REPRESENT

Options
SlickestR
SlickestR Members Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in The Reason
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKYkDwzi-FI

this track is just sooo ? awesome. perfect time to bump this is late at night chillin with the ? .

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    One of my favorites on illmatic
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My favorite. I remember when a ? try to say it was on the level of one time for your mind.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    This ? will put you in a NY state of mind without ever being in NY.
  • SlickestR
    Options
    Nas man... I wish this ? made a 2012 illmatic... same world play structure, flow...

10 track, with the reminisce of the illmatic tracks flipped with a more modern sounding beats

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bumpin Illmatic and The Blueprint while entering NYC>>>>>
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Imo Nas can still make an Illmatic or Stillmatic...
  • Stew
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »

We will never see an Illmatic again, dude was a hungry ass teenager. Impossible to recreate. He can make another Stillmatic tho.
  • SlickestR
    edited March 2012
    Options

so why doesn't he?

i mean if Elzhi can flip ? with Illmatic on Elmatic and get almost the same praise like Nas did

why doesn't he do that, at least for his last album. i don't even know what the ? might call it...
    but from where he is now and apply all the experiences the success and struggles from that into

an illmatic format and that ? will bang... Classic. Simple. Lyrical. Conceptual. Everlasting.

? man, that ? he spat on Live On the BQQ doesn't even sound anything remotely to that from Nas
    for the exceptions of "Nasty" "Sly Fox" and some others, y'all ? help me out. yaknowwhatimsayin?
  • trilladelic
    trilladelic Members Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    school dropout, neva like tha ? frum day 1..
  • Stew
    Options
    SlickestR wrote: »

so why doesn't he?

i mean if Elzhi can flip ? with Illmatic on Elmatic and get almost the same praise like Nas did

why doesn't he do that, at least for his last album. i don't even know what the ? might call it...
    but from where he is now and apply all the experiences the success and struggles from that into

an illmatic format and that ? will bang... Classic. Simple. Lyrical. Conceptual. Everlasting.

? man, that ? he spat on Live On the BQQ doesn't even sound anything remotely to that from Nas
    for the exceptions of "Nasty" "Sly Fox" and some others, y'all ? help me out. yaknowwhatimsayin?

He's not a broke teenager anymore. He's a wealthy grown ass man. No way he can recreate what Illmatic was.
  • SlickestR
    Options
    He's not a broke teenager anymore. He's a wealthy grown ass man. No way he can recreate what Illmatic was.

i'm not buying that. Elzhi ain't a broke teenager and this ? did his flipped it nicely.

i'm not even talking about the aspect of being a broke teenager, obviously he can't recreate Illmatic like that because he is a weathly grown ass man, but making such altered version of illmatic in the aspect of a weathly grown ass man.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We will never see an Illmatic again, dude was a hungry ass teenager. Impossible to recreate. He can make another Stillmatic tho.

yeah, nas be heated when he wanna be. i remember when i first heard Main Source "Live at the BBQ", I must have rewinded the nas verse 10 times. I don't even think I've ever listened to the whole song all the way thru. He was the definition of hungry mc back then, no denying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-zndpG0eS8

• SlickestR
    Options
    its like when ? automatically become legends, they stop trying a little.
  • Stew
    Options

i'm not buying that. Elzhi ain't a broke teenager and this ? did his flipped it nicely.

i'm not even talking about the aspect of being a broke teenager, obviously he can't recreate Illmatic like that because he is a weathly grown ass man, but making such altered version of illmatic in the aspect of a weathly grown ass man.

All Elzhi did was bite Nas's concept tho(granted he can spit). He didnt create that ? his self like Nas did. U cant seriously take that mixtape serious bruh. He has skills as a rapper but it wasnt original.
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea, people need to stop putting artists into boxes in their own head. Let artists be who they are. I saw that group that co-produced his single say Life Is Good is as good as It Was Written...so I was never a fan of subjecting people to be who they were years ago.
  • SlickestR
    Options
    i know he bit Nas's concept, I know its not original that's why i kept sayin he "flipped it".

so wait y'all don't wanna hear another Illmatic soundin album from Nas?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    classic ? , Nas went so hard and Premier laced it

One of my fav Nas songs
  • Stew
    Options
    i know he bit Nas's concept, I know its not original that's why i kept sayin he "flipped it".

so wait y'all don't wanna hear another Illmatic soundin album from Nas?

Of course we do but Its damn near impossible. Nobody is gonna top MJ's Thriller, nobody is gonna top Dre's Chronic and nobody is gonna top Nas's Illmatic. I think thats 99% fact. Imo anyway
  • SlickestR
    Options

Of course we do but Its damn near impossible. Nobody is gonna top MJ's Thriller, nobody is gonna top Dre's Chronic and nobody is gonna top Nas's Illmatic. I think thats 99% fact. Imo anyway

i'm not even talking about topping a great album. i'm talking about applying the same elements/ideas/production in a different way to meet the essence of what that great album sounded like. Like i'm not sayin that Michael Jackson if he were alive to apply the exact same ideas and concept to try to mimic Thriller, but more like have the essence of what Thriller had into the new album with obviously a different twist and some difference in sound and concept.

question: why did Nas name his fifth album "Stillmatic"?
  • redhandedbandit
    redhandedbandit Members Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭
    Options
    one of my favorite tracks sounds like a slowed down kool g rap
  • Stew
    Options

i'm not even talking about topping a great album. i'm talking about applying the same elements/ideas/production in a different way to meet the essence of what that great album sounded like. Like i'm not sayin that Michael Jackson if he were alive to apply the exact same ideas and concept to try to mimic Thriller, but more like have the essence of what Thriller had into the new album with obviously a different twist and some difference in sound and concept.

question: why did Nas name his fifth album "Stillmatic"?

Good point but Stillmatic sounds nothing like Illmatic. Just a clever way to get people to tune into your new project. Nas was just able to pull it off with the quality of music he put into that project. I dont think he intentionally named it that for it to sound like Illmatic.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas man... I wish this ? made a 2012 illmatic... same world play structure, flow...

10 track, with the reminisce of the illmatic tracks flipped with a more modern sounding beats

he aint nas but he did a good ass job on Elmatic
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzCeLZufCSM&feature=fvst

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

so why doesn't he?

my bad didnt read this post before I posted that