Kendrick Lamar - ‘The Recipe’ (Produced By Dr. Dre) - [1st Single]

Comments

• Sweet Dick Willie
    Sweet Dick Willie Members Posts: 273
    For the ones complaining about Dre's verse, your only complaining because you KNOW it was ghost-written...so what? He did a nice job of delivering it imo and I don't even ? with Dre. You'd be more surprised at the rappers who you didn't know that was spitting ghost verses.
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    edited April 2012
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    It's a decent track… just not as good as he could have been for a first single, if this is his In Da Club announcement, then it's going to be a quiet one, IMO.

It's very clear why Detox will never drop, Dre can't get a ghostwriter to write a nice verse for someone of his age… your OLD Dre, fall back and stop talking like an 18 year old... His verse is what I'd expect to hear on something from a 14 year old who has dreamt up millions in his head. Jay-Z can rap about money in a way that comes across to the people due to his 'phors. Whether Kendrick wrote this or not, Dr. Dre just spells it out in a very "I'm great yet I can't even make an album" kind of way and that's why I can't even take his verses seriously, it's laughable.

The Watcher was a nice song wrote for him by Jay-Z because it was from the perspective of a veteran and it was still nice… he shouldn't be spelling the word H-A-T-E in a verse in my opinion, school boy stuff and he isn't even flippin' it.

Beat is quite nice… Kendrick is saying nothing over it though… ADHD as a single would blow this out of the water… and I think an ode to Cali should be more…

'They come for the women, weed and weather…'

Sounds nice, but I'd have preferred a more personal effort that told of why he's something different rather than trying to sound like everyone else.

'Lookin' like a boss'

Kendrick sounds like Rick Ross or something… not what I remember from him the past three years, Section. 80 tracks are >>>>> better than this single, IMO.

It's decent, but the track with The Game was a lot better for showcasing Kendrick's talents, Kendrick does nothing for me on this single to showcase his skills as a lyricist.

I prefer Kendrick bringing something new, hopefully he won't turn redundant with his lyrics, he's very talented and nobody listening to this will even get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgfY_9rXlZE

TRILLA....? azz dre needz 2 stop RECITIN other peoplez rapz on recordz cuz da ? is straight CORNY now cuz we all know alize aint n no damn club smokin treez hez lock;d up wit his white wife n his WHITE GATED COMMUNITY wit his white kidz word 2 TREYVON MARTIN lol...& back on this single yes itz kool lamar rapz is straight but this is no MIND BLOWIN ? especially when therrz a POSER like ? AZZ DRe on da record dre dont need 2 pick da mic up cuz we know he aint write ? & he didnt even produce da trak but sum brainwash;d ? dre loverz believe he did n this thread smh...
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Soul Clapa wrote: »
    riddlerap wrote: »
    im still not sure what is so special about Kendrick Lamar.but it feels like hes being overrated.. maybe its because so many wack rappers populate mainstream right now, that someone who is a little above average seems great to some people.listening to him just makes me think im listening to a random amateur unsigned hype kinda artist.

This

Kendricc lamar wacc and this song super wacc
    Yeah but you are a super-wacc Uncle-Tom-Troll named Tammie who got banned and begged her way back like a ? by singing a wacc sad song.

• GeE-757
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    im still not sure what is so special about Kendrick Lamar.but it feels like hes being overrated.. maybe its because so many wack rappers populate mainstream right now, that someone who is a little above average seems great to some people.listening to him just makes me think im listening to a random amateur unsigned hype kinda artist.

This

Yeah but you are a super-wacc Uncle-Tom-Troll named Tammie who got banned and begged her way back like a ? by singing a wacc sad song.

who is soul clapa? is it shadyteam?

as for the song, I like it I'm just disappointed its kinda hard to hear kendrick
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

This

as for the song, I like it I'm just disappointed its kinda hard to hear kendrick

tommy
  • H-Rap 180
    edited April 2012

This

Yeah but you are a super-wacc Uncle-Tom-Troll named Tammie who got banned and begged his way back like a ? by singing a wacc sad song.

This

It's that weird little ? Tammy the Tom.....we call her T.T. The ? , she got banned for hacking and abusing the Reaction features and now she on some geek-? using other IP's.

He/She the ? with "Simp" in her vocabulary a word that defines his existence....

