Kendrick Lamar - ‘The Recipe’ (Produced By Dr. Dre) - [1st Single]

Comments

• -Vincenzo-
    -Vincenzo- Members Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭✭
    i hope he has more mainstream hiphop production. i had the feeling that you have to have at least one ounce of weed in your system or even be a cali native to enjoy some of the beats in the past. some dre or pharrell wont hurt imo...
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    edited April 2012
    if goapele who ive liked since CLOSER & a MMG artist LOGAN on a EUROMATH artist album is another SLAP 2 da muuunkeez face WOOOOAH! LOL
    lmao what does race have to do with it you ? ? I dont even have to debate your reason cause its dumb as ? , just like you.

RACE has everythang 2 do wit it cuz AGAIN me & hrap r BLK & we r gonna c/s each other alot so foolish crackaz like ya justin bieber lame lookin azz & a feminem lovin white boy like hlf look stupid sayin im dickridin hrap & hez my father blah blah blah...cuz that is white boy talk i support any artist that show da 757 & a HBCU love like kendrick did
    The Haper wrote: »
    It's a black thing, you wouldn't understand it.

Look at it like this, if you walk into a public place, say a cafeteria for example. Usually you will see a crowd of black people congregated together. If you brought a new black student into that cafeteria, he would likely go to where other blacks are and not where other races are? You know why? Because just by being black usually people will have a connection with one another based on common interests, experiences, and the fact that we can identify with each other based on race.

Now, more onto the point of the matter, black fans will like and dislike actions of rappers, singers, and entertainers based on how those actions affect the perception of the race. So when you have rappers like 50 Cent and Dr. Dre that protect, and cosign a white rapper like Eminem that has spewed his hatred for black music, black women, and black people in general on tape, then you should expect these people to be perceived negatively by many in the black community.

preach chuuuch tabernacle hallelujah Amen!
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GeE-757 wrote: »
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Dr Dre has changed his lifestyle, he got help for his sickness and he no longer drinks "Alize".

....Dre just wants a chance to do what's right and redeem himself, look into your heart Gee and give the Doctor another chance.

lol@ that whole post...but nah like i said imma give ? dre a chance but he betta keep that cracka of his far away from this project!

as sick as kendrick is lyrically you know hes bound to have a track with eminem ? with dre if not this album ... def by the next album .... if u ask me kendrick is the black eminem if u get what im saying .... eminem whole thing was being broke white trash from the trailor park ........ kendricks whole this is being broke black brother growing up on section 8 ... same ish different side of the tracks .... and lyrically they both go ham slammming tons of words in a bar ..... switching up thier vocal tons and cadence ... useing crazy words metaphores etc..............

• antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    also folks keep in mind dre is a seasoned producer ... he might not have created kendricks sound ... but as a season producer ... once the sound has be created ... any "seasoned" producer should be able to emulate it add on to it etc..........
  • GeE-757
    edited April 2012
    antarticp wrote: »
    as sick as kendrick is lyrically you know hes bound to have a track with eminem ? with dre if not this album ... def by the next album .... if u ask me kendrick is the black eminem if u get what im saying .... eminem whole thing was being broke white trash from the trailor park ........ kendricks whole this is being broke black brother growing up on section 8 ... same ish different side of the tracks .... and lyrically they both go ham slammming tons of words in a bar ..... switching up thier vocal tons and cadence ... useing crazy words metaphores etc..............

well if kendrick got a trak wit da cracka he betta pull a jeezy & make sure that ? dont make da album or im coppin da BOOTLEG ? EUROMATH!
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    I really ? with this dudes music. He's one of the hottest out right now. And that track with Game is the hottest track out right now.

You talking about "The City" or is there a proper Game and Kendrick track?
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really ? with this dudes music. He's one of the hottest out right now. And that track with Game is the hottest track out right now.

lol he's talkin about the city
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outside of 3 songs I still havent heard a Kendrick Lamar body of work. I'm late as hell
  • Fuckwithdreday
    Fuckwithdreday Members Posts: 26
    Why the ? cant dre produce a whole album! Makes no sense.
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    will blax wrote: »
    it won't live up to the hype. I'm looking forward to it though

http://youtu.be/-tV7pFQPldo

You are easily top ten worst rapper of all-time

Game and Kendrick have been making songs together since 2006

He has and always will, it is just about the songs selected. If you read through the earlier posts I explain how the process works.
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭
    If I had to bet I would bet it will be the 2012 version of the DOC the formula.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFJGXEaKHFM

• deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do this ? got so many replies when the song aint out yet?
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GSonII wrote: »

I remember speaking to DOC about this song one day.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    best thing dre could do
    he lost his hunger along time ago
    but with his cosign and some dope beats some westcoast newcomers like kendrick could blowup
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do this ? got so many replies when the song aint out yet?

? . If this thread was about a nas sighting in the studio you would've commented 15 times already...
  • popbeijing
    popbeijing Members Posts: 123 ✭✭
    Big Boy looks weird as ? skinny like that...
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GSonII wrote: »

I remember speaking to DOC about this song one day.

When was the last time you seen/talked to DOC? Do you know how that vocal surgery in Italy is going? I hope he's doing well, I'd like to see him rapping again
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ dre's way of dealing with kendrick's voice is to make him less audible.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a big Kendrick fan...but off 1st listen it's underwhelming... maybe it'll grow on me.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? is dope to me.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    The track is a masterpiece. Kendrick has GOAT ghostwriting potential. The overall song has to grow on me but so far I like it.

6/10 on first listen. ? ain't bad at all.
  • GeE-757
    itz allrite i can c that gettin sum play on da west but i dont c that bein a nationwide hit imo
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? that....

8/10 on second listen. This ? banging in Skull Candy. It'll bang even harder in the whip. What's that sample tho?