Slum Village - The ? Slums Mixtape + New Single

Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2012 in The Essence
New mixtape released:

Slum Village - The ? Slums Mixtape

[img]http://illroots.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/slum-village-? -slums.jpg[/img]

Slum Village - The ? Slums Mixtape
I thought they broke up? i see theres a new single with de la soul and a new album on the way. Anyone know about a reunion or whos in the group now?

New single with De La Soul:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PzQqA7UAOc

Presumably this won't make the album that's on the way…

*Post edited by RuffDraft so as to not start a new thread about the same artist*

Props to Lou for the thread :tu

Comments

• RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    They broke up??? Did you hear Villa Manifesto??? Underrated. Didn't realise they'd broke up since but I'm looking forward to another release if they do it!

• Lou Cypher
    Yup yup. well i got the info from the reason suprisingly.

Villa Manifesto saw the return of Baatin. T3 brought in Illa J to give it that J Dilla essence. After Villa manifesto something happened. Baatin Died and Elzhi was kicked out of the group. The new Mixtape coming out is something to keep us occupied until they drop Fan-Tas-Tik vol 3. new line up is T3, Illa J, and Young RJ (producer, he produced Schemin off Villa Manifesto)
  • Lou Cypher
    Apparently on the song It Aint hard to tell he disses Slum village. or it was The World is yours. cant remember
  • RuffDraft
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Yup yup. well i got the info from the reason suprisingly.

Villa Manifesto saw the return of Baatin. T3 brought in Illa J to give it that J Dilla essence. After Villa manifesto something happened. Baatin Died and Elzhi was kicked out of the group. The new Mixtape coming out is something to keep us occupied until they drop Fan-Tas-Tik vol 3. new line up is T3, Illa J, and Young RJ (producer, he produced Schemin off Villa Manifesto)

Do we know why eLZhi was kicked out? Hate that I can't keep up as much anymore.

ILLA J is underrated. His solo efforts are nice.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if he was officially but I do know him and RJ Rice had a big clash! That interview he did a year or two ago explained the whole situation!
  • RuffDraft
    New mixtape has dropped:

[img]http://illroots.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/slum-village-? -slums.jpg[/img]

Props to Waterproof for his thread in The Reason.

I've downloaded it from the link below:

Slum Village - ? Slums

They've given us a theme song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6lIE4Qd7aA&feature=player_embedded

Thoughts? Can't wait to hear this…
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice tape, but sadly they missing eLZhi plenty, true talk

I hope Fantastic 3 comes good
  • RuffDraft
    rip.dilla wrote: »

Does anyone know what eLZhi is up to???

I'm checking this tape today.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not heard much his way

But I'm eagerly anticipating Dilla's new album in May :D
  • Lou Cypher
    RuffDraft wrote: »

Elzhi has been on tour. Word is hes working on his new album as well. Dunno when it drops tho.

And whats the new Dilla album again? is this gonna be all new material or a rough draft of some beats that his friend finished?

• RuffDraft
    Not heard much his way

But I'm eagerly anticipating Dilla's new album in May :D

Yeah, no doubt!!! Can't wait for that, I'm going to populate all future album threads tomorrow.
    RuffDraft wrote: »

Elzhi has been on tour. Word is hes working on his new album as well. Dunno when it drops tho.

And whats the new Dilla album again? is this gonna be all new material or a rough draft of some beats that his friend finished?

Can't wait to hear how comes back following Elmatic.

Word is that Dilla has a 4000-track collection of beats… they (his new label Yancey Music Group) selected artists who would have worked with Dilla since '89. A huge statement, but one that shows that these songs will be newly produced in terms of the emcee's, but that the beats are largely in-tact and produced by J Dilla himself.
  • Lou Cypher
    Ah i see, i saw Blu got one of his beats and released a song that was really dope. I know a co producer (for some reason i wanna say Kariem Biggins or something like that) finished up "The Shining" for him. good to see we shall still be hearing some dilla for quite sometime tho.
  • RuffDraft
    Ah i see, i saw Blu got one of his beats and released a song that was really dope. I know a co producer (for some reason i wanna say Kariem Biggins or something like that) finished up "The Shining" for him. good to see we shall still be hearing some dilla for quite sometime tho.

I think I've heard of Keriem Biggins too…

Yeah, I think he'll have quite a few posthumous albums… for as long as his Mother is well enough to head up his music anyways… looking forward to the album…