He/She has a ? for Sugar-Daddies and father-figures so he trolls rap-forums trying to lure fellow JayZ fans to his all-male chat-room.

That song will serve it's purpose and there's more to come, Dre set the bar so high that anything he drops is going to underwhelm people.

• GeE-757
    edited April 2012
    It's that weird little ? Tammy the Tom.....we call her T.T. The ? , she got banned for hacking and abusing the Reaction features and now she on some geek-? using other IP's.

He/She the ? with "Simp" in her vocabulary a word that defines his existence....

He/She has a ? for Sugar-Daddies and father-figures so he trolls rap-forums trying to lure fellow JayZ fans to his all-male chat-room.

That song will serve it's purpose and there's more to come, Dre set the bar so high that anything he drops is going to underwhelm people.

lol ? dre dont need 2 rap @ all da ? is just PATHETIC now lamar shouldve just rapp;d alizez verse since he WROTE it...
  • H-Rap 180
    GeE-757 wrote: »

lol ? dre dont need 2 rap @ all da ? is just PATHETIC now lamar shouldve just rapp;d alizez verse since he WROTE it...

It's not that Dre ain't got the magic it's just that hes almost 50 and it sound awkward.
    Yea you have no proof besides some posters randomly making things up and you runnin with

Son still mad I ? on him for getting trolled by some craccas and makin you mad as fucc and you pretending to be from the west
    and not knowing what simp means

If you ever logged da fucc off and went outside and socialized with real people then you wouldnt looked so stupid smdh @ 12,500+ posts go outside

I dare you

? are you talking about "Craccas" when you are one?

Simp aint a part of my vocab you ? , we simply call you tricks and captains.

How can you tell a normal person to log off when you have 10 different aliases with 5K posts in each one?

Show the world that you have actual friends and girlfriends and not just Donkey posters who ? on you and Cheap seat posters that mock you for attempting to meet up with other males online.

I dare you.
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    okaay wrote: »
    Somebody tell Dre stop ? rapping he always sounds like his ghostwriter at the moment and ? dont believe sit you talking about stop leaching Dre just produce the track and fall the ? back.

Scoop Deville produced it.
    It's a cool drop, but it sounds more like a Droop-E production than a Dre beat.

No, it sounds like a Scoop Deville beat, because it is.

It's only on the page that has the song and has been stated in this thread multiple times.

The Watcher was a nice song wrote for him by Jay-Z because it was from the perspective of a veteran and it was still nice… he shouldn't be spelling the word H-A-T-E in a verse in my opinion, school boy stuff and he isn't even flippin' it.

Marshall Mathers wrote "The Watcher."
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator

This

not thats tommy bilifagger
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Wacc", "Cracca", "Fucc"

It has to be an alias

A ? one at that
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    @choppastyle, look in the liner notes, I'm not at the laptop to tell you otherwise, but The Watcher was written by Sean Carter aka Jay-Z.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    For the ones complaining about Dre's verse, your only complaining because you KNOW it was ghost-written...so what? He did a nice job of delivering it imo and I don't even ? with Dre. You'd be more surprised at the rappers who you didn't know that was spitting ghost verses.

and the ? don't make no sense, Dre have one of the illest voice in the world AND in hip-hop and Dre Always use the cadence of his ghostwriter since NWA days, I could tell when Cube, DOC or Ren wrote the lyrics like on Express Yourself that was all DOC and On Let Me Ride it was RBX, On Big Egos it was Hittman. THIS AINT NOTHING NEW what make DRE so dope is because of his Voice and his ear as a producer comes in play how he spit and ride the beat. ? IT'S MUTHAFUCKIN DRE
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    It's a decent track… just not as good as he could have been for a first single, if this is his In Da Club announcement, then it's going to be a quiet one, IMO.

It's very clear why Detox will never drop, Dre can't get a ghostwriter to write a nice verse for someone of his age… your OLD Dre, fall back and stop talking like an 18 year old... His verse is what I'd expect to hear on something from a 14 year old who has dreamt up millions in his head. Jay-Z can rap about money in a way that comes across to the people due to his 'phors. Whether Kendrick wrote this or not, Dr. Dre just spells it out in a very "I'm great yet I can't even make an album" kind of way and that's why I can't even take his verses seriously, it's laughable.

Wait, but he was OLD when he dropped 2001. At least by the standards of this board.

