Anybody got a MacBook Pro?

Options
marley_montana
marley_montana Members Posts: 81 ✭✭
edited June 2011 in IllTek
Is it worth the stack im finna throw on it? How is it compared to windows? Ive never had an apple laptop so i just wanna know a little about em

Comments

• CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    *raises hand*
    gettit.. ull like it..
    gonna take u a few months to get the gist of everything.. but once u do ull see it ? on PCs..

now im jus a casual user.. so some super geek may come in here and tell u how PCs are better and can do more.. and if ur like that then go ahead and stick the PC.. but if ur like me.. u wont be dissappointed..
  • Piffawana
    Piffawana Members Posts: 197 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If your into gaming stay with pc's. Theres no other reason not to cross the line.

Question is what you wanna use it for ?
  • ex-soldier
    ex-soldier Members Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'm about the same. I have a ? Sony Vaio (never again will a ? with Sony as far as computers go). Anyway, I'm into upgrading to a Mac Pro.

My main use will be for music/DJ equipment.
  • marley_montana
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Ill mainly use it for music purposes. Editing, recording, ? like that.
  • Piffawana
    Piffawana Members Posts: 197 ✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Id say go for it then.

Like capitalB said, when you get used to a mac you will never go back.

I think they either got or are gonna get cheaper because of the new stuff coming out, but im not sure.
    You know anyone going to uni ? Dont kno how it is over there but students get a 8-10% discount. So get that person to buy it for you ?
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Cop that joint. You won't look back.
  • marley_montana
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Piffawana wrote: »
    Id say go for it then.

Like capitalB said, when you get used to a mac you will never go back.

I think they either got or are gonna get cheaper because of the new stuff coming out, but im not sure.
    You know anyone going to uni ? Dont kno how it is over there but students get a 8-10% discount. So get that person to buy it for you ?

Hell yea im in school right now actually, thats why i thought about getting one, cause of the discount. I get a discount at my job also. so yeah im gon go head and get it. Everybody saying the same ? . preciate the feedback
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    got a mac book pro, and was hooked since day one. don't see myself gettin a pc.
  • bootsy_jenkins
    bootsy_jenkins Members Posts: 502 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I have been using macs since college and have not looked back. I use it for editing video and audio. Photoshop and after effects. Like others have said, if you play PC games I would stick with a PC
    Macs also keep their value for a long time. I still have my macbook pro from '06 as a back up and someone wanted to cop it for $400. That wouldn't happen with a pc.
    Also if you have ANY problems with it the Apple store will either fix it or give you a new one.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So does the proprietary systems not bother you or is that why you like Apple? I have worked with Macs before and love how they work, but they expensive and to many work arounds to get things to work on my other machines (Android, Windows). I found a itunes workaround to integrate my music to my Android phone. Now I can finally use people itunes music.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    the only mac laptop i use is an iphone. When i'm at home i have a cheap ass pc that does everything a mac can do.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cop that joint. You won't look back.

this.........
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yo ive been a pc user most my life. Im in IT...but i copped a macbook pro last year. loved that ? .

i sold it because i was studying for some microsoft/cisco certs. Im about to go cop another one in the near future. its worth it