The lost gospels -Why where they left out????

Comments

• rapluva
    rapluva Members Posts: 232
    edited March 2010
    The church doesnt own nor have they ever owned the lost gospels what are you talking about, the vatican has denied the validity of the lost gospels where do you get they made them available?

The only reason they didnt include the lost gospels they did have in the bible is it didnt help the christians personal agenda not because they were wrong.

Who'z talking about the "VATICAN", IF U call the Vatican the Church u don't know the history of the Church, y r all of u talking about this Vatican in Rome when we talk about "THE CHURCH", I've already told yall the Roman Catholic Church (The Vatican) didn't start till June 1054 A.D.

SO GET YA FACTS STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    TX_Made713 wrote: »
    do you believe luke and john wrote their own gospels?? if so just leave the discussion now and go to a bible study or something

U do realize calling into to question the authenticity of the authorship behind the books in our current bibles even more so calls into question the authorship and authenticity of these purported 'lost gospels' rite or did u overlook that point?
  • ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited March 2010
    U do realize calling into to question the authenticity of the authorship behind the books in our current bibles even more so calls into question the authorship and authenticity of these purported 'lost gospels' rite or did u overlook that point?

No one said specific people wrote the lost gospels, people know the lost gospels were wrote by foillowers of the disciples as well. Just as the bibles gospiles were wrote by followers. You should think about changin your name to somethin else.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited March 2010
    rapluva wrote: »
    Who'z talking about the "VATICAN", IF U call the Vatican the Church u don't know the history of the Church, y r all of u talking about this Vatican in Rome when we talk about "THE CHURCH", I've already told yall the Roman Catholic Church (The Vatican) didn't start till June 1054 A.D.

SO GET YA FACTS STRAIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ment the Vatican is supposedly the highest place you can get to, they are the ones who hold of the bibles information, scrolls, gospels etc.. in their archives. The lost gospels have never passed through there so I dont get how your saying any church told people about them when they havent even passed through the oh so holy library yet. What does its date have to do with anything it was there when the lost gospels were found so why woudlnt they ask for them since they make them available? Vatican officials (again the highest authority on this issue) as well as alot of biblical scholars say these gospels are wrong yet how would they know? The lost gospels are carbondated to the same time as the regulaur gospels so what makes them any less official then the next?
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Some of the books go against the agenda. And they needed to be kept out and out of sight long enough for the official version to take root.
    this is truth to the fullest...
  • Rock_Well
    edited March 2010
    There is physical proof of these gospels, there are gospels left out of the bible that have been found and radiocarbon dated to within 200 years after jesus' death, which btw is the same time table the bibles gospels were carbon dated to.

@ Solid Analysis did you ever attend church or do any kind of research to draw a solid analysis, even the church will tell you the original gospels were wrote by followers of the disciples not by the disciples themselves.
    Your first point doesn't prove who wrote what, assuming those dates are even accurate, and also some shady writings turning up claiming to be gospels years after they were written, assuming that's true, the problem would be it isn't consistent and doesn't line up to the character the previous writings known and already proven to be from ? line up to.

Also u say 'the church' but the 'the church' is not the source of truth, the church job is to teach and uphold the truth (? 's word). Now if ' the church' u mentioning is denying any part of ? 's word in their teaching and continues to do so without change, then by what authority are they claiming to be 'the church' cuz is surely isn't by ? 's, which must be proven from scripture, which they desrtoy the unity of in their doctrine.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited March 2010
    Your first point doesn't prove who wrote what, assuming those dates are even accurate, and also some shady writings turning up claiming to be gospels years after they were written, assuming that's true, the problem would be it isn't consistent and doesn't line up to the character the previous writings known and already proven to be from ? line up to.

Also u say 'the church' but the 'the church' is not the source of truth, the church job is to teach and uphold the truth (? 's word). Now if ' the church' u mentioning is denying any part of ? 's word in their teaching and continues to do so without change, then by what authority are they claiming to be 'the church' cuz is surely isn't by ? 's, which must be proven from scripture, which they desrtoy the unity of in their doctrine.

