Should Darren Collison demand a trade??

long_tong
long_tong Members Posts: 441
edited March 2010 in From the Cheap Seats
Nobody knew how good he was until Chris Paul went down. Dude is a bonafide star in this league. I think he's learned enough from CP3 that he can go out and fly on his own. There are a shitload of teams that will put him the starting line up immediately. CP3 is gonna be logging 40 mpg next year. That doesnt leave much room for him to grow. If I were him, I'll be outta there somehow this offseason.

Comments

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    yeah..i didnt think he would be that good
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    he was a steal....i called this ? on draft night, but he should just wait and see what happens with Chris Paul first....somebody might offer the Hornets a great deal for him that they cant refuse, if not...then he can demand a trade
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    i can see him in a Knicks uni NO should move him for Chandler or Gallo it would be a good look for both teams
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    The East would definitely be a good look for him
  • im2fly
    im2fly Members Posts: 429
    edited March 2010
    They'll probably keep him 1 more season for the simple fact that he's the only one that can take over if CP3 gets hurt again. Until George Shinn stop being cheap and get a real SF and C they're going to stay small and keep losing. And you can't afford to have no length in the West. Collison is my personal ROY. If Collison wasn't there while CP3 was hurt, that team would have probably been as good as the Nets.

Marcus Thorton is nasty too. I think they might keep both of them, at least for a little while longer.
  • Dick Shitman
    Dick Shitman Members Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    he wont have too, i think they have to trade him this offseason. doesnt cp3 become a FA after the 2011 season? they have to move collison this summer to get a piece in hopes that paul re-signs imo. they could probably package him with a bad contract as well to give them a little cap space
  • long_tong
    edited March 2010
    i can see him in a Knicks uni NO should move him for Chandler or Gallo it would be a good look for both teams

He'll definitely be a good look for the Knicks, but Gallo aint goin no where.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    I agree I think the Knicks should strike a deal for Collison. But I can understand if the Hornets would hesitate to trade him, he is their insurance in case Paul gets hurt again.
  • makaveli03
    makaveli03 Members Posts: 2,392
    edited March 2010
    why the hell would collison demand a trade? lol
  • fabionbackbitch
    fabionbackbitch Members Posts: 720
    edited March 2010
    I read that they're thinking about starting both in the backcourt next season.
  • im2fly
    im2fly Members Posts: 429
    edited March 2010
    I read that they're thinking about starting both in the backcourt next season.

Yeah I read that somewhere too. I think it would really be a good look to start both and rotate between SG and PG with him CP3 and Thorton. That's buckets guaranteed with an uptempo pace. If they can just find a way to dump Peja's ? ass and get a talented SF, and a really tall average C that rebounds and that CP3 can make an all star off ally oops to like he did for Chandler they'll possibly be a contender again. But that's if the Front Office do they job and get a real GM that don't give ? ass or old ass players them huge ass contracts. I'm really hopin Bower just stays the coach and they get a actual GM that know what he's doing.
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    makaveli03 wrote: »
    why the hell would collison demand a trade? lol

better question....what leveage does Collison have to demand a trade?
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    them two in the backcourt will see them worked in the post
  • long_tong
    edited March 2010
    c1up wrote: »
    them two in the backcourt will see them worked in the post

Exactly....both of them are barely 6ft tall. They'll get dominated.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Knicks should go after him.
    CP3 is a ? .....he saw Collison beating and had to ruin the man's shine. Even though their season was over.