Should the HipHop community do a Possee cut for Trayvon??

Options
H-Rap 180
H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in The Reason
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJD1oDKKMdM

We did Self Destrution, Sme Gang, H.E.A.L and even Were are They Know remixes....

Should the hiphop community join hands and do a tribute song or should they fall back do something more proactive than a song like assist the family with money for legal fees and things of that nature??

Comments

• [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    innocent ? get killed everyday.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    innocent ? get killed everyday.

what if its a child instead of a ni99er like you said.

• KnicksFanDB
    KnicksFanDB Members Posts: 7
    Options
    as long as v nasty on it
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It should already be in the process of being done. Add both the young and the vets in the track.
  • Sweet Dick Willie
    Sweet Dick Willie Members Posts: 273
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    It should already be in the process of being done. Add both the young and the vets in the track.

Too bad everyone is worried about money and not social growth within the hip hop community.

• RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i tink the hiphop community should really get a movement going , we cant allow this ? to keep on going any more . we in 2012 and these crackaz styl coming after us , time we fight back ? this peace ? , it aint got us no where . they still treat us the same way untill we stand as ONE and fight then they will see . But we have to stop killin each other first cuz its us is our own enemy too .
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just brainstorming, but I think it would be crazy if:

1) This song were remixed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yn5qj1pCj4

2) Reflecting this message: Nas reasoned, "but now his legacy can become something that helps change things, hopefully." Trayvon was murdered, but his legacy has potential to be excellence if we learn from it.

3) Change the chorus from Black on Black murder to something that speaks to this situation

4) It'd be nice to have Nas, Ross, Killer Mike, David Banner, The Game, Talib Kweli on it w/ new verses from Jay and Kanye. Kanye could touch the beat up.

5) It would definitely need a video. The video should include a map highlighting the states w/ the Stand Your Ground law and should include a PSA of what could be done to prevent future situations like this from happening. The PSA should be in regard to legislation and especially encouraging people to learn legislation.

• JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they aint ready bruh ....
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    for what?
    ? get all up in arms when somebody of another race kills a ? but ain't got ? to say when a ? ? a ?
    lil kids and innocent people get killed everyday
    how many ? songs do you think should get made about that ? ?
    plus, it ain't gon matter anyway when you got 1 posse song about a slain child in your catalog amongst the 100,000 "i sell dope, i'm a real ? , i got a expensive car, my jewelry cost this much" songs
    "yeah i like to give back to the hip hop community that's why i did that 1 verse about that lil dead boy, shout out travis miller or whatever"
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    Options
    nah...if anythang da hiphop community needz 2 b on zimmerdickz front porch wit torchz lol
    No, rap music doesn't influence a positive impact on America anymore and it hasn't for almost 20 years now. A song for him would be pointless. The black community has attracted the attention of the Feds for this case. It's nothing else constructive that can be done from this point on unless you want to go the New Black Panther Route and murk ? . About 80% of AMERICA is not about that life, let alone the ? on the IC. All I know is that a song won't do a got dam thang and won't benefit that ? 's case AT ALL. 0 out of 12 jurors are not going to hear that song and decide to convict him based off of that record.

damn u is killin da sig ? lol