter or Rashad McCants (example) came out with advanced skill set.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭

With high praise comes high expectations and he turned out to be less than underwhelming

His mid range game is nice...according to u what does he need to do then? No one but maybe Vince Carter or Rashad McCants (example) came out with advanced skill set.

I pointed out earlier that he's slow, doesn't have a quick first step to get by people, cant really get into the lane and when he does cant finish.

Honestly he needs to work on his whole game because he doesnt really have a skill set. It looks like he got by in high school on being bigger than everybody else and he's a good shooter
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R.D.

thats how NC's squad got by in HS in general, they're all lanky and long with no game .....
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

I pointed out earlier that he's slow, doesn't have a quick first step to get by people, cant really get into the lane and when he does cant finish.

Honestly he needs to work on his whole game because he doesnt really have a skill set. It looks like he got by in high school on being bigger than everybody else and he's a good shooter

Being able to shoot is gonna be the reason he has a long NBA career especially if he can consistently hit the 3. But like I said what u mentioned is stuff that he can improve on w some time in the gym... Players can reinvent themselves. Obviously the kid has gotten better from his frosh to soph season meaning he is a hardworker. I just hate how ppl are willing to goodnight the kid cuz he aint go Kemba Walker on mofos.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    Yea Harrison Barnes dont impress me , he seems like someone who plays Basketball cuz he can and dont have a real drive for it , the guy Motor is so low on the court if i was a Scout i would ask him straight up "How much do you love basketball?"

College aint even all that Loaded like it use to he should have been dominating these dudes game in and game out , he's just a nice laid back player that hardly ever pushes himself to the next level ..and his game is the exact same as it was Leaving HS , besides adding a little weight his game hasn't improved really since his HS days

i do think he has the skills, but also i dont think he has his heart 100% in it or his mentality ..
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elzo69 hit in on the head...BArnes main problem was that he was to unselfish...he was so caught up on being a team player that he hesitated to takeover game....he didn't really get the freedom that players like KD and beasley got.....his college career is similar too Rudy ? 's....I don't see him being a superstar but he will be a all star type career based off having a money mid range game and good court vision.....plus he's shown he can be a capable three point shooter and slasher..mind you this ? is only 19 he has room too improve......
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    barnes is gonna have a career similar to luol deng. the best thing he has going for him is he is a smart kid and has his head on straight so he will be able to reinvent his game once he gets into the league and maybe he can be a good third option on a championship caliber team
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barnes > Rivers