Yes, that's true… which is why I named 'The Watcher' which was a song about being an Ol' G and watching from the burbs rather than the hood… as it was only way that Dre knew he would be taken seriously… he was old then and that was back in 99.

This is clearly not true… read the comments in future, quote them and then say why they're not true.
    GeE-757 wrote: »

Beat is quite nice… Kendrick is saying nothing over it though… ADHD as a single would blow this out of the water… and I think an ode to Cali should be more…

'They come for the women, weed and weather…'

Sounds nice, but I'd have preferred a more personal effort that told of why he's something different rather than trying to sound like everyone else.

'Lookin' like a boss'

Kendrick sounds like Rick Ross or something… not what I remember from him the past three years, Section. 80 tracks are >>>>> better than this single, IMO.

It's decent, but the track with The Game was a lot better for showcasing Kendrick's talents, Kendrick does nothing for me on this single to showcase his skills as a lyricist.

I prefer Kendrick bringing something new, hopefully he won't turn redundant with his lyrics, he's very talented and nobody listening to this will even get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgfY_9rXlZE

TRILLA....? azz dre needz 2 stop RECITIN other peoplez rapz on recordz cuz da ? is straight CORNY now cuz we all know alize aint n no damn club smokin treez hez lock;d up wit his white wife n his WHITE GATED COMMUNITY wit his white kidz word 2 TREYVON MARTIN lol...& back on this single yes itz kool lamar rapz is straight but this is no MIND BLOWIN ? especially when therrz a POSER like ? AZZ DRe on da record dre dont need 2 pick da mic up cuz we know he aint write ? & he didnt even produce da trak but sum brainwash;d ? dre loverz believe he did n this thread smh...

Agreed. Good drop. The production is nice though and overall, the track is decent on some ignorant ish… but overall, it's really poor in comparison to previous Lamar efforts.
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This track doing well on the charts right now
  • GSonII
    GSonII Members Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭

LMAO, not as well as other tracks that were posted on this site that got hate. I guess it only matters when you want it to.

• deathrowzorrow
    GSonII wrote: »

LMAO, not as well as other tracks that were posted on this site that got hate. I guess it only matters when you want it to.

Like what songs? This song top 30 on iTUNEs right now

• GSonII

BOB is doing better with "So Good" TIP is doing better with "Love this Life" Nikki has "Starships". I am pretty sure all those songs were posted on here. I could go on. Not saying I like those songs any better just saying these charts and sales only matter when people want them to matter. They ? on who they want to and kiss others ? . This song is not typical Lamar and that is why it is doing well, but it is not sustainable because it is bland riding music.
  • deathrowzorrow

BOB is doing better with "So Good" TIP is doing better with "Love this Life" Nikki has "Starships". I am pretty sure all those songs were posted on here. I could go on. Not saying I like those songs any better just saying these charts and sales only matter when people want them to matter. They ? on who they want to and kiss others ? . This song is not typical Lamar and that is why it is doing well, but it is not sustainable because it is bland riding music.

Man Kendrick dont got same buzz as T.I so thats pretty dope by Kendrick
  • GSonII

Man Kendrick dont got same buzz as T.I so thats pretty dope by Kendrick

Kendrick has more buzz than any of the artist I just named on the internet. Add that Khaled joint that got ? on on this site last week "Take it to the Head" is also doing better. Lamar doing good and I am happy. My point is why does it only count when people like the person but they are sell-out or too commercial when they don't like the person.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    great flow, the lyrics are point on and flawless production

Dre is back ? !

THE GOAT!!!
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whip test tomorrow.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012

nah man, this is definitely a Dre banger

the keys and clear bass line are dead give away

Scoop probably made the beat, in hip hop that's not producing

Cats keep forgetting that Dre is not just a beatmaker, but a producer.....much like a conductor

and there's no doubt this track has flawless conducting
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    a.mann wrote: »

nah man, this is definitely a Dre banger

the keys and clear bass line are dead give away

Scoop probably made the beat, in hip hop that's not producing

Cats keep forgetting that Dre is not just a beatmaker, but a producer.....much like a conductor

and there's no doubt this track has flawless conducting

First thing I thought when I heard it. Obviously dude did most of the track cause he got all the credit but this ? wasnt gonna be released without Dre's touch especially with his named involved in it.