Comments

• birdcallaveli
    birdcallaveli Members Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭✭
    ^lmao where nas called him paul the whole time and he just took it
  • In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    ca21 wrote: »
    Rosenberg is a ? ? rider watch that Nas interview he did a couple days ago ? was disgustin
    Link to the interview. Nas performed at his 40th birthday party
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naw man thats not true first off ,his music gets repetitive, his mixtapes aren't that good , he has improved lyrically yes port of miami and deeper than rap are trash. He doesn't even have a release date for ? Forgive I Don't (summer is not a release date). People with less promotion move more units than he does. He has buzz and all that yes but buzz is nothing if you can't capitalize. The commercial infrastructure of the game love Ross yes but the everyday fan does not support duke like that.

He goes gold. The everyday fan does support him. He can't go gold if other wise.

While gold is respectable, with the amount of promo and exposure this dude gets, you'd think he was on the A list with the Jay, Kanye, TI, ect... This dude has never even gone platinum though, even Trick Daddy went platinum, so i dont see it. Not in the slightest, and im pretty sure a majority of people see through his sharable as well.

When is promo a bad thing. He's on his grind. Diggy, Tyga, Lloyd Bank, J. Cole all had promo and a mainstream appeal and didn't go gold. I don't think Big Sean went gold either.

Kanye, T.I and Jay are all hip-pop. Ross's music is made for the streets, but he still gets that radio play. Like i said, he is running ? in his lane.
    I'll agree that Kanye, T.I and Jay are all better lyricist. I said Ross isn't a top M.C.

j cole went gold and i don't agree that kanye, ti and jayz are hip pop. hip pop is black eyed peas, pitbull, nicki minaj etc.

They have r&b chicks on their choruses. They talk about girls and money. They get play on b.e.t. They are hip-pop.
    T.I and Hov werer real lyricest at one point, but not in a while.
    Ross does no pop. It's hip-hop to the core, but still gets play on the radio and t.v

J Cole biggest single was Work Out. Rick Ross gets played on BET. Rick Ross talks about girls and money. If that is your definition of "hip pop" then any rapper who releases a major label album is hip pop
  • In Your Moms Room
    Naw man thats not true first off ,his music gets repetitive, his mixtapes aren't that good , he has improved lyrically yes port of miami and deeper than rap are trash. He doesn't even have a release date for ? Forgive I Don't (summer is not a release date). People with less promotion move more units than he does. He has buzz and all that yes but buzz is nothing if you can't capitalize. The commercial infrastructure of the game love Ross yes but the everyday fan does not support duke like that.

He goes gold. The everyday fan does support him. He can't go gold if other wise.

While gold is respectable, with the amount of promo and exposure this dude gets, you'd think he was on the A list with the Jay, Kanye, TI, ect... This dude has never even gone platinum though, even Trick Daddy went platinum, so i dont see it. Not in the slightest, and im pretty sure a majority of people see through his sharable as well.

When is promo a bad thing. He's on his grind. Diggy, Tyga, Lloyd Bank, J. Cole all had promo and a mainstream appeal and didn't go gold. I don't think Big Sean went gold either.

Kanye, T.I and Jay are all hip-pop. Ross's music is made for the streets, but he still gets that radio play. Like i said, he is running ? in his lane.
    I'll agree that Kanye, T.I and Jay are all better lyricist. I said Ross isn't a top M.C.

j cole went gold and i don't agree that kanye, ti and jayz are hip pop. hip pop is black eyed peas, pitbull, nicki minaj etc.

They have r&b chicks on their choruses. They talk about girls and money. They get play on b.e.t. They are hip-pop.
    Ross does no pop. It's hip-hop to the core, but still gets play on the radio and t.v

J Cole biggest single was Work Out. Rick Ross gets played on BET. Rick Ross talks about girls and money. If that is your definition of "hip pop" then any rapper who releases a major label album is hip pop

Rick Ross talks street ? most of his album. The rest named talks girls and money most of their album. When Ross is on the radio it's not some singy pop ? . It's "I THINK I'M BIG MEECH. UHH" He is the only dude talking street ? and going gold. He runs his lane.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭

So chisette Michelle,Erica Badu,Drake,John Legend,T-Pain and R.Kelly aren't R&B artists. Super High,Aston Martin Music,Speeding,etc aren't singles about Money and Women word.
  • In Your Moms Room

So chisette Michelle,Erica Badu,Drake,John Legend,T-Pain and R.Kelly aren't R&B artists. Super High,Aston Martin Music,Speeding,etc aren't singles about Money and Women word.

Like i already said, most of his album speaks to the streets. He has one or two pop hits. But he gets on the radio with gangsta rap as well. Nobody else is doing that.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO Teflon Don wasn't as good as everyone says and his other albums were decent. But i'm a big Ross and MMG fan so i hope ? Forgives I Don't is classic
  • MC The Rapper
    edited April 2012

Like i already said, most of his album speaks to the streets. He has one or two pop hits. But he gets on the radio with gangsta rap as well. Nobody else is doing that.

The street singles he came out with were Hustlin', Push It, BMF,Mafia Music. The Boss,Speeding,Here I Am,Magnificent,Aston Martin Music,Maybach Music 2, etc were about money and or women. His last two albums have been R&B singer feature heavy. Most of the singles that fall in the non street category have a R&B singer or someone you consider Hip-Pop on them.
  • poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait til that ? sign with cash money.
  • MC The Rapper
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    I think the point u all are missing is that it aint necessarily about the content being truthful... Its about the overall music.. If it sounds good who cares what the truth is... Thats the mentality..