Explain to me why your gospels are right then. Some guy went through them late after Jesus was gone and selected which ones he though looked good together so what makes your gospels any more right than the others out there that were written at or around the same time. No gospel was written the disciples themselves so why are the ones not used automatically inaccurate? You keep side stepping my question. There are other gospels who coincide with each other why are those not accepted but the other ones that aligned were? You think its just a coincidence the lost gospels were hidden and buried and just werent destroyed I mean if they were absolutely incorrect they should of had no problem just destroying them.
  • TX_Made713
    TX_Made713 Members Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Is that a serious question? I thought April fool's day was on Thursday? Am I missing something?:confused:

you'd be surprised at some people..........they swear king james wrote the bible
  • rapluva
    edited March 2010
    i ment the vatican is supposedly the highest place you can get to, they are the ones who hold of the bibles information, scrolls, gospels etc.. In their archives. The lost gospels have never passed through there so i dont get how your saying any church told people about them when they havent even passed through the oh so holy library yet. What does its date have to do with anything it was there when the lost gospels were found so why woudlnt they ask for them since they make them available? Vatican officials (again the highest authority on this issue) as well as alot of biblical scholars say these gospels are wrong yet how would they know? The lost gospels are carbondated to the same time as the regulaur gospels so what makes them any less official then the next?

MY ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't even know where 2 beginnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, what do u know about the History of Christianity ??????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited March 2010
    rapluva wrote: »
    MY ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't even know where 2 beginnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, what do u know about the History of Christianity ??????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you know the answers then why have you yet to answer my question? Your the holder of all acient knowledge so please enlighten me. Stop side stepping my questions.

By the way I believe you used your Gods name in vain? Off to hell you go sinner.
  • Rock_Well
    edited March 2010
    Explain to me why your gospels are right then. Some guy went through them late after Jesus was gone and selected which ones he though looked good together so what makes your gospels any more right than the others out there that were written at or around the same time.

That's false information.
    No gospel was written the disciples themselves so why are the ones not used automatically inaccurate?

That's false information too bruh.
    You keep side stepping my question. There are other gospels who coincide with each other why are those not accepted but the other ones that aligned were? You think its just a coincidence the lost gospels were hidden and buried and just werent destroyed I mean if they were absolutely incorrect they should of had no problem just destroying them.

Skeptics use arguments like this and all of the above for the purpose of casting doubt. It's easier to keep advocates of ? 's word at bay that way. They never seem to come with a better solution though.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    is there a link to these lost gospels.
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Because just because ? "inspired" somebody to write something doesnt mean he wanted everybody to read it.

THe lost gospels were like ? 's diary. It was supposed to be a secret. When they were found he got all mad and stuff. Thats why we have all these earthquakes and tsunamis.

TRUE STORY.
  • TX_Made713
    edited March 2010

Skeptics use arguments like this and all of the above for the purpose of casting doubt. It's easier to keep advocates of ? 's word at bay that way. They never seem to come with a better solution though.

why? because you said so?

constantine was the one who decided what went where
  • TX_Made713
    edited March 2010
    Because just because ? "inspired" somebody to write something doesnt mean he wanted everybody to read it.

THe lost gospels were like ? 's diary. It was supposed to be a secret. When they were found he got all mad and stuff. Thats why we have all these earthquakes and tsunamis.

TRUE STORY.

if ? didnt want anyone to read it he wouldnt have even inpired it in the first place..thats man not wanting people to read it, so they could be brainwashed
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    why? because you said so?

constantine was the one who decided what went where

WRONG. ? decided what went in and what stayed out. What part of Sovereign do you not understand TxMade? No wonder you lost whatever "Faith" you used to have. You have no clue who ? is.

"Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." Matthew 7:20

? always hits the nail right on the head.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited March 2010

Im done talkin about it with it you its obvious you literally think ? took a tablet and pen and wrote the bible and that somehow the disciples lived to be clear into their 300's since that would be the only logical way that they themselves could have written the gospels. Good thing to know Constetine must never had existed neither.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    if ? didnt want anyone to read it he wouldnt have even inpired it in the first place..thats man not wanting people to read it, so they could be brainwashed

People are inspired all the time by things, just because they call it ? doesn't mean it was divine! :)
  • rapluva
    edited March 2010
    If you know the answers then why have you yet to answer my question? Your the holder of all acient knowledge so please enlighten me. Stop side stepping my questions.

By the way I believe you used your Gods name in vain? Off to hell you go sinner.

Thats NOT the defenition of "uzin ? 'z name in vain" accordin 2 the CHURCH, but U don't even know this scince u don't know the history of the CHURCH, I'll explain it 2 U when I have come up with a simple way 4 u 2 understand it, becauze I know 4 a FACT U'LL get lost in my regular way of explanation. (ANY 1 who thinks the Roman Catholoic Church iz the Church ABSOLUTLY doezn't know the History of Christianity/Church), just b patient my child I'll get 2 u.
  • TX_Made713
    edited March 2010
    WRONG. ? decided what went in and what stayed out. What part of Sovereign do you not understand TxMade? No wonder you lost whatever "Faith" you used to have. You have no clue who ? is.

"Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." Matthew 7:20

? always hits the nail right on the head.

Im starting to think your a christian computer program...your losing touch on reality.

http://www.bibleufo.com/anomlostbooks.htm
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2010
    Im starting to think your a christian computer program...your losing touch on reality.

http://www.bibleufo.com/anomlostbooks.htm

Lol. You change your links twice and they still haven't provided you any support to your claim. Get a clue TxMade. The canon of scripture wasn't decided at the Council of Nicea. Here is an excerpt from the first link you promptly erased.

"Constantine, and the Council of Nicea, for that matter, had virtually nothing to do with the forming of the canon. It was not even discussed at Nicea. The council that formed an undisputed decision on the canon took place at Carthage in 397, sixty years after Constantine's death. However, long before Constantine, 21 books were acknowledged by all Christians (the 4 Gospels, Acts, 13 Paul, 1 Peter, 1 John, Revelation). There were 10 disputed books (Hebrews, James, 2 Peter, 2-3 John, Jude, Ps-Barnabas, Hermas, Didache, Gospel of Hebrews) and several that most all considered heretical—Gospels of Peter, Thomas, Matthaias, Acts of Andrew, John, etc."

Do your homework first my friend.

But anyways, you still haven't told me if you understand what sovereignty means?
  • TX_Made713
    edited March 2010
    Lol. You change your links twice and they still haven't provided you any support to your claim. Get a clue TxMade. The canon of scripture wasn't decided at the Council of Nicea. Here is an excerpt from the first link you promptly erased.

"Constantine, and the Council of Nicea, for that matter, had virtually nothing to do with the forming of the canon. It was not even discussed at Nicea. The council that formed an undisputed decision on the canon took place at Carthage in 397, sixty years after Constantine's death. However, long before Constantine, 21 books were acknowledged by all Christians (the 4 Gospels, Acts, 13 Paul, 1 Peter, 1 John, Revelation). There were 10 disputed books (Hebrews, James, 2 Peter, 2-3 John, Jude, Ps-Barnabas, Hermas, Didache, Gospel of Hebrews) and several that most all considered heretical—Gospels of Peter, Thomas, Matthaias, Acts of Andrew, John, etc."

Do your homework first my friend.

But anyways, you still haven't told me if you understand what sovereignty means?

if you must know i changed the link because it was a biased christian site.

sovereignty
    sov·er·eign·ty   /ˈsɒvrɪnti, ˈsʌv-/ Show Spelled[sov-rin-tee, suhv-] Show IPA
    –noun,plural-ties.
    1.the quality or state of being sovereign.
    2.the status, dominion, power, or authority of a sovereign; royalty.
    3.supreme and independent power or authority in government as possessed or claimed by a state or community.
    4.rightful status, independence, or prerogative.
    5.a sovereign state, community, or political unit.

naw...i dont know what it means....

get a clue goingru, would u be surprised to find out jesus was married with children, or do you ignore that due to it bein left out in your so called bible

is that a very christian like action your showin in your avatar?
  • edeeesq
    edeeesq Members Posts: 511
    edited March 2010
    Advertisement:

? 's Publishing Company - Making and Bibles and ? since......The beginning...!
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited March 2010
    if you must know i changed the link because it was a biased christian site.

sovereignty
    sov·er·eign·ty   /ˈsɒvrɪnti, ˈsʌv-/ Show Spelled[sov-rin-tee, suhv-] Show IPA
    –noun,plural-ties.
    1.the quality or state of being sovereign.
    2.the status, dominion, power, or authority of a sovereign; royalty.
    3.supreme and independent power or authority in government as possessed or claimed by a state or community.
    4.rightful status, independence, or prerogative.
    5.a sovereign state, community, or political unit.

naw...i dont know what it means....

get a clue goingru, would u be surprised to find out jesus was married with children, or do you ignore that due to it bein left out in your so called bible

is that a very christian like action your showin in your avatar?

LOL. Rule #1 in Tx Made book: "after you have been dismantled thoroughly in a discussion resort to Ad hominem in order to save face."
  • TX_Made713
    edited March 2010
    Rule #1 in Tx Made book

well my rule #1 doesnt contradict anything else in the book unlike yours

Rule number #1 in goingru's book:

I am the Lord your ? , who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery; you shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the LORD your ? am a jealous ? , punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and fourth generation of those who reject me, but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments.

yet he sends people to hell for bein jealous and envious....care to explain that one?