The Return of the Mac; Beanie Siegel gets a New Deal with BMI, New Mixtape coming soon

MC The Rapper
MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in The Reason
Philadelphia rapper Beanie Sigel has announced exclusively to AllHipHop.com that he signed a new EMI distribution deal under the guidance of industry veteran Chris Shwartz.

During a studio session in Brooklyn, New York last night (March 28), Beanie Sigel spoke one-on-one with AllHipHop.com about the new deal and what it means for the future of his solo career, and more importantly, his State Property affiliates.

“That’s what kind of pushed me to really do this album. I was sought out by Chris Shwartz. He had a situation at EMI and was looking for an artist,” Beanie Sigel explained. ”I had just recorded a couple songs in the studio. Somebody heard a record and was like, ‘You should check out Beanie; he hasn’t been doing anything.’

“The first conversation was kind of generic – it was like, ‘Uhh yeah.’ I had deals on the table; I’ve been approached by everybody from everywhere – from E1, well to Kotch first, to E1 to Asylum. For me to sign to a major, it’s like, ‘For what?’ I’m too far advanced in my career to go to a 360 deal. I’ve learned too much of the business to put myself in that position now.”

Comments

• MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the founders of Philadelphia’s State Property rap collaborative that includes Freeway, Peedi Crakk, Young Chris, and others, Beanie Sigel has been plagued over the past few years by legal and industry woes. His well-publicized split with Roc-A-Fella Records in 2009 left him without a label deal, and prison time further stymied his recording.

In 2010, while working with 50 Cent in a rumored agreement with G-Unit, he announced his plans to retire from rap. Now, according to Beanie Sigel, the EMI deal signifies his return to an industry that has changed immensely in the past two to three years alone. With Chris Shwartz, he feels he has the backing of someone reputable who has signed past artists such as The Fugees and Nas.

“If you’ve been through what I’ve been through in my career, you wouldn’t trust no one. You’ll fourth guess everything. What made me do the deal with Chris Shwartz was actually to get the deal together for State Property,” Beanie Sigel said.

“I don’t’ wanna be selfish – it’s selfish to the people,” he added. “That’s the only reason why I’m doing this. It’s not fun for me no more; it’s work. It used to be fun, and when it starts turning into work, it’s not fun no more.

“But I haven’t been missing. I’ve been missed,” Beanie Sigel reflected with a smile. “I’ve got tons and tons and tons of music that the world has never heard yet. I could make an entire album tomorrow.”

Beanie Sigel plans to release a mixtape in the coming weeks, and his new album, The Classic, is slated for a Summer 2012 release.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    i will be checking for this
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if this was three years ago........naw i still wouldnt give a ?
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought he said he retired? idk he was prolly high in that vid
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always gotta peep the Beans albums first 3 were dope.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool hopefully he can still pick beats..
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll check it out. I know Freeway's got a mixtape on the way too
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely checkin for this
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good for Beans. A stand up ? like him deserved a break. HE WAS THE BACKBONE AND STREET IMAGE OF ROCAFELLA RECORDS.PERIOD. Beans was the General in the Mobb Deep/Lox/Nas Wars. It took a lot of nerve for a philly ? to bring his crew on NEW YORK airwaves to diss and rip some hometown ? . When Nas dropped that Ether on the Roc Jay Z took his ? ass to france to go hottubbing naked in france rockin flip flops with bono. Beans the one who built State Property up to give them a Gold album and a hit with roc the mic. also the state p album opened up 3 careers. Freeway, Young Gunz and Peedi. Freeway 400k with no promotion. debut album. Young Gunz had Gold single with what ever that song is called and a Gold album. Peedi had a crazy buzz and the streets ate up anything associated with him. Peedi is the main reason why Def Jam gave dame the green light for SP2. Beans is a loyal soldier. A no questions asked shooter. He was ready to scrap for Jay Z and 50 Cent without a blink and both of them ? ? took that ? for granted. I dont see why Rick Ross wont add Beans to his roster. Beans would slaughter that ross style productions and make MMG East have a tighter stranglehold in philly. I see what Ross doin. ? NEW YORK. PA>NY
  • eonimod
    eonimod Members Posts: 225
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    I dont see why Rick Ross wont add Beans to his roster. Beans would slaughter that ross style productions and make MMG East have a tighter stranglehold in philly.

now that i think of it beans would murk them beats
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    I dont see why Rick Ross wont add Beans to his roster. Beans would slaughter that ross style productions and make MMG East have a tighter stranglehold in philly.

now that i think of it beans would murk them beats

No doubt..I was just thinking about that same ? ..Beans and SP + MMG/Ross Justice League productions= new millennium street ? .