You guys shoulda saw this comin... I mean R. Kelly can still sell out shows and drop succesful albums after that whole child sex thing... Its all about the music... Which isnt necessarily a bad thing...

I haven't mentioned one thing about him being fake . I'm going straight off his material and after going threw his whole category it boggles my mind. He be having some of the hottest people during the time of his album release on his album and singles ,some of the best promotion and don't be going pass gold word .
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    based on what? Kanye has musically dominated rap from this generation and sales wise Ross ain't on his level.

Ross just knows how to pick beats, i'll give him that but as far as i'm concern the ? been making the same repetitive ass album since Trilla.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS Kanye has created a lane for all these "guy next door" rappers like J Cole, Drake,etc too. No way in hell is this Ross's era.
  • MC The Rapper
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    based on what? Kanye has musically dominated rap from this generation and sales wise Ross ain't on his level.

Ross just knows how to pick beats, i'll give him that but as far as i'm concern the ? been making the same repetitive ass album since Trilla.

Every Album Kanye has put out is platinum
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    I swear the Ross detractors use the same talking points over and over again

popcorn.gif
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DIDNT RICK ROSS SEND HIS GOONS AFTER HIM AND BROKE HIS JAW OR SOMETHING...WHY IS THIS ? KISSING HIS ASS NOW....
  • MC The Rapper
    DIDNT RICK ROSS SEND HIS GOONS AFTER HIM AND BROKE HIS JAW OR SOMETHING...WHY IS THIS ? KISSING HIS ASS NOW....

That was deejay Vlad
  • MC The Rapper
    edited April 2012

popcorn.gif

Explain to me how he not moving more units than he is . He gets the best production,best features and his promotion is not bad and its supposed to be his era right now come on b.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may say I'm hating but Ross had a good run, but to me he is out of ? at this point. Unless he starts making lyrics with actual topics and substance (story telling rap) I'm bored with his music at thi point.

It's only so many ways to describe clothes money ? and dope before you start saying okay so what nod your head to the beat then drift often thinking about other ? during the verse.

Rap-wise he puts lyrics together well and has a good delivery. Beat selection is on point. But substance-wise it's becoming redundant. He's reaching that same point Wayne did when he started doing features on everybody else's music (circa Carter3) right before a lot of ppl stopped ? with Wayne because the rhymes became stale after C3.

I'm not gonna go into the whole CB4 ? . But he's a rapper. it is what it is.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

popcorn.gif

Outsiders don't count.

Meh, if Ross drops three solid albums the snow-bunnies will say "Dude it was all production dude".

If he drops 3 Gold albums within 6 years they will say "Dude he never went platinum like our Vanilla Ice did dude".

if he would have gone platinum they would say "Dude, Def Jam bought all those albums dude".

If the streets co-sign Rozay the blog geeks will say "Dude that fat Black cop is fake dude, he was a C.O. as a teen dude"

I heard one Pink-toe say "Dude Emenim is a real ? , when he raps about serial-killing and sticking gerbils in his ass it's because he lives his lyrics dude and he's qualified to rap about that based on his experiences dude".

So when blog-geeks, nerds, wannabees's, outsiders, mutants, and G-Unit wiggers share their opinions on our culture I typically just laugh and imagine what they look like.

:-B
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭

popcorn.gif

Explain to me how he not moving more units than he is . He gets the best production,best features and his promotion is not bad and its supposed to be his era right now come on b.

Its not my job to explain his record sales, i just enjoy his music. All im saying is y'all running out with the "he only has good production" or my favorite one "he relies on features"......both are blatant lies that any real fan of Ross can see right through.

Its just amazes me that instead of just saying you don't like the ? , u dudes gotta make up all the extra ? to justify your hate for Ross.

How u be a Kanye fan but claim u can't listen to Ross because he can't rap?

How are u a fan of Jay Z but knock Ross for "lack of subject matter"??

How are u an Odd Future fan yet knock Ross for not going Plat??

You dudes are just ridiculous with the double standards. I mean do u really think ppl aren't noticing the hypocrisy when it comes to Ross and the "internet fan"??

Just admit u don't like ole boy, all that extra ? is unnecessary

• juan travolta
    juan travolta Members Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ross is a true boss.
  • In Your Moms Room

Every Album Kanye has put out is platinum

Kanye has just as much promo as Ross. Kanye appears to a wider fanbase and makes more pop singles. Ross is the king of his lane. There is no comp.
  • Bender Rodriguez
    Bender Rodriguez Members Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol at more consistent than Jay-Z. In this era yes, but Ross releases literally 5 times more material. We're lucky to hear a new Jay song once every few months at best. We hear a new Ross or Ross-featured song every few days. No exaggerating. Typically it's above average to great.

Totally different approaches to music though. Ross grinds this hard because he HAS to in this new market. Let him take a Jeezy amount of time off and see what happens. It'll be "Rick Who? Nah this new ? Mosh Grizzly GOT THE SCREETS". That's how fast it moves if you are clearly establishing your dominance on a constant basis. The attention span of the casual Hip-Hop fan is like.. 4 year old ADD level.

^^From a diff forum but what somebody else said that i co sign
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosenberg was wildin when he starts talking all time catalog.

Hottest rapper out right now? Arguably, but ? is no where near one of Hip-Hop's greats.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2012
    PS Kanye has created a lane for all these "guy next door" rappers like J Cole, Drake,etc too. No way in hell is this Ross's era.

True, but Ross survived that exposure. Kanye gets props for ending the ? of street rappers cause he dropped his debut right after Jay "retired."