Bar for bar rapping wise Drake or Kanye?

13»

Comments

• BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol at people acting like drake is some lyrical ?

lol at ? actin like kanye is anything over average
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drake is nice but ...

he needs balance

If he could come out with a record where he only SINGS, cool (a la' 808's & Heartbreak)

if he does another where he only RAPS but does SING on the hooks, cool as well

but there's gotta be that separation in my opinion

• MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    For all the people wondering about well who his ghostwriters or writers ; Really Doe,GLC,Rhymefest, Consequence, probably Big Sean before they was really pushing him, Cyhi the Prince. They just don't have them dudes hanging around for fun they be puttin work in . You really gon have them cats on ya team to make mixtapes and just there being weed carriers no ? come to the studio they gon have some input on whats going on.

Oh and no body said Drake was the greatest MC in history just that he is bar for bar better than Kanye.
  • c.b.b.
    c.b.b. Members Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭✭
    Young-Ice wrote: »
    "She asked what have I learned from gettin richer
    I said sometimes workin with the negatives makes for better pictures"
    Am i the only one who thinks that's an ill line?

damn that was dope. Drake can go in and have some thought provoking lyrics like on "9 AM in Dallas" or "The Presentation"

Bar for bar, it's hard to say who's better. Another thing is, Kanye has allegedly had help with his verses so we don't know how much of his rhymes he actually writes.

Then Ye will sometimes rap like he doesn't give a damn and come off corny as hell.

I'd buy a Kanye album over Drake easily, but just rapping-wise, I might say Drake is the better MC.

I criticize Drake a lot, but he does have some dope rhymes. He just doesn't rap with that much substance IMO or have thought provoking songs like Ye
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would like to Drake on the BET cyphers
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They both got some cringe worthy material, but Kanye gets the nod, because he has only gotten wack post-Graduation. Drake been talkin bout his Disney flow from the jump... Cornball
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2012
    as an artist, Kanye wins
    and as a lyricist, Kanye wins
    what memorable bars has Bar Mitzvah boy bestowed to the hip hop world?
    ? that yellow ? and his melodramatic lyrics about ? ? on him, Kanye lyrically would murk Aubrey
    Ye carried the brunt of lyrics on "Watch the Throne" yet you silly ass ? thing Drake got better lyrics? go headbutt a butcher's knife
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanye by a million
  • juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drake. Some of kanyes lyrics are garbage.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol drake stans vs ye stans

Ye>>>
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    whose to say all rappers don't have help with their bars? What's wrong with saying do you think I should switch this up or could i add another line in there or should i cut that out.
  • will blax
    will blax Members Posts: 539 ✭✭
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    whose to say all rappers don't have help with their bars? What's wrong with saying do you think I should switch this up or could i add another line in there or should i cut that out.

its cool I guess but if we having a conversation about who's bar for bar better we have to take into account. If we just looking at albums and stuff like that , thats not going to matter but we talking about who's better at rapping.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
  • worduphoesdown
    worduphoesdown Members Posts: 45
    i hate mto. thats not a blouse or a ? skirt.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    man i would like to say drake is better than kanye ... but would there be a drake with out a kanye ??

its like me saying Nas is better than Rakim ........

its like me saying Jay is better than Big Daddy kane ....

you gotta respect the throne ....

but i'll put it this way ... i rather listen to an Kanye album over drakes .... i got Take Care ... and in my opinion is sounds just like an kanye album without any kanye production .... very musical ... not 100% hip hop ... hip hop mixed with rnb mix with every other musical genre out there .................... IJS ......... its hard to say drake is better than kanye when he bite so much off of kanye ..... he should be better than kanye in light of him studying kanyes craft so hard ...................
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DRO3000 wrote: »
    DRAKE WLL ? YE LYRICALLY, YE DONT EVEN WRITE ALL OF HIS STUFF.. AND EVERYTHING YE HAS BEEN PUTTIN OUT LATELY BEEN WACK

lol well how about we give drake a few more years before we compare him too todays "kanye" lol ijs lets be fair in light of that ..... as of today april 1st how much music has kanye done vs drake .... IJS lol
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited April 2012
    antarticp wrote: »
    DRO3000 wrote: »
    DRAKE WLL ? YE LYRICALLY, YE DONT EVEN WRITE ALL OF HIS STUFF.. AND EVERYTHING YE HAS BEEN PUTTIN OUT LATELY BEEN WACK

lol well how about we give drake a few more years before we compare him too todays "kanye" lol ijs lets be fair in light of that ..... as of today april 1st how much music has kanye done vs drake .... IJS lol

It's not about music it's about bar vs bar plain and simple, ? got ADD or don't have the heart to keep it real... Just because you agree Drake got better bars than Kanye won't make your hip hop opinion any less relevant. There is obviously more to hip hop than having the best bars.

Tupac didnt have the best bars either or was the best MC, but he delivered in other ways much like Kanye. Stop letting your ignorance blind you from answering this question in a non bias format.

Oh I cant vouch for Drake on this particular subject cuz he aint a legend Like Kanye ass ? .. yall got some cyber hood mentality.

• CMac
    CMac Members Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭
    I go Ye rapping circles around Drake on his worst day