rip.dilla wrote: »
    His team is making the best music out in the mainstream

sad thing is thats not saying much nowadays
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited April 2012
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I listened to the interview and i cosign his statement but not his point. This is the age where actors are taking precident over real dudes with truthful stories to tell. Fly ? with a bank account to back up their lies is whats poppin these days.
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    Ross is running ? in his lane. But Weezy and Jay-z are running ? in their lane. Tyler the Creator is running ? in his lane.
    Wayne might not have had a good album in years and jay-z has fallen off since pre 2006, they still gonna sell and sell out shows. Tyler the Creator sells out shows. Sells a good amount of albums for not being on a major.

I can't agree with Ross carrying rap on his back. He makes hits. Alot of hits. But he isn't the best MC.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That cracca need to speak for himself. WE??.......foh
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ross is running ? in his lane. But Weezy and Jay-z are running ? in their lane. Tyler the Creator is running ? in his lane.
    Wayne might not have had a good album in years and jay-z has fallen off since pre 2006, they still gonna sell and sell out shows. Tyler the Creator sells out shows. Sells a good amount of albums for not being on a major.

I can't agree with Ross carrying rap on his back. He makes hits. Alot of hits. But he isn't the best MC.

Lol an odd future fan
  • In Your Moms Room
    edited April 2012

Lol an odd future fan

Don't want to de rail the thread but, I am. They are different. They have some real lyricists in their squad. Tyler, Hodgey, Frank Ocean, Domo. Mostly Tyler talks about his life expierences. Tells a story. That's the type of rap i like.
  • ThaCerealKilla
    ThaCerealKilla Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    I agree with him, only thing I don't agree with is him thinking ross has a better catalog than yeezy, naw dog yeezy has the best catalog in hip hop thus far.
  • StillFaggyAF

Lol an odd future fan

Don't want to de rail the thread but, I am. They are different. They have some real lyricists in their squad. Tyler, Hodgey, Frank Ocean, Domo. Mostly Tyler talks about his life expierences. Tells a story.

The only good ones are Hodgey Beats (sp?), Earl and Frank Ocean. I can't stand Tyler Creator or the rest of them whose names i don't know or care to know
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naw man thats not true first off ,his music gets repetitive, his mixtapes aren't that good , he has improved lyrically yes port of miami and deeper than rap are trash. He doesn't even have a release date for ? Forgive I Don't (summer is not a release date). People with less promotion move more units than he does. He has buzz and all that yes but buzz is nothing if you can't capitalize. The commercial infrastructure of the game love Ross yes but the everyday fan does not support duke like that.
  • In Your Moms Room
    Naw man thats not true first off ,his music gets repetitive, his mixtapes aren't that good , he has improved lyrically yes port of miami and deeper than rap are trash. He doesn't even have a release date for ? Forgive I Don't (summer is not a release date). People with less promotion move more units than he does. He has buzz and all that yes but buzz is nothing if you can't capitalize. The commercial infrastructure of the game love Ross yes but the everyday fan does not support duke like that.

He goes gold. The everyday fan does support him. He can't go gold if other wise.

• MC The Rapper

He goes gold. The everyday fan does support him. He can't go gold if other wise.

do you think dude can go gold with minimum promotion, do you think if they pushed his album 2 years like they did Jeezy he would go gold in the same time fame.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    I wouldn't say we are living in the rick ross era but his team is a huge sphere of influence. You can't live in the rick ross era but toured as an act on weezy's tour last summer and this fall he wasn't doing the biggest fall solo tour. Likewise There were mainstream and underground hits that were better than anything ross put out last year.

I ? heavily with meek mill and i like some of the other mmg prototypes but ross does not have this era. As much as i hated waynes last album he had ? buy a half dozen albums on release day despite the album leaking and sucking. And when it comes to mixtapes his last one came and went with little impact on the game. It can't be your era but hood ? don't even wanna buy your album.
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012

While gold is respectable, with the amount of promo and exposure this dude gets, you'd think he was on the A list with the Jay, Kanye, TI, ect... This dude has never even gone platinum though, even Trick Daddy went platinum, so i dont see it. Not in the slightest, and im pretty sure a majority of people see through his sharade as well.

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    his music is the same though
  • In Your Moms Room

do you think dude can go gold with minimum promotion, do you think if they pushed his album 2 years like they did Jeezy he would go gold in the same time fame.

idk. it's hypothetical. Could he, damn right. That fact is he does go gold. Somebody in every part of the country bought a Rick Ross album
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    how many classic albums does rozay have?
  • In Your Moms Room
    edited April 2012

While gold is respectable, with the amount of promo and exposure this dude gets, you'd think he was on the A list with the Jay, Kanye, TI, ect... This dude has never even gone platinum though, even Trick Daddy went platinum, so i dont see it. Not in the slightest, and im pretty sure a majority of people see through his sharable as well.

When is promo a bad thing. He's on his grind. Diggy, Tyga, Lloyd Bank, J. Cole all had promo and a mainstream appeal and didn't go gold. I don't think Big Sean went gold either.

Kanye, T.I and Jay are all hip-pop. Ross's music is made for the streets, but he still gets that radio play. Like i said, he is running ? in his lane.
    I'll agree that Kanye, T.I and Jay are all better lyricist. I said Ross isn't a top M.C.
  • MC The Rapper

idk. it's hypothetical. Could he, damn right. That fact is he does go gold. Somebody in every part of the country bought a Rick Ross album

But deeper than rap didn't
  • StillFaggyAF

While gold is respectable, with the amount of promo and exposure this dude gets, you'd think he was on the A list with the Jay, Kanye, TI, ect... This dude has never even gone platinum though, even Trick Daddy went platinum, so i dont see it. Not in the slightest, and im pretty sure a majority of people see through his sharable as well.

When is promo a bad thing. He's on his grind. Diggy, Tyga, Lloyd Bank, J. Cole all had promo and a mainstream appeal and didn't go gold. I don't think Big Sean went gold either.

Kanye, T.I and Jay are all hip-pop. Ross's music is made for the streets, but he still gets that radio play. Like i said, he is running ? in his lane.
    I'll agree that Kanye, T.I and Jay are all better lyricist. I said Ross isn't a top M.C.

j cole went gold and i don't agree that kanye, ti and jayz are hip pop. hip pop is black eyed peas, pitbull, nicki minaj etc.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he lost me when he said no other rapper has released more great consecutive albums than ross. no hate but ross doesnt even have a great album
  • In Your Moms Room
    edited April 2012

j cole went gold and i don't agree that kanye, ti and jayz are hip pop. hip pop is black eyed peas, pitbull, nicki minaj etc.

They have r&b chicks on their choruses. They talk about girls and money. They get play on b.e.t. They are hip-pop.
    T.I and Hov werer real lyricest at one point, but not in a while.
    Ross does no pop. It's hip-hop to the core, but still gets play on the radio and t.v
  • In Your Moms Room

Minaj is hip-pop, but the other two you mentioned are str8 pop
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosenberg is a ? ? rider watch that Nas interview he did a couple days ago ? was disgustin